2020 Rookie Talk.

DreamKid

5 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

He looked the part last night. Didn't have a massive numbers day. Went 4 catches for 56 yards. Had a couple drops. He's electric when the ball is in his hands, shifty and you can tell him and Lamar are good friends. Same type of moves and jukes. 

Still gutted we didn't land him but I'm more than happy with PQ and the other picks we saved not going up to get him. 

Yup his hands were the only concern I particularly had about his game. That and the questionable knee concerns. I see a faster Keenan Allen with Amari Cooper hands.

5 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Really hoping Madbiuke (sp?) is ready to go Sunday. With all the good things said about it, I'm ready to see the big man in rotation. On paper we should really smack the Texans all over the field again. You never know though.. 

Yeah. Especially considering Derek Wolfe didn’t really stand out. I just hope that Madubuike playing won’t necessarily take away from Jihad Ward’s snap count, he’s shown that he deserves to continue to see playing time with how active he was during his time in the game.

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Looking at the highlights Dobbins left a solid 7-8 yards on the field on one of those plays. The one after his first TD where he was tackled for about a 3 yard gain, he had Stanley and Andrews towards the sideline plowing a lane for him.

Though Skura had yet another block that he wasn’t able to get to on that play. Skura’s man was the one who made the tackle. Obviously I don’t expect that he’s at a legit 100% but even still, getting an elite center would certainly do wonders for this OL, particularly someone of the Alex Mack/Nick Mangold variety.

Edited by diamondbull424

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

It’s always funny when people brag about college, it’s like, bro we’re professionals now. Isaiah Simmons better start focusing more on his production in the pros and less on whether a dude was a 1 hit wonder in college. All that matters is the pro career now. Queen is on pace to have a shot at DROY, Simmons is currently not on such a track. Still early in the season, but unless these things were just said in jest... then this ain’t it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I know he's been torched a couple times and might've even been benched IIRC. 

I haven’t paid much attention to him, just heard he wasn’t playing well. Sounds to me like a player who hasn’t been able to adjust his ego from being the big man on campus as the best athlete on the field in every game, to being just another dude that has to prove himself in the league.

• Like 1

Not sure what the numbers will say by the end of this game, but when I tuned into the Cowboys game and started paying attention Tyler Biadasz looked pretty darn good out there outside of one bulrush that got into his frame. But he was able to finally sit and keep the pocket protected.

Reminded me of Matt Birk out there.