Jeudy and Hamlers NFL comps?

thebestever6

I just had to ask the forum because if you go around the web you get some ridiculous answers .

Like how does Jeudy compare to Antonio Brown when he does 70 percent of his damage from the slot?

How does Hamler compare to Hollywood Brown there are rumors he runs a 4.2.

What are your comps for them?

I always feel comps are hard and don’t put much stock in them, but NFL teams do use them.  They’re also difficult because people try and narrow it completely down to size and skill set.

Jeudy gets the Antonio Brown comp because they’re both exceptional route runners.  However, for all Browns mishaps, he’s a dog and plays physical, Jeudy doesn’t.  Jeudy is a finesse player.  From a size/play style standpoint I like the Calvin Ridley comparison, though Jeudy is a better route runner coming out and better after the catch.

As far as Hamler, I liken him to DeSean Jackson.  Smaller speed guys who can win deep, but also make players miss and create chunk plays.

Hamler is tough because he’s more jittery than most elite speed type players, which makes him somewhat more dynamic.

He’s also tenacious as hell.  I haven’t been more excited about a prospect in years, he was one of my favorites in this class.  That isn’t too say I think he’s going to be a HoFer, but he’s just a player you want on your football team.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Hamler is tough because he’s more jittery than most elite speed type players, which makes him somewhat more dynamic.

He’s also tenacious as hell.  I haven’t been more excited about a prospect in years, he was one of my favorites in this class.  That isn’t too say I think he’s going to be a HoFer, but he’s just a player you want on your football team.

The speed + twitch is definitely rare. As much as I liked Ruggs, he wasn’t as fluid laterally as Hamler. It does bring to mind Tyreek.

Of course Tyreek is such a unicorn because he has that combo plus he has the ability to go up and take the ball out of the air like a big WR. Also has that (albeit smaller) RB build to shed contact. KJ’s not going to be a complete player like that but the speed + fluidity combo alone will make him a nightmare to defend. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The speed + twitch is definitely rare. As much as I liked Ruggs, he wasn’t as fluid laterally as Hamler. It does bring to mind Tyreek.

Of course Tyreek is such a unicorn because he has that combo plus he has the ability to go up and take the ball out of the air like a big WR. Also has that (albeit smaller) RB build to shed contact. KJ’s not going to be a complete player like that but the speed + fluidity combo alone will make him a nightmare to defend. 

Completely agree. 

As far as Jeudy goes, he definitely looks like a better version of his Bama teammate Calvin Ridley. He can do more with the ball in his hands. Ridley walked into the NFL as a high level #2 / Z receiver with his route running ability. I expect the same of Jeudy.  I don’t see how Jeudy busts barring injury. Really think both he and Lamb would be clear top 10 picks most years. 

14 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Maybe Rick Upchurch but a better WR?

I can see this. Speed, lateral quickness, comfort in traffic, can make guys miss in a phone booth. 

I like the fact that Fangio was a driving force behind this pick. He looked at Hamler and saw a player he would have nightmares trying to defend in a game. Jet sweeps, bubble screens, slants and in-breaking routes off RPO (this would also kill with Jeudy)...there are a lot of ways you can take advantage of that speed as a rookie. He’s only 20 right now so there’s a lot of room to grow as a receiver as well as physically. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

52 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I can see this. Speed, lateral quickness, comfort in traffic, can make guys miss in a phone booth. 

I like the fact that Fangio was a driving force behind this pick. He looked at Hamler and saw a player he would have nightmares trying to defend in a game. Jet sweeps, bubble screens, slants and in-breaking routes off RPO (this would also kill with Jeudy)...there are a lot of ways you can take advantage of that speed as a rookie. He’s only 20 right now so there’s a lot of room to grow as a receiver as well as physically. 

Agreed.  When I heard Fangio was pushing for Hamler it made me love the pick even more.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Who is our slot gonna be? Hamler has the build and explosive traits, but Jeudy is a technician in the slot and did 70 percent of his damage in college from the slot.

I think they play them back and forth.  

• Like 1