2020 Rookie Talk.

DreamKid

10 hours ago, Danand said:

A danish analyst with some connections to the analytics department with the Ravens said they had some expectations for our late round picks without going into further details.

I believe we only had 2 real late round picks in Washington, Proche and Stone, but I wonder what exactly they offer in the analytics department as neither of them are extraordinary athletes

Analytics isn't all about processing Combine numbers...

54 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Analytics isn't all about processing Combine numbers...

Athleticism profiles are just one piece of the pie. Production, Age, Injury History, etc. Also all play a big role.

Chuck Clark is probably the best most recent example of hitting on a later round analytics darling. Strong athleticism and production profile

Funny how right this Browns' writer was 3 years ago-

So many analytics people were drooling over Chucky to us in the 6th, and the hype was validated. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Athleticism profiles are just one piece of the pie. Production, Age, Injury History, etc. Also all play a big role.

Chuck Clark is probably the best most recent example of hitting on a later round analytics darling. Strong athleticism and production profile

Funny how right this Browns' writer was 3 years ago-

So many analytics people were drooling over Chucky to us in the 6th, and the hype was validated. 

Out of curiosity, what was it they saw in him re: analytics? 

Looking at his draft profile/combine seemed like he was generally solid/average in the size/speed departments (with the exception of the 20-yard shuttle, where he was a top performer). Lauded for his production and instincts, though.

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Out of curiosity, what was it they saw in him re: analytics? 

Looking at his draft profile/combine seemed like he was generally solid/average in the size/speed departments (with the exception of the 20-yard shuttle, where he was a top performer). Lauded for his production and instincts, though.

Solo Tackle MS and PD MS for his position were at or above the All-Pro average for his position. In terms of athleticism, his flexibility score was well above the All-Pro average too. Speed score was also above the Pro Bowl average. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Solo Tackle MS and PD MS for his position were at or above the All-Pro average for his position. In terms of athleticism, his flexibility score was well above the All-Pro average too. Speed score was also above the Pro Bowl average. 

What's flexibility scorE?

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Is there any one from this year's class that jumps out in the same way?

Evan Adams
Jacob Breeland
Trystan Colon-Castillo
Aaron Crawford
John Daka
Michael Dereus
Khalil Dorsey
Jeff Hector
Tyler Huntley
Dom Maggio
Jaylon Moore
Josh Nurse
Sean Pollard
Bronson Rechsteiner
Chauncey Rivers
Nick Vogel
Nigel Warrior
Kristian Welch
Marcus Willoughby
Eli Wolf

This is the official list of undrafted free agents the Ravens have actually signed. It's a big one with 20 overall. That fills up the 90-man roster as well. Probably won't be much adding/subtracting before June since there aren't any rookie minicamps going on. 

Just watched a video on devin duvernay. One thing that stood out to me. He does a really good job at catching the ball on those short screens and just getting downhill. Almost like a 1 cut running back. he finds open space quickly and gets yards. Doesn’t waste a lot of time trying to make people miss, he just gets yards. Kinda reminds me of Todd Heap in that respect. Heap would catch the ball and just go forward.

• Like 1

Saw this on Reddit. Madubuike is taking Haloti's old number, and our club legend gave his stamp of approval.

Interesting that two of our top prospects from this class have taken the numbers of some more recent Raven stars. Dobbins- #27 Madubuke- #92

Let's hope they can live up to them. 

jamjhqqokky41.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Will be interesting to see who can nab slot looks this season. Hayden Hurst is gone and Snead is vulnerable imo. Hollywood and Andrews are both high end weapons on the inside, and I think Duvernay has a chance to emerge as well. Top end hands, strong run after catch ability, and legit speed make him a monster contender. Can see the coaches giving him a lot of opportunities early on to prove/cement himself, really trying to manifest the Deebo Samuel comp.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

I don't think this account realizes the victim in this Malik Harrison hype post is our own 4th Round Pick from the same draft, Ben Bredeson...

Can’t believe we passed over Tyler Biadasz to take this dude. I’ve yet to see any tape of his that I find impressive. Can’t help but feel it was a nepotism type of selection. I’d rather gamble on an injury prone talent that can dominate when healthy than a JAG. Hopefully Bredeson proves me wrong though.