Assessing the draft (and UDFA)

onejayhawk

It has been two weeks since the drafted ended. Bearing in mind our weaknesses, our strengths, our draft capital and the poll of available talent, how do you think the team performed in the biggest talent acquisition phase?

Prior to the draft, the positions most considered needs were RB, ILB, CB, IOL in some order. Deeper concerns were for IDL, TE,  OT, WR. Simply put, no big holes, but several weak patches. We invested our first two picks in a RB and an ILB, then an OT with elite talent but medical concerns. On day three, two DB picks and two top FA signings at CB. The final pick was an explosive edge rusher. Also in FA, we added five WR, including the top undrafted WR in the pool, and two draftable OL. So, picks at three of four main needs, plus multiple signings at the fourth. We also had a pick and signings at two of the other four needs. 

One thing worth noting. Goldfishwars is posting his annual assessment. We are not in the bottom 10.

J

32 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

It has been two weeks since the drafted ended. Bearing in mind our weaknesses, our strengths, our draft capital and the poll of available talent, how do you think the team performed in the biggest talent acquisition phase?

Prior to the draft, the positions most considered needs were RB, ILB, CB, IOL in some order. Deeper concerns were for IDL, TE,  OT, WR. Simply put, no big holes, but several weak patches. We invested our first two picks in a RB and an ILB, then an OT with elite talent but medical concerns. On day three, two DB picks and two top FA signings at CB. The final pick was an explosive edge rusher. Also in FA, we added five WR, including the top undrafted WR in the pool, and two draftable OL. So, picks at three of four main needs, plus multiple signings at the fourth. We also had a pick and signings at two of the other four needs. 

One thing worth noting. Goldfishwars is posting his annual assessment. We are not in the bottom 10.

J

I saw our UDFA was ranked 2nd in the NFL.  I saw a few players I believe can our should make the team which is pretty awesome.

5 minutes ago, valkrei said:

I saw our UDFA was ranked 2nd in the NFL.  I saw a few players I believe can our should make the team which is pretty awesome.

Post the link if you have it.

With no late picks, it's clear we geared up for UDFA. Several of our signees By my count, we signed at least five players in the top 200--Hill, Davis, Durant, Williams, Lipscomb. Davis was graded as high as 4th round. A couple others have potential to be PS players. In addition, we signed what appears to be Colquitt's replacement.  It's a lot for no draft capital.

J

On 5/2/2020 at 9:42 AM, onejayhawk said:

Post the link if you have it.

With no late picks, it's clear we geared up for UDFA. Several of our signees By my count, we signed at least five players in the top 200--Hill, Davis, Durant, Williams, Lipscomb. Davis was graded as high as 4th round. A couple others have potential to be PS players. In addition, we signed what appears to be Colquitt's replacement.  It's a lot for no draft capital.

J

Arrowhead addict had it and it was a twitter posting its been a while.