Bears to decline Trub's 5th year option

malagabears

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

When was Trubisky better than "okay?" Take away 2 quarters of the Bucs game in 2018 and he had 18 touchdowns and 12 INT that year. That's not better than okay in today's day and age, that's below average. Last year he flat out stunk.

You said he's NEVER been "okay". 

Should I quote what you posted, so that you can see it again? 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Bears Fans hyperbole, it's annoying sometimes.

Kid was a Pro Bowl alternate his 2nd year in this system, but he's "never been okay".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Correct. For an entire season, he's never been okay. By the standard you're setting where apparently a couple completions counts as "okay" Caleb Hanie was okay in the NFCCG because he completed a pass here and there. Rex was "okay" vs Arizona in 2006, too.

No one is debating he's had good games, but he a PB QB in 2018 because of the 12-4 record thanks in laaarge part to the defense. 

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Bears Fans hyperbole, it's annoying sometimes.

Kid was a Pro Bowl alternate his 2nd year in this system, but he's "never been okay".

Back to the Pro Bowl argument huh?

Again take out his 2.5 quarters vs Tampa and try to explain why he went to the almighty Pro Bowl.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Correct. For an entire season, he's never been okay. By the standard you're setting where apparently a couple completions counts as "okay" Caleb Hanie was okay in the NFCCG because he completed a pass here and there. Rex was "okay" vs Arizona in 2006, too.

No one is debating he's had good games, but he a PB QB in 2018 because of the 12-4 record thanks in laaarge part to the defense. 

Yeah, think how many TO's the d had and how many short fields Trubs had to work with... What did he do with it? Basically nothing.

1 minute ago, The_Romen said:

Yeah, think how many TO's the d had and how many short fields Trubs had to work with... What did he do with it? Basically nothing.

24 passing touchdowns (6 in 1 game) in 14 games dude. In 2018's passing league. And he wEnT tO ThE pRo BoWl

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Back to the Pro Bowl argument huh?

Again take out his 2.5 quarters vs Tampa and try to explain why he went to the almighty Pro Bowl.

It's not a Pro Bowl argument. It's semantics. To say Trubisky has "never been okay" is patently false.

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

They're still paying Mitch a lot, whether he sit or starts, so I'm pretty sure Bridgewater would be out their price range. 

I was down on Winston and Newton because I think they're both head cases. And that's not at all what we need right now. Newton's just said he's not signing anywhere if he isn't the starter. That's...messed up...at best

I'm actually not bothered by that part. The way I see it, Cam's story is different from guys like Tanny, Bridgewater or Winston. He's proven it. We know he's got it. The question is whether he is (or can be) healthy again.

It is very much possible that time away from the game will actually get him back to where he wants to be, which is starting, faster. I can't fault the guy for being honest about what he wants.

On the other hand, a guy like Winston needs to show he can be coached up to limit the turnovers, or that he could succeed in a different environment/team/scheme than TB. That's the kind of thing you need to show in live games.

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

It's not a Pro Bowl argument. It's semantics. To say Trubisky has "never been okay" is patently false.

Well you're right, it is not, but you continue to come back to the Pro Bowl thing to defend him. He's been in the league for 3 years, been below average for it, the team had to go out and sign another below average QB in hopes he'll rekindle one of his rare good moments, and just got his 5th year option declined as a #2 overall pick. Those things don't happen to good players, but hey, Pro Bowl and Bucs game!!

But hey, if only someone would tell the people in charge at Halas Hall that he made the Pro Bowl once. Can't believe they rescinded that option. SMH

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

@Heinz D. this is called "moving the goalpost".

He never qualified his statement with a time frame. You (and others) came up with your own, and then attacked it.

My opinion of Trubisky is as low as anyone you will find on this board and even I would have disagreed with "he's never been okay for any amount of time."

It's perfectly fine for him to clarify his statement, which is what you should have people do in the first place, or that's called a straw man.

Trubs has made good plays, had good games and been a good person. He's not a game changer. He's not the guy that players in the locker room look up to. I like him and if they decide to keep him, I'll root for him and hope he gets better... But it's a what have you done for me league, and he's done next to nothing. Maybe this is the year, we're all hoping that... But don't get your hopes up.

• Like 1

Just now, ForteOz said:

He never qualified his statement with a time frame. You (and others) came up with your own, and then attacked it.

My opinion of Trubisky is as low as anyone you will find on this board and even I would have disagreed with "he's never been okay for any amount of time."

It's perfectly fine for him to clarify his statement, which is what you should have people do in the first place, or that's called a straw man.

That's hilarious, we "attacked" his claim that Trubisky has "never been okay' and he's the one that then qualified it with in a season.

I don't really care what anyone's opinion is on Trubisky, it's the hyperbole bull**** that gets old in this city.

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

And you talk about hyperbole...

I am not the one that said he's never been okay. Don't try to duck out from under that. Words have meaning, be clear :)

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

you continue to come back to the Pro Bowl thing to defend him

I continue to come back to the Pro Bowl thing to defend him?

Can you tell me that last time I did that? Or the time before that? This is news to me as a defense to him.