Andy Dalton now a Cowboy

5x10

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

That's fair, I'm just saying the precedent for that is based on him succeeding with a loaded supporting cast in Cincy five years ago, and not just something we can extrapolate from how he's looked since then. The idea that "he's never had this kind of talent around him before" that some will push because they want Dak to be gone/fail is bogus

I wouldnt say loaded. He had some good pieces. An ok line. His running game was ok but again no one that was afraid of their RBs.

If Lamb is anything close to what we believe he can be, our receivers are significantly better. I rather take Gallup and Lamb as 2nd and 3rd options than Sanu and Jones.

For the record I do think Dak is better than Dalton.

• Like 1

I think Dalton can do just fine reading the D in the 11 formation.  Play action heavy.  They go heavy or bring up the safety you throw it.  Otherwise pound the crap out of the ball, and I am fine with him at $3-$7mil.

Edited by SweetFancyMoses
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am convinced Cowboy fans just enjoy being difficult for sport.

Romo, despite being an UDFA who shattered franchise records got hate.

Dak, despite being a 4th rounder, leads a top offensive unit gets hate.

I have a strange feeling that we could have Brady and his rings and people would lose their minds to losing to the Giants. Amazing. Exhausting, but amazing. 

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If Dak threw for 5,000 yards, 40 TD, and won the Super Bowl this year, we would still have posters on here who would throw Dak shade. For sure.

These statements aren’t true and you know it. So stop with the hyperbole. Stick to your “fanhood of logic and critical thinking” because this is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

These statements aren’t true and you know it. So stop with the hyperbole. Stick to your “fanhood of logic and critical thinking” because this is ridiculous. 

The only quarterback to win more games over the last 4 years than Dak Prescott is Tom Brady, and he was quite close to matching the stats I made in my post.

Yet there are literally people who want him gone forever and to roll with Andy Dalton.

I sincerely don’t believe it to be hyperbolic to say that a Super Bowl win would not be enough to completely win over some fans. Every conversation would include qualifications about his supporting staff or coaching staff. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Are we reading the same thread? 

Theres been like 100 post between this thread and NFL Gen that are all saying we should just move on from Dak to Dalton.

The general thread is full of trolls who hate the Cowboys not sure why you even bother going there. Most fans here want Dak signed to a reasonable deal not a break the bank deal which will make him the highest paid qb in the league which would put the Cowboys in a salary cap bind. Jerry gave in to the public and media pressure to sign Zeke. Let’s see if he does again. 

36 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Lol yes...they are. People hated Tony while he was here. Now they hate Dak. Cowboys fans are spoiled and think in order to be a great QB you have to win a Super Bowl every year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Zeke also averaged 4.1 YPC one year. There's little merit to supporting cast arguments in general, but ranking RBs is a matter of fantasy football and has nothing to do with winning games

You'd take our *current* receivers over those guys but they haven't played yet. Green, Sanu and Jones at their peak had a case for best WR trio, those guys fit perfectly together

4.1 with how many attempts, Matt? Ben Jarvis Ellis was the lead back. 

...and you really really really want to have the WR debate?

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

and you really really really want to have the WR debate?

No, because anyone that thinks AJ Green, Mohamed Sanu, and Marvin Jones as a trio can't hold a candle to any WR group Dak has *actually played with* doesn't know their ****

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

Lol yes...they are. People hated Tony while he was here. Now they hate Dak. Cowboys fans are spoiled and think in order to be a great QB you have to win a Super Bowl every year.

No... they aren’t...

The statements say we would hate our QB if he won the SB. Or did it 5 times.

thats bs

Romo got hate and so does Dak. Neither has made it past round 1 or 2. Neither won the SB but some act like they do every year

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

No... they aren’t...

The statements say we would hate our QB if he won the SB. Or did it 5 times.

thats bs

Romo got hate and so does Dak. Neither has made it past round 1 or 2. Neither won the SB but some act like they do every year

What I get tired of seeing are the comments that he is a bad QB. That just isn't true. People are still hung up on that down year he had in 2018 and can't look passed the fact he improved massively last year. We ended up going 8-8 because our defense regressed and we still had JG as our HC. 

He's worth giving an extension too. The cap doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if we give him $35MM or $40MM. Just stop. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

No, because anyone that thinks AJ Green, Mohamed Sanu, and Marvin Jones as a trio can't hold a candle to any WR group Dak has *actually played with* doesn't know their ****

Even if I thought they could hold a candle ...

did they have Tyron Smith, Travis Fredbeard, Zack Martin, La’El Collins, a HOF TE, Ezekiel Elliott type decoys? No. They weren’t holding candles 

39 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

You have people wanting to kick the young franchise QB to the curb for 33 year old Andy Dalton because he's cheaper - and you think we are being ridiculous? 

Have you met how irrational some fans are? JUST in this thread, here are some fun comments:

Dak can hold out for the rest of his life for all I care now

...which is interesting, because you liked this. But it is perfectly rational to not care if Dak holds out. True story. 

Dak has shown no more ability to win the big one then Dalton has. So roll with Dalton. 

This is what we call the Romo argument. "But he can't win when it counts!!>!>!>!" Perfectly rational and not at all ridiculous, you are right.

If you poll everyone here and asked if you would know benching Dak would promise you a SB win, every single person here would be down for the cause. No one's loyalty or love runs deeper than victory. The amount of eye-rolling some of the absurd comments cause is high. I have often remarked we could have the Hoodie as our Head Coach and people with ***** and moan that our drafts suck. Some of you seemingly are impossible to please. 

Dalton makes this team better. Should Dak miss any time, we have a veteran. It also means that when we have training camp, we have a reliable arm for the other units as well - that is immensely valuable. And all for a cool 3 million. This is a home-run signing. ...and yet you give some people an inch and they demand a mile. lol

• Like 3

Just now, D82 said:

What I get tired of seeing are the comments that he is a bad QB. That just isn't true. People are still hung up on that down year he had in 2018 and can't look passed the fact he improved massively last year. We ended up going 8-8 because our defense regressed and we still had JG as our HC. 

Dak trucking LBs as he plods down the field really cocas my cola. He was pretty tremendous in 2019. I, as you know, was one of his biggest haters. I have changed my mind. He is good. 

I don’t know what he’s asking for though

• Like 1