2020 Rookie Talk.

DreamKid

I'm all for attacking inept decisions on offense for the Ravens, but fading James Proche isn't one of them imo. The guy couldn't separate in college and wasn't going to magically start doing it in the NFL- especially in Year 1. Lamar doesn't like throwing into tight windows or lobbing up 50/50 balls. Proche doesn't really have a place in this offense going forward, and it would be foolish to take Duvernay off either return spot too.

6th Round Pick for a reason and he'll be fighting for spot on the 53 next year depending on who we bring in. Poor to Average separation on every one of these 'highlight' catches. Just not a great fit for us.

28 minutes ago, drd23 said:

How tf did Queen get more votes than Winfield Jr?

That screams "I just looked at the box score to decide"

That's an odd one for sure. Winfield has been stellar for the Bucs.

Jihad Ward disagrees though, feels PQ should've taken the whole thing. Have to applaud his dedication to the squad 😂. Mini Twitter rant from him-

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, drd23 said:

How tf did Queen get more votes than Winfield Jr?

That screams "I just looked at the box score to decide"

Queen won DPOTW honors and also had that other dominant performance. I can’t remember which game, but I know one came against WFT and the other against the Bengals. I also recall him looking very good against the Eagles in the first half.

So I can get it for sure. Winfield has been better, but if I saw Queen early in the season, but missed out on his stinkers and then caught him in the playoffs... I could certainly see how someone might vote for him above Winfield Jr. His lows were far lower, but his highs were definitely higher.

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm all for attacking inept decisions on offense for the Ravens, but fading James Proche isn't one of them imo. The guy couldn't separate in college and wasn't going to magically start doing it in the NFL- especially in Year 1. Lamar doesn't like throwing into tight windows or lobbing up 50/50 balls. Proche doesn't really have a place in this offense going forward, and it would be foolish to take Duvernay off either return spot too.

6th Round Pick for a reason and he'll be fighting for spot on the 53 next year depending on who we bring in. Poor to Average separation on every one of these 'highlight' catches. Just not a great fit for us.

Yep, exactly this. I was never thrilled for the Proche pick for that exact reason. If you NEED to make that many highlight reel and contested catches playing against Conference USA defensive backs, it really does not say much about your potential to get separation against NFL defenders. 

Also agree that he'll be on the roster bubble next training camp. Given that we didn't really miss a beat once Duvernay started fielding punts later in the year, that's not going to be enough to keep him in a job. If we assume Hollywood, Boykin, and Duvernay are locks and that we bring in at least one if not two WR's via FA and the draft, that leaves Proche fighting with Deion Cain and other flyers of that nature for at most one more roster spot. 

4 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I was never thrilled for the Proche pick for that exact reason.

Same. The Proche and McSorley picks are the only ones I've outright disliked from a player prospective. I questioned the logic behind the early round Queen and Dobbins selection, as those aren't really the positions you want to invest your premium picks in, but you can't deny their ultimate talent and upside. 

EDC is lucky he isn't Lamar or there'd already be a "DeCosta CAN't DRaft 6Th RoUnDers" narrative 😆.

• 1 month later...