Chiefs Sign Taco Charlton To One Year Contract

Chiefer

If I were at Kansas City, I would have signed a deal with 37 year old T-Sizzle before I ever would think of making a deal with Taco Charlton.  

He was another one that was really hyped coming out of Michigan, but he just sucks.  

This move just doesn't make sense for KC.  

• Like 1

Dallas fan here. The issue with Taco is he was soft. He would only use one spin move and get stuck. He is not physical enough. He didn't put in enough effort. Fell in the dog house with Rod Marenilli. Same thing happen in Miami. Def. a bust for US. We could have drafted TJ Watts instead. UGH.

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

If I were at Kansas City, I would have signed a deal with 37 year old T-Sizzle before I ever would think of making a deal with Taco Charlton.  

He was another one that was really hyped coming out of Michigan, but he just sucks.  

This move just doesn't make sense for KC.  

I was hoping we'd keep Suggs but I wouldn't be surprised if he retires. I doubt he wants to keep grinding for whatever he's gonna get money wise.

Would project to being the fourth man in our edge rusher rotation behind Clark, Okafor, and Tanoh. Doesn't hurt to give it a shot. Basically he'll be fighting for a roster spot against Breeland Speaks, a disappointing highish draft pick of our own. But hey, we wound up getting good value out of Cam Erving, so it's not the first time we've signed a much maligned former high draft pick and turned him into useful depth.

He is physically and emotionally soft. He has a loser’s mentality. One of those guys where it was always everyone else’s fault he couldn’t crack the depth chart and live up to his draft status. 
A stiff player with no pass rush repertoire and a bad attitude. 

13 hours ago, Dome said:

He's a young pass rusher with no current criminal/PR issues that I'm aware of, and he's been cut by two different teams in as many years.

I think expectations should be tempered.

That said he had 5 sacks in what I'm assuming was a rotational role, so there's something to work with.

If Andy Reid can turn Taco Charlton around then he's the GOAT HC imo. I don't think he'll last 10 games with the Chiefs.

The guy was horrible in Dallas and what makes it worse is many fans knew it was huge mistake immediately after he was drafted.  

Edited by Tony7188