Andy Dalton now a Cowboy

5x10

Dalton is a quality backup.  Nice insurance policy.  He will be another set of eyes for Dak.  Yes Dak is our QB.  No controversy for me.  I for one don't want a revolving door at QB.  Does anyone really know what Dak has been offered contract wise?

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Then I’ll say it for you. He is. Dak isn’t great, neither is Andy. They are pretty interchangeable 

No im sorry that’s just blatant hate. I’m not saying Dak is Tom Brady but I’m not gonna sit here and compare two players that aren’t in the same league. Last year was Daks best year and and even before that was still better than Dalton. Don’t make this about a QB controversy that doesn’t exist. If they truly thought this contract wasn’t going to go they would have signed Dalton to a longer insurance deal and they didn’t. All this will be is a quality back up in case of injury. Nothing more nothing less. Rest easy haters. 

I am convinced Cowboy fans just enjoy being difficult for sport.

Romo, despite being an UDFA who shattered franchise records got hate.

Dak, despite being a 4th rounder, leads a top offensive unit gets hate.

I have a strange feeling that we could have Brady and his rings and people would lose their minds to losing to the Giants. Amazing. Exhausting, but amazing. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am convinced Cowboy fans just enjoy being difficult for sport.

Romo, despite being an UDFA who shattered franchise records got hate.

Dak, despite being a 4th rounder, leads a top offensive unit gets hate.

I have a strange feeling that we could have Brady and his rings and people would lose their minds to losing to the Giants. Amazing. Exhausting, but amazing. 

If Dak threw for 5,000 yards, 40 TD, and won the Super Bowl this year, we would still have posters on here who would throw Dak shade. For sure.

• Like 1

I saw someone on Twitter saying something to the effect "Dalton had his best years with Mohamed Sanu and AJ Green, imagine what he could do with Amari Cooper and Ceedee Lamb"

You know, because Amari Cooper and Ceedee Lamb are infinity times better than that bum AJ Green

26 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

No im sorry that’s just blatant hate. I’m not saying Dak is Tom Brady but I’m not gonna sit here and compare two players that aren’t in the same league. Last year was Daks best year and and even before that was still better than Dalton. Don’t make this about a QB controversy that doesn’t exist. If they truly thought this contract wasn’t going to go they would have signed Dalton to a longer insurance deal and they didn’t. All this will be is a quality back up in case of injury. Nothing more nothing less. Rest easy haters. 

Oh I don’t think there will be a QB controversy, I just said I don’t think it’s wise to pay Dak what he wants when Dalton is now on the team and the step down in production would be very small  at best. 

Love this move by Dallas, I do think Dak is better but not by leaps and bounds. Dalton had AJ Green but never this assortment of talent on the offensive side. If Dak holds out (which I don't see him turning down the franchise tag) this could be an amazing opportunity for Dalton. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I saw someone on Twitter saying something to the effect "Dalton had his best years with Mohamed Sanu and AJ Green, imagine what he could do with Amari Cooper and Ceedee Lamb"

You know, because Amari Cooper and Ceedee Lamb are infinity times better than that bum AJ Green

I would say AJ is the best when healthy of all the receivers.

But in no way was the overall offensive talent better in Cincy than what we have.

We have a better collection of receivers, run game is significantly better and our oline is just leaps and bounds better than Cincy.

Not saying Dalton is better than Dak at all. But to believe Dalton shouldnt be better here than he was in Cincy given the pieces is just foolish.

Edited by CAPJ
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Oh I don’t think there will be a QB controversy, I just said I don’t think it’s wise to pay Dak what he wants when Dalton is now on the team and the step down in production would be very small  at best. 

Lol, you are ridiculous, man. Dak is 27, coming off a 4,900, 30TD, 11 INT season.

Even if Dalton matched his best numbers in a season ever, the step down in production would be more than “very small”. But he’ll be 33 this season and hasn’t be an average starter since at least 2017.

This take is so ridiculous I shouldn’t even engage. But alas, I can’t help it.

3 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I would say AJ is the best when healthy of all the receivers.

But in no way was the overall offensive talent better in Cincy than what we have.

We have a better collection of receivers, run game is significantly better and our oline is just leaps and bounds better than Cincy.

Not saying Dalton is better than Dak at all. But to believe Dalton shouldnt be better here than he was in Cincy given the pieces is just foolish.

Go back and take a look at the Bengals' depth charts 2012-15. You will find this is not true.

Dalton had Green, Sanu, Marvin Jones, Tyler Eifert, Bernard and Hill, good-to-elite offensive lines and *get this* really good defenses! Their roster talent outside of the QB position was better than ours on average over the course of the last four years. I wouldn't even call it that close, tbh. Ours benefits from the inflated perception of being the Cowboys, and the Bengals are the polar opposite. We can retrofit the bold to be true because who's going to care enough to refute it? If the Cincinnati Bengals had the most talented team in football in any given year, did it make a sound?

MajorDefiniteBee-size_restricted.gif

And now get this guy!

BREAKING: The Cincinnati Bengals have had a WAY better roster than the Dallas Cowboys for years!!

You guys are to much. This was mentioned as a possibility in the news and notes thread and it was scoffed at. The same people laughing in the other thread have been saying on FF.com how “Dak is days from signing” for over a calendar year. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 2