Bears to decline Trub's 5th year option

malagabears

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

It's funny because the argument for him is typically "if Nagy just ran the ball more!" and despite that arguably being their best running performance in Nagy's tenure, he was still bad.

The Eagles game? We averaged 3.4 YPC. That is not the best running performance in Nagy's tenure.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

The Eagles game? We averaged 3.4 YPC. That is not the best running performance in Nagy's tenure.

I'm talking about the Chargers game. Abstract's post was in reference to a post about the Chargers performance

Edited by beardown3231

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm talking about the Chargers game. Abstract's post was in reference to a post about the Chargers performance

Abstract cited completing 10 passes for 125 yards. That's the Eagles game.

Chargers game Trubisky was 23/35, 253 yards 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G08 said:

The Eagles game? We had a chance to stop them on 3rd and long at the end of the game and **** the bed on a TE screen. Who knows what would have happened if we got the ball back, for one. Second, we ran the ball at a whopping 3.4 yards per carry, etc.

He didn't play well, but I thought you asked for him being the reason we lost.

We can't hold the defense to that standard while allowing the QB to play like one of the worst in the NFL. Literally every other NFL QB would take blame in that scenario.

If I was serious about O line coaching for a living  I would be spending a Year in Iowa or a year with Patriots O line coach.

49ers also were excellent last season and it wasn’t just talent and scheme.  

• Like 1

Just now, abstract_thought said:

We can't hold the defense to that standard while allowing the QB to play like one of the worst in the NFL. Literally every other NFL QB would take blame in that scenario.

It's typical Bears stuff- expect the elite D to hold every single offense to less than 15 points every game while being on the field for 40 minutes.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Abstract cited completing 10 passes for 125 yards. That's the Eagles game.

Chargers game Trubisky was 23/35, 253 yards 

Not sure why he said that in reference to the LAC post then xD

13 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Bears were apparently in on Bridegwater before trading for Foles, but it's been reported that Teddy balked at the idea of coming in to "compete" with Mitch so he moved on to Carolina where he is now the unquestioned starter. 

To be honest I'm glad they didn't sign Teddy after hearing that and I'm also glad they didn't sign Cam because both of these guys aren't that great of QBs to have this sense of entitlement that they deserve to be the starter without having to earn it with their play on the field.

Cam had always been a two trick pony. Big arm and a running QB but his accuracy and decision making has always sucked and his attitude stinks also.

Last thing I'll ask is do some of you guys actually not realize why they got Foles over these other bums you wanted then to sign? Just think about it deeply for a bit and put the racist accusations aside please.

If they had their best and final in on Bridgewater and he passed for what he considered a better situation (for him), then so be it. A lot unconfirmed with that story, so who knows.

Calling Winston a bum is a stretch. An argument could be made that he's been better than Trub every year MT has been in the league. FO had him higher ranked on per play efficiency even last year which was Winton's worst, and somewhat of an outlier for him. FO is not the final say in things, but I find them useful to confirm the eyeball test, or gut feeling, on a player I haven't watched all that closely.

Cam has been on a downward trajectory since his MVP season, no doubt. What we would be hoping for with him is that a new environment, time off to heal, and new reason to be motivated would bring out the best version of him (which has been better than any of the people discussed here).

And that is the theme with all of these guys, Foles included. We are betting that bringing them in and coaching them up will bring out the best version of them, because they have all shown us the good and the bad.

As for the bolded, you'll have to do that for me and let me know. Is the difference that we had to trade for a guy who did not have a choice about coming here, because we appear to be an unattractive location for FA QB's?

If so, then fair enough.

12 hours ago, Tyty said:

wNM7oDo.jpg

c6fF5Ko.jpg

Top wop with no foresight 

Cue3b9k.jpg

madmike not only loving on Tru but subtly hating on Mahomes

S2efNSm.jpg

Gogriese of all people being happy about something 

guo76C6.jpg

tubJ8I6.jpg

Cbears being unnervingly sassy 

RErw3Ga.jpg

Finally remembered what this knot was from 

LOL, fun read going through that old thread. Good stuff.

I don't know how to post images here, but the hot take I had on that first page made me laugh. That thread got pretty nasty as it went on, though.

2 hours ago, ForteOz said:

LOL, fun read going through that old thread. Good stuff.

I don't know how to post images here, but the hot take I had on that first page made me laugh. That thread got pretty nasty as it went on, though.

It was surprisingly level. Everyone for the most part was wary about the pick and everyone was upset about the trade up except CBears and who knows where his loyalties lie at this point

Interesting history.  

I found some of mine.  

I thought they wouldn't take a QB because, I reasoned, Pace wasn't going to throw Fox and Fangio under the bus to be fired, but I was dead wrong.  I was right about them being fired for sure if Bears drafted a QB.  I just didn't think Pace would do that to them.   It also didn't make sense to me that you would let a high draft QB pick sit for a year under lame duck coaches.  Again wrong, not with reasoning, but with outcome.   So I didn't spend a lot of time on the QBs.  I was looking at Jamal Adams versus Lattimore.  

When pick happened I immediately thought Pace got robbed by 49ers because they had no interest in MT, but as others pointed out they feared someone else. 

I would say majority of people wanted Watson.   Mahomes and Kizer came up quite a bit too.   MT was definitely discussed quite a bit and some didn't like him.  Biggest complaint was lack of starts, which was oft discussed in media too.  

In terms of NFL rumors and news MT was number one QB on a lot of GM boards.  The Shefters and Rapports of the world basically confirmed that.  

From listening to several Nagy and Reid interviews and reading between lines of what they were willing to say, I believe, they had MT number one and Mahomes number two and Watson number 3.

I believe Cleveland had MT number one and thought they could get him and Garrett with a trade.  So lets not act like whole world thought MT was going to be a bum and Pace was an idiot on an island liking MT.   

I couldn't find it, but I know I recall I looked at him at MT sometime in winter and wrote a long detailed post about him having both a high ceiling and very low floor.  I said he couldn't read defenses and was going to be a project.  I said if you started him in first year you probably wouldn't win but a few games or maybe none.  But I still thought he was good thrower of the rock.    

Once Bears did draft him, I recall being an advocate of playing him right away and giving him all the practice reps.  Instead he watched Glennon try to learn the offense all offseason which infuriated me to no end.   I still don't like the sit a QB theory.  I don't care that it worked with Mahomes and Rodgers.  I think you get better faster with reps not watching.  

As far as defending the pick once made.  That's just what fans do until it blows up.  What else can you do?

28 minutes ago, Tyty said:

It was surprisingly level. Everyone for the most part was wary about the pick and everyone was upset about the trade up except CBears and who knows where his loyalties lie at this point

You said Mahomes was going to be worst QB in history of football.