2020 ROT

DreamKid

On 12/13/2020 at 7:32 PM, SalvadorsDeli said:

Watching this Bills/Steelers game is making me mad all over again about how much a true #1 receiver can help an offense and how we've failed to deliver on that for Lamar. Most of the first half Josh Allen looked erratic and confused without any easy looks to get him into a rhythm. 

Then lo and behold, he starts honing in on Diggs who is just getting open on every single play and a flip switches, not just for him but also in terms of opening up all of the role players to find their spots. 

Not to say Lamar is where I had hoped he'd be as a passer this year - he isn't - but my god do we make it hard for ourselves from a passing standpoint between a crappy scheme and JAG receivers. 

On 12/14/2020 at 1:10 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Strong agree. In Hollywood we’ve got our deep threat, but we need a chain moving do it all option. Someone that’s just a true go to option with a legit catch radius.

I couldn't agree more with both of you. What hurts even more is that we could've had a #1 WR in DJ Moore and passed that up. Then we could've had another #1 WR in Stefon Diggs and passed that up, too. Both guys RIGHT IN YOUR BACK YARD. How do you miss that not once BUT TWICE?!?!?!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, drd23 said:

If the rumours about how Diggs' team visit went down are true then I can't really blame the team for not wanting him

Not only the visit, but he was known at college park to run with the wrong people. It was good for his career that he got drafted well away from the area and that he was able to put that all behind him.

Edited by wackywabbit

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

oi. who knew.

Interesting. I wonder where his run blocking ranks with PFF considering how low they have him graded.

He’s looked solid to me in pass pro. And I’ve definitely noticed some violence in his run blocking. Though I’m also not sure if I’m overrating him because of how bad Tyre Phillips was.

We all need to give a ton of props to Joe D as our oline coach. So many shufflings and combos the last 3-4 years and they always seem to settle in and play well (save a game or two here and there every year).

Right now we’re rocking 

Zeus Boze Mekari Powers Fluker/Phillips

and they’ve played awesome lately 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

still shouldn't feel content to not invest a HIGH draft pick into this line. its more than likely Brown will not be extended due to cap ramifications and as well as the IOL has played recently, they are all just JAGs to me.

Who would you bench though? Mekari has, outside of those late game snaps to Huntley, been our best IOL on the season and someone I would hesitate to call a JAG, I think he’s clearly on a level above that. Still believe there’s low grade PB potential there with an offseason where he can focus on one position. Ben Powers has been a unit in the run game and now is starting to look better in pass pro as well. Bradley Bozeman is probably the worst option of the three (considering recent play) and an obvious career JAG.

Don’t confuse me for disagreeing with you, because I’m honestly curious who you think we’d bench considering Harbaugh’s affinity towards Bozeman. Then we’ve also got Phillips and Bredeson as reserves.

Considering Lamar needs another playmaking WR in the event that Andrews has his occasional stinker and Hollywood turns into SouljaBoy, along with the fact that our coverage safety play has went from average to below average to just now flat out bad, it’d be difficult justifying an OL selection above those two positions IMO.

I don’t disagree with wanting to add another pick along the inside, but the more and more we see, the more I become convinced that given a non-covid impacted offseason our OL coaches can generate quality inside play with what we have. Don’t get me wrong, if Creed Humphrey falls to the second round, there’s no safety I’m taking over him, but I think that’s sort of a JK Dobbins falling to our 2nd round pick type situation (not expected, but an obvious BPA type scenario).

agreed on Bozeman. Mekari at C to me is not the future. that botched snap Phillips returned could have been desastrous against a viable opponent in a closer game.
of the 3 mentioned i'd say Powers is the only option who has a firm grip on his position for next season.

anyway, i believe the #1 WR should be signed in FA as there are plenty to have in FA. JJSM is my guy here, after the quite season he had he shoulöd not command big money. could be home bound for Cali though, who knows. JH will sure look for a guy who's a willing blocker and JJSM is just that. furthermore - can't trust this team to identify and develop any WR (besides an illusional top10 draft pick maybe).

OL however will again be high in demand and low in numbers in FA. Sherff could be an option but he'll probably sign for money this team cannot pay. thus, i want one of the first 2 picks invested.