Andy Dalton now a Cowboy

5x10

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

None of them will lose money. They may just not make as much. 

Lol that is losing money if your not making as much profit. Why do you think Goodell took no salary this season? Who does Goodell work for? Come on man use a little common sense. 

Edited by cromagnum
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Lol that is losing money if your not making as much profit. What do you think Goodell took no salary this season? Who does Goodell work for? Come on man use a little common sense. 

I mean, words have meaning. Profits dropping =/= losing money. When a company reports its quarterlies:

Projected: $100m 

Earned: $50m 

is different than

Loss: $50m

And I think Goodell did it for publicity and to secure his next contract. 

Edited by Matts4313

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean, words have meaning. Profits dropping =/= losing money. When a company reports its quarterlies:

Earned: $50m 

is different than

Loss: $50m

And I think Goodell did it for publicity and to secure his next contract. 

Well yes this is what I’m talking about the nfl is still going to make money but not nearly as much as projected because of Coronavirus. Now the nfl is lucky that they are in a position of wait and see approach as nobody is sure what is going to happen in a few months. The nba nhl mlb not so much as  Corona has interrupted there seasons and cost teams billions of dollars in revenue. The nba and nhl salary caps will most likely go down. If the nfl loses a lot of revenue as well there salary cap will certainly be affected as well. 

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

So I was thinking about all you short sighted goofballs and I have a question. Lets say you are right. We rescind the tag and roll with Dalton. Dalton plays well. Lets say he wins the division; and hell lets say he wins a playoff game. So the year ends:

Do you franchise Dalton for $35m?

Do you give Dalton a ~$30m/yr contract? 

Do cut Dalton and sign Nathan Peterman because he is cheap?

Whats your long term plan?

If Dalton plays well then offer him 20-25per with some term. If he wants to walk (walk to where? WHO needs a QB next year?) then sign Tyrod Taylor for cheap. He is what Dak would be if Dak played for the crappy Bills and Browns for those years. Ironically, he still has a better TD/INT ratio despite that

Bridgewater played well and got 22 million. That's Daltons future price tag if he has a solid season, division, playoff game, etc

I suspect Andy would be SMART, look around and see the opportunity here and be quick to sign up for more of it. 

Dak would have lots of opportunity to pad his garbage time stats in Jacksonville playing for a loser like Bortles used to

39 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

If Dalton plays well then offer him 20-25per with some term.

LOL. Rumors where he was offered over $20m THIS year. You are talking $25m+ next year. Stop living in lala land

If he wants to walk (walk to where? WHO needs a QB next year?)

Literally ~25% of the league. Cowboys would, along with Pats, Jags, possibly TB, Saints, Maybe Jets, Steelers, Titans, Raiders, Broncos, Colts, Skins, Bears... All possible

then sign Tyrod Taylor for cheap. He is what Dak would be if Dak played for the crappy Bills and Browns for those years. Ironically, he still has a better TD/INT ratio despite that

lmao... Lets just keep downgrading year after year. Why not just sign a FB to play QB and run the wildcat?

Bridgewater played well and got 22 million. That's Daltons future price tag if he has a solid season, division, playoff game, etc

I suspect Andy would be SMART, look around and see the opportunity here and be quick to sign up for more of it. 

Dak would have lots of opportunity to pad his garbage time stats in Jacksonville playing for a loser like Bortles used to

Dude, there are Pats fans salivating that Dak holds out. They will have $100m next year and they want him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

LOL. Rumors where he was offered over $20m THIS year. You are talking $25m+ next year. Stop living in lala land

Literally ~25% of the league. Cowboys would, along with Pats, Jags, possibly TB, Saints, Maybe Jets, Steelers, Titans, Raiders, Broncos, Colts, Skins, Bears... All possible

lmao... Lets just keep downgrading year after year. Why not just sign a FB to play QB and run the wildcat?

Dude, there are Pats fans salivating that Dak holds out. They will have $100m next year and they want him. 

Who offered Dalton $20 million?, Rumors are Rumors for a reason

Pats Fans want him or Belichick wants him?, because there's a difference there...

BB aint paying a QB 35m +

Edited by TheGame316

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Pats arent paying 35 per, Jags are drafting Lawrence or Fields, Payton is oozing at the thought of Taysom at QB, If the Jets want Dak, I'll take Darnold, Titans have Tannehill locked up, If the Skins are terrible again they will have Fields or Lawrence

Steelers, Broncos, Bears, Colts and theoretically Dak will be on the Market

Raiders mean Carr is available, Cam will be available, Jameis will be available, Brisett and Tyrod Taylor still available

But the point about Dalton remains, if he was smart enough to turn down your rumoured "20 Million" from a craphouse team to back up up for 3 million, he is a big picture thinker. If he had a good situation in Dallas, he isn't going to turn it down for a few extra million on a different craphouse team 

23 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Pats Fans want him or Belichick wants him?, because there's a difference there...

what does six time super bowl winning head coach bill belichick have on the game three sixteen's football acumen though

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

what does six time super bowl winning head coach bill belichick have on the game three sixteen's football acumen though

Show me a clip of Bil NOT being complimentary ot another teams player, let alone their QB?

BB doesn't give Bulletin Board material

"Hey Bill, What do you think of (insert QB or other teams player here)?"

"I think he's suspect. Limited in a lot of ways. We're going to exploit them and make him look terrible all game. Probably hold them to 10 points or less"

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Show me a clip of Bil NOT being complimentary ot another teams player, let alone their QB?

BB doesn't give Bulletin Board material

"Hey Bill, What do you think of (insert QB or other teams player here)?"

"I think he's suspect. Limited in a lot of ways. We're going to exploit them and make him look terrible all game. Probably hold them to 10 points or less"

Show me a clip of Belichick being that effusive towards a player that isn't a Hall of Famer (or punter)

Yeah of course he doesn't give "bulletin board material." He normally doesn't give anything unless he really respects said player

That game was a freaking monsoon, their team scored 13. Not that that matters to you

Edited by matt79511

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

Show me a clip of Belichick being that effusive towards a player that isn't a Hall of Famer (or punter)

Yeah of course he doesn't give "bulletin board material." He normally doesn't give anything unless he really respects said player

That game was a freaking monsoon, their team scored 13. Not that that matters to you

He is asking stupid questions anyways. its not like Billy B is going to tamper and be like "Yeah I am encouraging Dak to hold out". But clearly other teams value Dak.