Andy Dalton signs 1 year deal with the Dallas Cowboys

.Buzz

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Idk about that. No one seems to be throwing money at qbs this year. Not many opening. Can’t see many more next year either especially with the draft brining in even qbs that won’t cost much. 

I do think someone will be willing to trade for him. He's super young with theoretically his best years ahead of him. So I doubt we let him just walk. But then again I thought that about Quinn, Murray and Jones.....so.

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I do think someone will be willing to trade for him. He's super young with theoretically his best years ahead of him. So I doubt we let him just walk. But then again I thought that about Quinn, Murray and Jones.....so.

Dallas to trade Dak? What would they get? a 1&3? Who would be the buyer?

I think this is a smart signing. Their backup situation was pathetic. Dak has a vet QB in the room now. This also will light a bit of a fire under him. I think even knowing he is the guy doesn't mean he doesn't feel a bit of competition (see Wentz in Philly) and that tends to work well for these young guys. 

They signed Dalton for silly cheap. If anything they can use him as trade bait midseason or hope he signs elsewhere next year and get a comp pick. 

Either way it is a winning situation for the Cowboys.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

thanks for that, you are a real football savant. 

who is that though? New England wont pony up the picks. 

Nearly everybody else has their guy to some extent. 

Well it's gonna be next year before we see anything develop so who knows. NE for all we know may pony up picks if they miss out on Trevor and Fields. Might be NO, might be LV, dunno. But Dak is an appealing prospect for trade and he checks all the boxes for a premier trade. 

• Like 1

I actually totally get this, he is a Texas guy so he is just moving home and making 7 milli

Cowboys are now fully insured with all Dak negotiations

Even if things go smoothly, I like Dalton in the QB room with Prescott, any injury more than capable of starting a game or 2

I think the Bears have Foles for like 9 mil so 7 mil is a better bargain for arguably a better QB. 

Just an overall good signing. Starting spots are kind of closed up and he got one of the better backup jobs out there. You can say Jacksonville or NE but lets be real. Was Andy Dalton really trying to be the heir apparent to Tom Brady?? Or send Jacksonville over the top?? He aint that kind of dog

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Good signing. 

I have no problem with any team signing a quality backup qb. Especially if it stops him going to the patriots.

Its a copycat league.....kind of surprised more teams arent running with that super quality backup model form Philly.

Like is Buffalo just calling it a year if Josh Allen goes down?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well it's gonna be next year before we see anything develop so who knows. NE for all we know may pony up picks if they miss out on Trevor and Fields. Might be NO, might be LV, dunno. But Dak is an appealing prospect for trade and he checks all the boxes for a premier trade. 

I'd be well up for having Dak here, but we can't make any moves this year. We are, as Ice-T succintly put it, broke-a55!

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

and ruin their tank?

dalton might get them to 6-10 or god forbid 7-9

Why would BB tank? So people could turn around and say "you could only do it with TB!"? Not happening. 

We may be genuinly bad and only win 6 on validity, but no way we purposely lose.

• Like 1