Andy Dalton now a Cowboy

5x10

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Really? Because I really want a $40m a year player. Just one or two

Dak will be close to $40 million next year if Dak signs the franchise tag this year and no agreement is reached and both parties decide to go the franchise route again next year.  Somewhere in the range of $38 million. 

Kirk Cousins advised Dak that there are benefits to getting franchised.  You are gambling on yourself and if you perform the payday will come.

3 minutes ago, Northland said:

Dak will be close to $40 million next year if Dak signs the franchise tag this year and no agreement is reached and both parties decide to go the franchise route again next year.  Somewhere in the range of $38 million. 

Kirk Cousins advised Dak that there are benefits to getting franchised.  You are gambling on yourself and if you perform the payday will come.

31 Million this year and a team option at 38 Million next year (with the ability to transition tag to lower that number and to potentially trade or receive 2 1sts should he sign elsewhere?)

I'm in

Lets hope Dak is in too...

Edited by TheGame316
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

31 Million this year and a team option at 38 Million next year (with the ability to transition tag to lower that number and to potentially trade or receive 2 1sts should he sign elsewhere?)

I'm in

Lets hope Dak is in too...

If we allowed Dak to walk over two first rounders, I'd be torn. Sure we would have the ammo for Trevor Lawrence or someone perceived as the next big thing. Which could be super exciting!!! But giving up a known commodity that we know is still getting better since his starting point was SOOO raw, man, that's a risky proposition.  How many cant miss next big thing QBs bomb out? Far too many to give up a franchise caliber passer for the "CHANCE" to draft someone who may be better, but also may be far far worse. Too risky and too tough.

I love Lawrence's prospects of being a stud but what will team at the top want for him if they too seek a QB? And what if Lawrence ends up not being as good as or better than Dak, or a bust completely? The excitement of possibly getting the next Peyton or Joe with those picks is fun to fantasize about. But sometimes having the first Dak is the better option, and not gambling the franchise on an unknown commodity when you have a very good commodity already is how you build a winner. Reality is, we aren't talking about a mediocre at best guy like Winston or Mariota here. And this isn't a Favre to Rodgers to Love situation, or Maddox to Roethlisbeger situation either. This is a quality QB just coming into his prime and still growing in value and ability on a young team with a staff who knows how to use mobile young passers. 

Sometimes what excites our fancy isn't always what's best for us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

If we allowed Dak to walk over two first rounders, I'd be torn. Sure we would have the ammo for Trevor Lawrence or someone perceived as the next big thing. Which could be super exciting!!! But giving up a known commodity that we know is still getting better since his starting point was SOOO raw, man, that's a risky proposition.  How many cant miss next big thing QBs bomb out? Far too many to give up a franchise caliber passer for the "CHANCE" to draft someone who may be better, but also may be far far worse. Too risky and too tough.

I love Lawrence's prospects of being a stud but what will team at the top want for him if they too seek a QB? And what if Lawrence ends up not being as good as or better than Dak, or a bust completely? The excitement of possibly getting the next Peyton or Joe with those picks is fun to fantasize about. But sometimes having the first Dak is the better option, and not gambling the franchise on an unknown commodity when you have a very good commodity already is how you build a winner. Reality is, we aren't talking about a mediocre at best guy like Winston or Mariota here. And this isn't a Favre to Rodgers to Love situation, or Maddox to Roethlisbeger situation either. This is a quality QB just coming into his prime and still growing in value and ability on a young team with a staff who knows how to use mobile young passers. 

Sometimes what excites our fancy isn't always what's best for us 

I love Dak at 25 Million with a strong supporting cast around him. He'd be a really good value at that price range, It wouldn't stop me from looking for a successor though

Making him the Top Paid QB in the game, as he's still "learning and getting better" - No Thanks Dak

Call me when you're a finished product with a Superbowl ring and we'll talk about making you the highest paid player in NFL History

Until then..... He can get real

Just now, TheGame316 said:

I love Dak at 25 Million with a strong supporting cast around him. He'd be a really good value at that price range, It wouldn't stop me from looking for a successor though

Making him the Top Paid QB in the game, as he's still "learning and getting better" - No Thanks Dak

Call me when you're a finished product with a Superbowl ring and we'll talk about making you the highest paid player in NFL History

Until then..... He can get real

If you think he will be top paid QB for long, you are not paying attention to the business of the NFL. This is the way it is with QBs. Every franchise caliber guy resets the market every contract. And then the real deal generational players come and topple it. This is just the business of the NFL when it comes to QB contracts. Give it a year and Daks top QB money at 35 or even nearer to 40 will look like pennies to Mahomes, Watson, and their ilk. 

