Chiefs Sign Taco Charlton To One Year Contract

Chiefer

9 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

He any good?

He's a young pass rusher with no current criminal/PR issues that I'm aware of, and he's been cut by two different teams in as many years.

I think expectations should be tempered.

That said he had 5 sacks in what I'm assuming was a rotational role, so there's something to work with.

Edited by Dome

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

He's a young pass rusher with no current criminal/PR issues that I'm aware of, and he's been cut by two different teams in as many years.

I think expectations should be tempered.

That said he had 5 sacks in what I'm assuming was a rotational role, so there's something to work with.

Damn I don’t know if he’s a good fit with his lack of criminal background.

But being cut from two teams in two years,  the potential is there for an Andy Reid Reclamation Project.

• Like 2

I think he has motivation issues. If Reid can get him to play and practice hard at all times then I think there could be something to work with. Wouldn't have hated to see him back with Miami this season but he was a healthy scratch in the last few games of the season so the writing was on the wall.

• Like 1

Does anyone know that basis for all the healthy scratches? He ahd them in Dallas and again in Miami.

Charlton has the body type Spagnuolo favors, such as Emmanuel Ogbah. That said, the Chiefs get Breeland Speaks and Alex Okafor back from injuries. Add them to Frank Clark, Tanoh Kpassagnon and fifth round pick Mike Danna. That's a lot of DE, even if Speaks slides inside to DT some of the time. 

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Does anyone know that basis for all the healthy scratches? He ahd them in Dallas and again in Miami.

Charlton has the body type Spagnuolo favors, such as Emmanuel Ogbah. That said, the Chiefs get Breeland Speaks and Alex Okafor back from injuries. Add them to Frank Clark, Tanoh Kpassagnon and fifth round pick Mike Danna. That's a lot of DE, even if Speaks slides inside to DT some of the time. 

J

By the looks of most the comments it’s probably an effort thing.

D

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why does this dude keep getting work? He’s terrible. 

Andy Reid gonna Andy Reid. He’s probably hoping he’s similar to Ogbah and can get a comp pick for him next year.

This seems like a very typical Veach signing....low risk high reward. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. Maybe Taco works out as a good rotation player...maybe not. I personally think signings like this are fine. Fun to watch play out.