2020 ROT

DreamKid

29 minutes ago, drd23 said:

He was the one that first reported on the player leadership council pushing to get rid of Earl Thomas, but he does have a reputation for just throwing stuff out there and hoping its right too

Still would like to know who on our 'leadership council' decided leaking anything was a good idea.....

Great mystery I suppose. Though IIRC @baltimoreRebel was willing to bet 5K it was Judon 😆.

Some different evidence to the "Baltimore's offense is predictable" discussion we were having last week

With all this in mind, I really dug into Baltimore's Jackson-led offense, and came up with some key takeaways ...

First, the number of plays Baltimore runs -- and how they're sequenced -- is quite similar, season over season. As in, Call X on first down followed by Call Y second and so on, in such a way that is a very repeatable pattern from game to game and also from last season to this one. Sure there are some differences based on defensive looks, but even those follow a somewhat-regular pattern. Most teams have about a 25 percent occurrence of calling the same sequence over a four-game period; the Ravens are around 42 percent over their past four games.

https://www.nfl.com/news/the-formula-for-nfl-success-plus-the-truth-about-lamar-jackson?campaign=Twitter_atn

• Like 2

^^^ I’d be willing to have Brandon Williams as my dark horse option there. ET called him out for not playing hurt last season. So he’s got the motive.

Plus BWill has that silly type of personality that just sort of strikes me as the kind of guy that if you get talking and into a lively conversation with, you could laser in a question and he’ll answer before the filter comes to his brain.

Heck after his playing career I could really see him as the slim down 50 lbs and have a career in media as a color commentary type of guy. Like a Boogie McFarland, but hopefully without the cringe.😆

Being an informant wouldn’t be so bad if it led him to future job opportunities post football career. But again, he’s just my dark horse pick. Judon definitely definitely has to be the favorite. 😂

On the ET note, I know he’s definitely a loose cannon and you probably don’t want a guy like that around during COVID-19, but even I’m surprise that some team hasn’t come calling. There are enough bad defenses out there and teams on the brink that you’d think someone would convince themselves they’re in the mood for ET. Antonio Brown has done far worse (that we know) and yet he’s back in an NFL locker room and would’ve been in one all this time if not for litigation. Pretty crazy to think how fast life came at ET.

55 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Do we even know who's on the leadership council?

I think we can correctly assume a couple names, but it's not public knowledge right?

Well I just googled it...

Apparently Matt Judon considers himself a founding member of “The Council.” 😂

I don’t know if this is the same leadership council that Harbaugh formed back in 2012 to discuss player concerns or if this is just, more likely, a bunch of off brand players who aren’t on the actual leadership council who wanted to feel as important by proclaiming themselves “the council”; but if admittedly it’s the latter case, I’m far more concerned at the fact that Marlon Humphrey and DeShon Elliot could be duped by such a ploy. Though maybe they’re just looking to get extra workouts in regardless of who’s leading the workout sessions. Wouldn’t be disappointed in them for that.

Either way, this can’t be the same council that used to consist of leaders like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed considering Judon considers himself a “founding father.” And if it’s just Judon being Judon and it is indeed the same council, I feel sad that these are the guys the players allow to “lead the locker room.” But it would indeed speak to the sad state of this team come playoff time. You’d hope a 2020 version of “the council” has a guy like Calais Campbell on it at least.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-council-20190913-tutzvml3xfaylliah2ubk3i2fm-story.html

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drd23 said:

Some different evidence to the "Baltimore's offense is predictable" discussion we were having last week

https://www.nfl.com/news/the-formula-for-nfl-success-plus-the-truth-about-lamar-jackson?campaign=Twitter_atn

Don't worry, Greg Roman has chosen the "NAH NAH NAH CAN'T HEAR YOU!" method of self-evaluation.