2020 ROT

DreamKid

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/10/baltimore-ravens-offense-broken-fix-lamar-jackson-analysis

I'm reading this article right now about Lamar and the passing game and here's some interesting tidbits. He went from best in the NFL in empty last year to worst in the NFL this year. Removing those splits and his numbers this year look identical to last year:

Screen-Shot-2020-10-20-at-2.50.44-PM.png

And it looks like teams are blitzing him heavily on these plays, and Lamar is making bad reads consistently. There are two specific videos cited in the article, both where MAndrews is open on quick reads, but Lamar either panics and takes a sack (KC) or throws an INT on a bad read (CIN).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’ve loved Green, but I already occupy enough fantasy trade options in my mind (Julio Jones, Denzel Mims, Quinnen Williams, Montez Sweat) I don’t think I’ve got any space left for AJ Green.

Probably slightly less realistic than Julio considering the division rival aspect.

I don't think we could afford him anyway now with Thomas filing his grievance and Jefferson filing for the injury protection stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/10/baltimore-ravens-offense-broken-fix-lamar-jackson-analysis

I'm reading this article right now about Lamar and the passing game and here's some interesting tidbits. He went from best in the NFL in empty last year to worst in the NFL this year. Removing those splits and his numbers this year look identical to last year:

Screen-Shot-2020-10-20-at-2.50.44-PM.png

And it looks like teams are blitzing him heavily on these plays, and Lamar is making bad reads consistently. There are two specific videos cited in the article, both where MAndrews is open on quick reads, but Lamar either panics and takes a sack (KC) or throws an INT on a bad read (CIN).

This is a good article and matches with most of the things I've noticed.

This articles main points is exactly what we have talked about - so we can pat ourselves on the back a little bit.

I don't think it is a difficult analysis though, and we already talked about it coming off the loss to the Titans, that we should be able to counter when teams play us the way the Titans did.

I remember I mentioned how my old team ran an army style offense, and teams began to counter it with 3-5 defenses in man coverage with dlines lining up at 3 tech, zero tech and 3 tech and the outside forcing everything inside to those guys while taking away the read/keep.

We began to counter it with quick slants and deep outs from our slot receivers with outside receivers running clearing routes.

It is pretty much how the article sums up the "solutions" for the Ravens offense.

With how cornerbacks play Marquise Brown, we need to put the Flacco-To-Mason route into the offense and make those two work on it till they can do it with eyes closed. That has the potential to be our primary 3 down converter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danand said:

This articles main points is exactly what we have talked about - so we can pat ourselves on the back a little bit.

I don't think it is a difficult analysis though, and we already talked about it coming off the loss to the Titans, that we should be able to counter when teams play us the way the Titans did.

I remember I mentioned how my old team ran an army style offense, and teams began to counter it with 3-5 defenses in man coverage with dlines lining up at 3 tech, zero tech and 3 tech and the outside forcing everything inside to those guys while taking away the read/keep.

We began to counter it with quick slants and deep outs from our slot receivers with outside receivers running clearing routes.

It is pretty much how the article sums up the "solutions" for the Ravens offense.

With how cornerbacks play Marquise Brown, we need to put the Flacco-To-Mason route into the offense and make those two work on it till they can do it with eyes closed. That has the potential to be our primary 3 down converter.

That Flacco to Mason comeback route is like the Stockton and Marlone "Give n go". It just works! God, what a route. 😀

On 10/21/2020 at 12:29 PM, SalvadorsDeli said:

Bills released Quinton Spain. 

Thought he was supposed to be pretty good... maybe he just isn't anymore and it's another Fluker type signing but given how much Phillips is struggling, think it'd be worth kicking the tires here. 

Gotta give Phillips a bit more leeway imo. He’s at the front end of his rookie year playing a new position and has definitely shown some flashes. If he can stick it will pay dividends beyond this season. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Yeah I noticed he said that in his interview. Hopefully it helps them to get on the same page better moving forward. A shame that Dez Bryant couldn’t be one of the receiver to get a chance to be there considering he was in Covid protocol. But who knows, maybe the bye week connection was all Miles Boykin needed to transform from freight truck being weighed down by a trailer, into Optimus Prime. Maybe he doesn’t like it that his former teammate has caught fire while he continues to mire in mediocrity and worse.

One can dream.

But on a more realistic note, hopefully this allows Lamar along with Hollywood and Duvernay to get into a groove. As I stated in another thread I think those two opening up the passing attack will be a huge key in allowing us to open up a successful run game.

• Like 2