Lions decline 5th year option on Jarrad Davis

Nnivolcm

20 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Even with Golladay, that 17 draft is baaaad. 

I wonder if Quinn thought ahead at all knowing he always wanted Patricia? Doesnt look like it and that class didnt help Caldwell much either.

Probably not a good idea to draft players with a backhanded plan to replace your current coach with a new one. 

When Quinn has been drafting for his preferred scheme, his hit rate has been much much better: 2018, 2019 and 2020

14 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Probably not a good idea to draft players with a backhanded plan to replace your current coach with a new one. 

When Quinn has been drafting for his preferred scheme, his hit rate has been much much better: 2018, 2019 and 2020

His hit rate also improved with experience.

17 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

Solomon Thomas for Jarrad Davis trade who says no? 

look at the 2017 1st round draft. 13 players options declined, 1 released. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/05/these-2017-nfl-draft-first-round-picks-had-their-options-declined

I'd swap him with just about anyone on that list of declined options to see if we can utilize them better.  Especially Corey Davis, Soloman Thomas, and Hassan Reddick.  

18 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

Where does Soloman line up on our D?

I think he backs up Flowers.  He can slide inside on passing downs but more than anything is seeing if he is worth kicking the tires on to tap into the potential that got him drafted so high. If not, cut him. 

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think he backs up Flowers.  He can slide inside on passing downs but more than anything is seeing if he is worth kicking the tires on to tap into the potential that got him drafted so high. If not, cut him. 

Idk I feel hes a 4-3 3 tech but i could be really wrong. Id rather Davis. Plays all LB spots. and now we can actually master his pass rush instead of making him suffer in coverage....

On 5/5/2020 at 1:00 PM, Karnage84 said:

He did pretty well in 2016. 3.5 starters

- Decker

- A'Shawn

- Glasgow

- Killebrew

- Dahl

I'm not so sure about that. Dahl and Killebrew are fairly good value, but I don't think that they're quality starters. Decker is average to above for his position and Glasgow was good, but A'Shawn is pretty mediocre. A'Shawn/Killebrew/Dahl are rotational players or starters on weaker teams, not guys that you build around. 

That's my biggest problem with Quinn - he hasn't really found any starts besides Golladay and Ragnow. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1

Just now, Lions017 said:

I'm not so sure about that. Dahl and Killebrew are fairly good value, but I don't think that they're quality starters. Decker is average to above for his position and Glasgow was good, but A'Shawn is pretty mediocre. 

That's my biggest problem with Quinn - he hasn't really found any starts besides Golladay and Ragnow. 

You're always going to have varying levels of quality. A consistent starter is still a quality pick, especially if you're talking about 5th round picks.