Dont be blind, or ignorant, to the business side of it. This is not Andy Dalton here, dont undersell how amazing he has been, or how quickly his contract will look like a good deal once the next set of passers get paid after him. 

6 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

If you think he will be top paid QB for long, you are not paying attention to the business of the NFL. This is the way it is with QBs. Every franchise caliber guy resets the market every contract. And then the real deal generational players come and topple it. This is just the business of the NFL when it comes to QB contracts. Give it a year and Daks top QB money at 35 or even nearer to 40 will look like pennies to Mahomes, Watson, and their ilk. 

Dont be blind, or ignorant, to the business side of it. This is not Andy Dalton here, dont undersell how amazing he has been, or how quickly his contract will look like a good deal once the next set of passers get paid after him. 

That's the debate though. As the contracts keep escalating I don't care if it looks like a good deal compared to Mahomes or Watson, etc

How will it look against Lawrence, or Fields, or Tua, or Hebert or whatever QB decides to ball out for the next 4-5 years while playing for peanuts?

And how will that team be able to leverage the capspace to surround whoever that guy is with talent that will give them a massive competitive advantage against us and all the other teams with 35-40 Million dollars invested in 1 position?

The Superbowl contenders and winners every year are just playing musical chairs with whatever young QB is playing above his paygrade and all the teams with big money QB's are being left standing

We had our go with Dak these past 4 years. We F'd up and didn't get it done. Thems the breaks

Edited by TheGame316

4 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

That's the debate though. As the contracts keep escalating I don't care if it looks like a good deal compared to Mahomes or Watson, etc

How will it look against Lawrence, or Fields, or Tua, or Hebert or whatever QB decides to ball out for the next 4-5 years while playing for peanuts?

And how will that team be able to leverage the capspace to surround whoever that guy is with talent that will give them a massive competitive advantage against us and all the other teams with 35-40 Million dollars invested in 1 position?

The Superbowl contenders and winners every year are just playing musical chairs with whatever young QB is playing above his paygrade and all the teams with big money QB's are being left standing

We had our go with Dak these past 4 years. We F'd up and didn't get it done. Thems the breaks

And Tua, herbert and the rest of those guys are playing for peanuts because they have not EARNED a cent beyond those peanuts. Dak has.

Just because these young passers in the draft look like they will be stars now doesnt mean they will ever come close to what Dak has done. Dak has earned that money. Tua and co. Have not.

And again, as has been stated, expecting to win on a rookie deal is a moot point. Silly. It takes 2 or 3 years fora QB to get the NFL mentally. Some faster, some slower, but still. And it's a moot point now, because the rookie deal is done. You want your franchise passer now you have to pay him. This roster, this D especially, didnt help Dak enough to elevate the team to a championship. Now he has to get paid. And you know what, 12% of the cap on your QB is not.a big deal when the majority of your team, 30 or more players, are late round guys, cheap FAs, and guys who's careers end in 4 years or less, and not at all your core guys. You can pay out 15% even to your top guy, pay out another 35% to the rest of your top roster, and still have 50% of the cap to pay guys making bottom dollar money. Even if you splurge, right, and pay our 20% to Dak, 40% to your next tier players, you still have 40% or even 30% of the cap to pay guys on rookie deals, vet minimums, and small scale contracts. 

I think you are worrying far too much about what Dak may make and overlooking how important he is to the team. You cannot easily replace him, he has earned the money, he is only getting g better, and expecting some rookie to come in and have a rookie year the way Dak himself  did is silly (to be nice about it). For every rookie year like Daks you have 10 rookie years like Peytons or Goffs and anywhere between. And for every Mahomes in the draft you have 10 Mariotas or Bradford's. 

And even if your peyton caliber rookie year of 28 picks ends up a hall of fame peyton manning, you have now wasted 2, 3, possibly even 4 years of a great young roster before that young passer is ready or capable of winning the big one. And dont say "but Mahomes but Mahomes!" Because he is a rarity and an exception, not the rational, logical, usual, commonality of the reality of the NFL world. This isn't madden.

33 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

And Tua, herbert and the rest of those guys are playing for peanuts because they have not EARNED a cent beyond those peanuts. Dak has.

