Bears to decline Trub's 5th year option

malagabears

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

But if they watched and left and never talked to him, that's incredibly moronic.

Where does "talking to prospect" rank on the totem pole of evaluations? To me, I'd rather hear what his coaches, teachers, trainers etc have to say about someone than talk to them.

Not saying it isn't important to get a feel for the human being, but when it comes to evaluating football players? Meh.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Where does "talking to prospect" rank on the totem pole of evaluations? To me, I'd rather hear what his coaches, teachers, trainers etc have to say about someone than talk to them.

Not saying it isn't important to get a feel for the human being, but when it comes to evaluating football players? Meh.

Then you should be pissed that Pace allowed him to be seduced by Trubisky and his family support system, 99 Camry, James McMahon reservation.

You need to need with the top guys. You need to get a feel for them as people. 

Pace not thoroughly vetting Watson is negligence.

23 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Why does this keep coming up? I mean what does Watson have to gain by coming out and saying this especially now that it seems false based on something he said on record over 3 years ago.

Because the 2017 draft will continue to come up unless 2 things happen,

1. Pace is no longer the GM of the team

2. Trubisky gets good

2017 is now going to be included in all of those NFL Films Draft Disaster episodes.

13 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Because the 2017 draft will continue to come up unless 2 things happen,

1. Pace is no longer the GM of the team

2. Trubisky gets good

2017 is now going to be included in all of those NFL Films Draft Disaster episodes.

You forgot one option.

Or if the Bears win a SB during Pace's tenure as GM.

Winning championships is all that matters at the end of the day. 

I'd rather win a SB in the next 2 years  with Nick Foles as our QB then say we have Deshaun Watson as our QB for the next 10 years but never win a SB.

You also didn't answer my question on why Watson feels the need to lie about this topic...

Edited by topwop1

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You forgot one option.

I'd rather win a SB in the next 2 years  with Nick Foles as our QB then say we have Deshaun Watson as our QB for the next 10 years but never win a SB.

I think 1 and 2 go together. If Trubisky never gets good, Pace will be fired and they'll never win one. If Trubisky gets good, Pace stays on and they may win one.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think 1 and 2 go together. If Trubisky never gets good, Pace will be fired and they'll never win one. If Trubisky gets good, Pace stays on and they may win one.

Not necessarily. Pace may never need Trubisky to get good in order to save his job and achieve success by bringing a SB championship to Chicago. 

I know you don't have much faith in Foles saving the day but we cannot pretend to act as if we know how Pace's future here will be determined.

Though I will say the media is certainly doing it's best to try and get him fired by bringing up the race argument and trying to embarrass to the Bears franchise.

33 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You forgot one option.

You also didn't answer my question on why Watson feels the need to lie about this topic...

He’s not going to answer the last question 

• Like 1

If they actually did talk to him and send all their execs to his workouts then that makes me feel a lot better.  It's still mind boggling why they would "wine and dine" Trubisky and Mahomes, but not Watson.  Did he have a really bad pro day or something?

• Like 1