Bears to decline Trub's 5th year option

malagabears

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not sure how you can look at the TE position and the investment there, Sims [10 mil], Burton [22 mil], Shaheen [2nd] round and be impressed by his work at TE.

I am not sure you can look at the OL and be impressed what 40+ million and 2 2nd round picks has gotten us there.

The only offensive positions he has done a good job at is RB and WR, and the jury is out on Montgomery.

Has he done a good job at WR? Robinson is great, but the jury is still out on Miller. After 1 year I'd say things aren't looking great for Ridley. After all of that and 6 years, they still went into this draft looking for speed at the position. 

(Wims is a 7th rounder, whatever)

The only way that Pace should be safe in my world is if one of the QBs, I would prefer 10, comes in and does a Tannehill and shows that they can be a long term answer.

If the Bears are over the barrel and forced to make another big draft investment in QB, then I do not want Pace in the room. He can reinvent himself as a scouting director for another team where he can evaluate defensive players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

On a Bears board someone said "so what?" that the GM blew that opportunity. Good god

The Phil Emery bar. Very low standards.

"We have never found a QB, so who cares if this GM cannot evaluate QBs, Bear weather."

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It only set the franchise back years and blew a hole in the side of the elite defenses competitive window.

xDxDxD

PHIL EMERY DUMPSTER FIRE...

After that comment there is very little point trying to discuss this further...Pace has put us back on the right path after we were at our worst in my life time.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

xDxDxD

After that comment there is very little point trying to discuss this further...Pace has put us back on the right path after we were at our worst in my life time.

The miss on Trubisky set us back years.

Your mention of Phil Emery shows exactly where your standards are set. Being better than Phil Emery is not an accomplishment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

xDxDxD

He has got us back to the Jerry Angelo Bears.

We have gone in a circle with a the Emery turd in the middle.

Just now, WindyCity said:

The miss on Trubisky set us back years.

Your mention of Phil Emery shows exactly where your standards are set. Being better than Phil Emery is not an accomplishment.

And your inability to see that the most important decision is not the only decision just shows your continued short sightedness...this is all a waste of time anyway...if Foles or Trubisky play well the first 3 games of the year your entire opinion will change again...as usual.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

And your inability to see that the most important decision is not the only decision just shows your continued short sightedness...this is all a waste of time anyway...if Foles or Trubisky play well the first 3 games of the year your entire opinion will change again...as usual.

If the QBs do not suck then yes my opinion will change.

His long term future with the team is riding on his ability to get the QB spot right and build a functional offense.

I would hope that if Foles or Trubiskly are not good next season that your opinion would change, but that would be looking for a increase in non-existent "so what" standards.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Everyone understands that it is not the only decision.

But it is the most important decision. I feel like we need to post a definition of important.

Your short sightedness is not seeing that without a good QB we are treading water.

If your mechanic rotates your tires, fixes your breaks, gets your AC working, but doesn't fix your engine, you car is still useless. IMPORTANT MATTERS.

Edited by WindyCity

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Everyone understands that it is not the only decision.

But it is the most important decision. I feel like we need to post a definition of important.

If your mechanic rotates your tires, fixes your breaks, gets your AC working, but doesn't fix your engine, you car is still useless. IMPORTANT MATTERS.

Peyton Manning in Indy...greatest QB of all time IMO...how many superbowls in Indy? Aaron Rodgers...in the conversation for greatest of all time...how many superbowls? Thinking you build a winner with a QB and nothing else is foolish.

• Like 1