Just because these young passers in the draft look like they will be stars now doesnt mean they will ever come close to what Dak has done. Dak has earned that money. Tua and co. Have not.

And again, as has been stated, expecting to win on a rookie deal is a moot point. Silly. It takes 2 or 3 years fora QB to get the NFL mentally. Some faster, some slower, but still. And it's a moot point now, because the rookie deal is done. You want your franchise passer now you have to pay him. This roster, this D especially, didnt help Dak enough to elevate the team to a championship. Now he has to get paid. And you know what, 12% of the cap on your QB is not.a big deal when the majority of your team, 30 or more players, are late round guys, cheap FAs, and guys who's careers end in 4 years or less, and not at all your core guys. You can pay out 15% even to your top guy, pay out another 35% to the rest of your top roster, and still have 50% of the cap to pay guys making bottom dollar money. Even if you splurge, right, and pay our 20% to Dak, 40% to your next tier players, you still have 40% or even 30% of the cap to pay guys on rookie deals, vet minimums, and small scale contracts. 

I think you are worrying far too much about what Dak may make and overlooking how important he is to the team. You cannot easily replace him, he has earned the money, he is only getting g better, and expecting some rookie to come in and have a rookie year the way Dak himself  did is silly (to be nice about it). For every rookie year like Daks you have 10 rookie years like Peytons or Goffs and anywhere between. And for every Mahomes in the draft you have 10 Mariotas or Bradford's. 

And even if your peyton caliber rookie year of 28 picks ends up a hall of fame peyton manning, you have now wasted 2, 3, possibly even 4 years of a great young roster before that young passer is ready or capable of winning the big one. And dont say "but Mahomes but Mahomes!" Because he is a rarity and an exception, not the rational, logical, usual, commonality of the reality of the NFL world. This isn't madden.

It's not that you expect any particular rookie/2nd year QB to excel, just know that one, or two or three of them will - That's been the trend

Right now its Watson and Mahomes and Jackson that have given their teams tremendous advantages over their competition. Before them it was Wilson, Goff, Dak, and Wentz. They will get paid and that advantage will go away, just like its gone away for the aforementioned group

But in the next crop of rookies, the guys taken this year and the guys taken next year. Count on it. 2 or 3 of them will blow up and if they are in the right situation, that team will have a massive advantage. They will be the next group of teams at the top of the league and in the Superbowl, then they will get paid and the cycle will continue

How much you've EARNED it has nothing to do with it. It's all about the level of play and how much that level of play is costing you. The less it costs you, the more you can surround it with and that in turn will further increase the level of play

Kansas City has had MVP level play at the most important position for a few million bucks. That isn't a huge advantage for KC when they go up against at team that has 30 million less to fill out the rest of it's roster because their QB makes 30 million more than Mahomes?

Edited by TheGame316

21 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

It's not that you expect any particular rookie/2nd year QB to excel, just know that one, or two or three of them will - That's been the trend

Right now its Watson and Mahomes and Jackson that have given their teams tremendous advantages over their competition. Before them it was Wilson, Goff, Dak, and Wentz. They will get paid and that advantage will go away, just like its gone away for the aforementioned group

But in the next crop of rookies, the guys taken this year and the guys taken next year. Count on it. 2 or 3 of them will blow up and if they are in the right situation, that team will have a massive advantage. They will be the next group of teams at the top of the league and in the Superbowl, then they will get paid and the cycle will continue

How much you've EARNED it has nothing to do with it. It's all about the level of play and how much that level of play is costing you. The less it costs you, the more you can surround it with and that in turn with further increase the level of play

Kansas City has had MVP level play at the most important position for a few million bucks. That isn't a huge advantage for KC when they go up against at team that has 30 million less to fill out the rest of it's roster because their QB makes 30 million more than Mahomes?

And Goff and Wentz's have flaked. Where is their future heading? Likely not on the same level as Dak.

Would you rather have a one year wonder or a long term success?

And dont forget mariota, winston, bradford, locker, rosen, and so many others. Daniel Jones even. I mean you'd be throwing away our veterans prime years on a you g passer that may NEVER be good. 

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this. I'm really not. But why, when I debate this point with people about known commodity vs trading off for unknown commodities via draft, do I envision the person I debate with as someone who plays way too much madden and probably learned much of what they know from such? Because the reality is nothing like how you are saying it.

