2020 ROT

DreamKid

11 minutes ago, Danand said:

Thats just not a good WR rep. He uses 12-14 steps and 3 seconds to go up field. Ofc he can "cook" Humphrey when he has that much time.

The conditions always favor the WR in that drill, but that doesn't mean the rep is valueless. It's just a good look at a smoother and faster Hollywood now farther away from his injury. I don't think anyone is taking much more than that away from it. Plus, it's training camp tradition to have videos of Marlon giving up long catches 😆. It's just at this point now he's so established fans don't do their typical overreactions anymore. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

The conditions always favor the WR in that drill, but that doesn't mean the rep is valueless. It's just a good look at a smoother and faster Hollywood now farther away from his injury. I don't think anyone is taking much more than that away from it. Plus, it's training camp tradition to have videos of Marlon giving up long catches 😆. It's just at this point now he's so established fans don't do their typical overreactions anymore. 

I reacted to it because it exploded on twitter yesterday, and I dared to point out it was not a good WR-rep.

Look at the vertical route run by Ruggs in the TC thread in NFL general, and that is a good WR-rep.

I am not trying to be pessimistic, and it might just be the old DB talking, because he had to listen to WR's gloating after they caught the ball 1on1 after they where covered for 5-6 seconds

• 4 weeks later...

I’d also add that I think it’s very likely that JK Dobbins takes over some of those Hurst touches as well. I’m sure we’re going to see plenty of 3 RB personnel with 2 HB and 1 FB. Which should lead to some creative ways to getting the ball to JKD. What’s more I’m sure we could see more 3 WR pistol looks with Dobbins as the lone back. So while I’d pass off Hurst’s seam routes over to Duvernay, I think a good amount of the shorter stuff will go to Dobbins. He’ll be the one we hope to matchup with LBs in space and have him take advantage of the mismatch.

edit: Which is why Dobbins is the only RB for the Ravens I’m taking a gamble with in fantasy.

Edited by diamondbull424

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Who is our first HB to go over 100 yards rushing this season?

Ingram? Dobbins? Maybe Edwards in a blowout game late? Or even Hill with 100 to 1 odds?

Dobbins and Ingram seem like the most obvious options. Ingram just doesn’t seem explosive enough for the feat with two other gifted backs stealing carries. I think whoever does it will have to be incredibly efficient. Like 100 yds off of 10-12 carries.

On one hand I could easily see Gus getting in a blowout like you said as we saw last season against the Texans he could perform with such efficiency. However Dobbins track record of explosive production is quite extensive, however that was college.

I’ll err on the side of JKDobbins, if only because I’m not sure what level of trust the team has in Gus Edwards considering they’ve looked to upgrade the RB unit at every step of the way after he’s shown to be highly productive in his first few seasons in the league. Dobbins as a rookie seems to have greater trust by the team, he’s got the talent, and the draft status all working in his favor.

• Like 1