Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
onejayhawk

Assessing the draft (and UDFA)

Recommended Posts

It has been two weeks since the drafted ended. Bearing in mind our weaknesses, our strengths, our draft capital and the poll of available talent, how do you think the team performed in the biggest talent acquisition phase?

Prior to the draft, the positions most considered needs were RB, ILB, CB, IOL in some order. Deeper concerns were for IDL, TE,  OT, WR. Simply put, no big holes, but several weak patches. We invested our first two picks in a RB and an ILB, then an OT with elite talent but medical concerns. On day three, two DB picks and two top FA signings at CB. The final pick was an explosive edge rusher. Also in FA, we added five WR, including the top undrafted WR in the pool, and two draftable OL. So, picks at three of four main needs, plus multiple signings at the fourth. We also had a pick and signings at two of the other four needs. 

One thing worth noting. Goldfishwars is posting his annual assessment. We are not in the bottom 10.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

It has been two weeks since the drafted ended. Bearing in mind our weaknesses, our strengths, our draft capital and the poll of available talent, how do you think the team performed in the biggest talent acquisition phase?

Prior to the draft, the positions most considered needs were RB, ILB, CB, IOL in some order. Deeper concerns were for IDL, TE,  OT, WR. Simply put, no big holes, but several weak patches. We invested our first two picks in a RB and an ILB, then an OT with elite talent but medical concerns. On day three, two DB picks and two top FA signings at CB. The final pick was an explosive edge rusher. Also in FA, we added five WR, including the top undrafted WR in the pool, and two draftable OL. So, picks at three of four main needs, plus multiple signings at the fourth. We also had a pick and signings at two of the other four needs. 

One thing worth noting. Goldfishwars is posting his annual assessment. We are not in the bottom 10.

J

I saw our UDFA was ranked 2nd in the NFL.  I saw a few players I believe can our should make the team which is pretty awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, valkrei said:

I saw our UDFA was ranked 2nd in the NFL.  I saw a few players I believe can our should make the team which is pretty awesome.

Post the link if you have it.

With no late picks, it's clear we geared up for UDFA. Several of our signees By my count, we signed at least five players in the top 200--Hill, Davis, Durant, Williams, Lipscomb. Davis was graded as high as 4th round. A couple others have potential to be PS players. In addition, we signed what appears to be Colquitt's replacement.  It's a lot for no draft capital.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sneed Film Review

this guy is mean man and has some talent, it’s a shame they forced him to move to Safety because they changed the defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 9:42 AM, onejayhawk said:

Post the link if you have it.

With no late picks, it's clear we geared up for UDFA. Several of our signees By my count, we signed at least five players in the top 200--Hill, Davis, Durant, Williams, Lipscomb. Davis was graded as high as 4th round. A couple others have potential to be PS players. In addition, we signed what appears to be Colquitt's replacement.  It's a lot for no draft capital.

J

Arrowhead addict had it and it was a twitter posting its been a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×