Bears to decline Trub's 5th year option

malagabears

12 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I...guess? They may have one now...but--whatever?

Well, no, that doesn't prove that at all. 

But, is there a point, there? 

Umm, okay?

And? 

1. They don’t. They might have an adequate starter. 

2. The point is that the thing we need to be the Seahawks is the one thing this franchise hasn’t been able to do in 50 years.

It is also the GMs biggest personnel failure to date.

3. The point is that Schnieder may have been lucky or good, but he answered the most important question correctly, which is all that matters.

Edited by WindyCity

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Then I would love to see your list with a detailed reasons as to why then.

You're too focused on the QB position that it's blinding you from the fact that the GM's job is more than one position.

And what's the percentage of these of good GM's vs the field? I'll wait.

It is the most important position in the game and professional sports and has been the Bears franchise biggest weakness for as long as I can remember. This franchise is a running joke when it comes to the most important position in the game.

So, yes I am very focused on the QB position.

I am not sure what you mean about the percentages? Percentage in terms of hitting on highly drafted QBs? 

Edited by WindyCity

Just now, WindyCity said:

It is the most important position in the game and professional sports and has been the Bears franchise biggest weakness for as long as I can remember. This franchise is a running joke when it comes to the most important position in the game.

So, yes I am very focused on the QB position.

I am not sure what you mean about the percentages? Percentage in terms of hitting on highly drafted QBs? 

Trust me. I'm just as frustrated as you are that we have had ~40 starting QB's in the last 35 years but I also recognize that it's not the ONLY job of a GM either.   

A GM's job is build a TEAM. 

The precentage of GM's that you consider "good" vs "average or bad" over a course of time. 

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Trust me. I'm just as frustrated as you are that we have had ~40 starting QB's in the last 35 years but I also recognize that it's not the ONLY job of a GM either.   

A GM's job is build a TEAM. 

The precentage of GM's that you consider "good" vs "average or bad" over a course of time. 

You can build a great team, but history shows us that without a good QB you are not winning a Super Bowl.

Foles, Flacco, Johnson, Dilfer, are the only mediocre QBs in the past 20 years to win a Super Bowl.

The QB matters more than anything else. If you cannot address the position you are treading water.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Good luck BTW. Becuase with someone as high of standards as yours you are going to be left with a VERY low percentage. 

FYI---I've already done this research in the past. 

My standards are not that high. I expect they will be 50/50 in the draft. I expect a lot of wasted free agent money.

1. Can you address the QB position?

2. Does your team consistently compete? Not constantly compete but consistently.

3. Do you draft slightly better than the 50/50 mark?

I think Pace does 1/3. I think he drafts slightly better than average.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You can build a great team, but history shows us that without a good QB you are not winning a Super Bowl.

Foles, Flacco, Johnson, Dilfer, are the only mediocre QBs in the past 20 years to win a Super Bowl.

The QB matters more than anything else. If you cannot address the position you are treading water.

Your definition of mediocre is subjective. 

So what you are saying is that aGM is only as good as his QB?

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

My standards are not that high. I expect they will be 50/50 in the draft. I expect a lot of wasted free agent money.

1. Can you address the QB position?

2. Does your team consistently compete? Not constantly compete but consistently.

3. Do you draft slightly better than the 50/50 mark?

I think Pace does 1/3. I think he drafts slightly better than average.

2/3. I have already addressed the "Pace has bad drafts" in the past on here.  

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Your definition of mediocre is subjective. 

So what you are saying is that aGM is only as good as his QB?

Please feel free to add a name to the list. Most of them are headed for the HOF.

A GM is only as good as his results and those are heavily influenced by the QB.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

That's not up to me to support your argument.

The other QBs that have won Superbowls in that time

Brady

Wilson

Mahomes

Brees

Manning

E Manning

Roethlisberger

Rodgers

Did I really need to write out that list for you?

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

IIRC. We have lost ONE game by more than 1 score in the last 2 years. THAT"s competing. 

Competing for Championships. 

We have made the playoffs once. I may change that assessment point for Pace if he gets back to the playoffs, but at this point there is nothing consistent about the Bears competing to win a Super Bowl.

Edited by WindyCity