Andy Dalton signs 1 year deal with the Dallas Cowboys

.Buzz

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Idk about that. No one seems to be throwing money at qbs this year. Not many opening. Can’t see many more next year either especially with the draft brining in even qbs that won’t cost much. 

Brady (TB), Rivers (IND), Ben (PIT), and Brees (NO) could all be retired by FA of next year. Now, add in teams that are currently trying to figure out if their guy is the guy (Bears, Jets, Raiders, NE, Broncos, Jaguars, Bills, SF, Browns, etc.). If Dak has a good year, he'll have options. This off-season was an odd one because there were a ton of fringe starters on the market, the old guys largely refused to retire, and a bunch of teams are still waiting on uncertain young QBs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I mean, Dak could always just play out the year and walk in FA. As long as he plays well, somebody desperate for a QB will pay him big money.

Kirk Cousins and his agent are happy campers.
Two Franchise Tags from WA then cashing in?

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Stunning that he didn’t go to NE

No one in NE wanted him, including BB. Belichick wants to see what we have in Stidham, and so do the fans. No point in wasting time playing a veteran QB we already know isn't going to get us anywhere. Rather we take our chances with Stidham... he could be great and be our QB for the next 15+ years... or he could suck and in that case we aim for a top QB in next years draft.

As for Dallas... this is clearly Jones sending Dak a message, and not just them wanting to get a quality backup QB. If Dak doesn't play ball, Dalton will be their starter next year... or this year if things get ugly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

As for Dallas... this is clearly Jones sending Dak a message, and not just them wanting to get a quality backup QB. If Dak doesn't play ball, Dalton will be their starter next year... or this year if things get ugly.

Dalton's signing a 1-yr deal. This is us wanting to get a quality backup QB behind Dak. Cooper Rush doesn't exactly inspire confidence in anybody should Dak go down for an extended period of time. 

• Like 1

Dallas is a few hours from where Andy grew up in Katy, so it’s a nice homecoming for him.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with Dak. I can’t imagine Dalton would want to uproot his family again in a year to start elsewhere. Maybe he’s knows something we don’t. Or maybe he’s planning on starting for Houston once Bob ships Watson for a few picks @ET80.

• Like 4

Smart signing by Dallas with the whole Dak situation. Now there’s a bit of a backup plan and takes a bit of the leverage away from him. 

as for Andy, I’m sure he wanted to return home to Texas so I’m happy for him and his family. 

7 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Or maybe he’s planning on starting for Houston once Bob ships Watson for a few picks @ET80.

Then Dalton can beat the Bengals in the playoffs! That should be fun.

(I'm going full heel turn, it's all part of the act. You know I love you...)

• Like 3