There has been some success from younger passers the last few years, the league has been lucky. But the usual, typical outcome is not that. Buck Brooks once said you are more likely to win by drafting good players to work with your QB than you are drafting QBs you hope will be good. And it's TRUE. More true than anyone reading your posts would be led to believe.

You mentioned watson, goff, Wentz, lamar...what have they won? Wentz threw bombs and had an amazing D that gave him a lot of extra chances, and has never lived up to that expectation again. Goff was a gimmick that got exposed (rushing to the line and letting McVay call out the protections, identifications, motions etc in his headset before the cutoff). Lamar is a gimmick likely to be exposed too. Watson is the real deal but stranded on a team who cant draft well to help him. Mahomes is a once a decade+ kind of player, once a generation even. 

Dak, on the other hand, has been consistent, only gotten better, played very well, leads his team, is a model of good all around play, and has an arrow pointing to the sky as his limit and is on a good team who has generally been drafting well. Where as you seem to favor the one hit wonder star power, the true winners are the peytons. Bradys. Montana's. Big Ben's. The guys who play good for a long time. Like Dak has shown he should be able to do.

Stop thinking like this is madden. And dont let the excitement of a possibility override the actuality of what is.

OH and as for.mvp caliber play for a few million. You do realize Dak has been an mvp candidate this year for most of the season, a rookie of the year, and a candidate a couple years ago as well? Do you think he will just not ever be a candidate again?  

Edited by Dallas94Ware

28 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

How much you've EARNED it has nothing to do with it. It's all about the level of play and how much that level of play is costing you. The less it costs you, the more you can surround it with and that in turn will further increase the level of play

As for how much a contract allows you to build around that player...obviously you have not read my previous reply, and have little concept about how cap hits work. I'll explain a bit for a second time.

First off if the player is making 37 million in a year, between bonuses and signing bonus and guarantees and all the ways it can be STRUCTURED that 37 million can cost you a much smaller portioned hit on that years cap. 

So say Daks hit this year and next is 13% and 15% of the cap. Even at worse on a bad structure, 15 and 20. That still leaves 80 percent of the cap for the rest of the team. And then if you give half of that to the next tier of players not playing QB, you are still left 40% of the cap for late round picks, cheap vets, and middle tier vets on a second, inexpensive, contract. That is far more than enough to build a great roster.

Dak is not Dalton. He is not Mariota. He does not need 70million dollar players everywhere to be effective. We can afford the 15% cap hit on him because he IS one of our best, and he plays the most expensive position in the sport. 

With how you are sounding you are equating him in some stupid fashion as a guy like Tyrod Taylor or something. He is not. And signing him does not prevent us from paying other guys. It.may stop us from overpaying for OTHER TEAMS overpriced veterans like the Rams did, but that's not a wise way of building sustainability anyway. Would you rather make it to one NFC title game (and possibly win), or be able to make it to that title game and compete for that title game(and possibly win) every year for a decade? 

This isn't Marcus mariota here. And a 35 million year pay doesnt mean it all counts on that year cap. And 15 even 20 percent of the cap this year on one player still leaves 80 percent for the rest. And no rookie, 2nd year guy. Even 3rd year guy. Will be as valuable to this team as Dak is now, unless we are somehow getting Mahomes. And those one year wonder gimmick guys like Lamar, Wentz, Goff, none will build the sustained success Dak is in line for. And giving up a known value for something you hope will be more valuable, whilst simultaneously gambling away all your known veteran contracts in their prime years in that hope, may be how you do business in Madden where solid number overall ratings tell you if someone is good or not. But that is not how business is done in real life NFL.

Just now, Dallas94Ware said:

And Goff and Wentz's have flaked. Where is their future heading? Likely not on the same level as Dak.

Would you rather have a one year wonder or a long term success?

And dont forget mariota, winston, bradford, locker, rosen, and so many others. Daniel Jones even. I mean you'd be throwing away our veterans prime years on a you g passer that may NEVER be good. 

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this. I'm really not. But why, when I debate this point with people about known commodity vs trading off for unknown commodities via draft, do I envision the person I debate with as someone who plays way too much madden and probably learned much of what they know from such? Because the reality is nothing like how you are saying it.

There has been some success from younger passers the last few years, the league has been lucky. But the usual, typical outcome is not that. Buck Brooks once said you are more likely to win by drafting good players to work with your QB than you are drafting QBs you hope will be good. And it's TRUE. More true than anyone reading your posts would be led to believe.

You mentioned watson, goff, Wentz, lamar...what have they won? Wentz threw bombs and had an amazing D that gave him a lot of extra chances, and has never lived up to that expectation again. Goff was a gimmick that got exposed (rushing to the line and letting McVay call out the protections, identifications, motions etc in his headset before the cutoff). Lamar is a gimmick likely to be exposed too. Watson is the real deal but stranded on a team who cant draft well to help him. Mahomes is a once a decade+ kind of player, once a generation even. 

Dak, on the other hand, has been consistent, only gotten better, played very well, leads his team, is a model of good all around play, and has an arrow pointing to the sky as his limit and is on a good team who has generally been drafting well. Where as you seem to favor the one hit wonder star power, the true winners are the peytons. Bradys. Montana's. Big Ben's. The guys who play good for a long time. Like Dak has shown he should be able to do.

Stop thinking like this is madden. And dont let the excitement of a possibility override the actuality of what is.

Goff made it to a Superbowl, Wentz's team made it to a Superbowl. Both teams are now in the same boat as the Cowboys. Having to pay their QB's, but at least they got there

I've been over this for a million posts, and I'm sorry if you like "competitive 10-6 seasons" with a solid QB who makes 15% of your cap, where you're close but you end up getting beat by the next team that has a balls out guy on a rookie deal and has surrounded him with all the saved capspace at other positions

For the last 10 seasons, not the Superbowl winner, nor the Superbowl runner up has had sustained success (meaning Superbowl appearances and Wins) with a QB that they have paid top dollar to. It's been guys on Rookie deals (Wilson x 2, Mahomes, Flacco, Goff, Wentz/Foles, Kaepernick, guys playing below market value (Brady x 5) , or guys making big money who's teams were 1 and done after they started losing players due to the cap (Ryan, Newton). The lone exception was (Peyton Manning x 2) who was the final piece to an already loaded roster that also fell of the map but did actually win the game when Manning was merely a game manager, because the roster around him was that good. That team burned hot for 3 seasons before they were cap strapped from fitting in Mannings contract with all the other guys that had to get paid

The jury is out on Jimmy G making 27 Million riding an underpaid defense

Eli Manning won making 11% of his teams cap but that was a 9-7 team that got hot with unreal DLine play.

Which category does Dak fit into?

-His window is over for the Rookie Contract

-He doesn't want a below Market deal like Brady

-We don't have a balls out underpaid defence like the 49ers had with JimmyG and that was only 27 Million

-Are we a loaded roster that is 1 piece away? Is Dak our Peyton Manning?

-We banking on 1 unbelievable run like Eli, or are we hoping for the 1 shot and done route the Falcons and Panthers had?

I'm not saying we can draft and new guy and plug him in there and he's going to be Mahomes 2.0 (or even Dak 2.0) but it isn't working out for any other team that has paid "Their guy".. Not in the last decade anyways

-

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

As for how much a contract allows you to build around that player...obviously you have not read my previous reply, and have little concept about how cap hits work. I'll explain a bit for a second time.

First off if the player is making 37 million in a year, between bonuses and signing bonus and guarantees and all the ways it can be STRUCTURED that 37 million can cost you a much smaller portioned hit on that years cap. 

So say Daks hit this year and next is 13% and 15% of the cap. Even at worse on a bad structure, 15 and 20. That still leaves 80 percent of the cap for the rest of the team. And then if you give half of that to the next tier of players not playing QB, you are still left 40% of the cap for late round picks, cheap vets, and middle tier vets on a second, inexpensive, contract. That is far more than enough to build a great roster.

Dak is not Dalton. He is not Mariota. He does not need 70million dollar players everywhere to be effective. We can afford the 15% cap hit on him because he IS one of our best, and he plays the most expensive position in the sport. 

With how you are sounding you are equating him in some stupid fashion as a guy like Tyrod Taylor or something. He is not. And signing him does not prevent us from paying other guys. It.may stop us from overpaying for OTHER TEAMS overpriced veterans like the Rams did, but that's not a wise way of building sustainability anyway. Would you rather make it to one NFC title game (and possibly win), or be able to make it to that title game and compete for that title game(and possibly win) every year for a decade? 

This isn't Marcus mariota here. And a 35 million year pay doesnt mean it all counts on that year cap. And 15 even 20 percent of the cap this year on one player still leaves 80 percent for the rest. And no rookie, 2nd year guy. Even 3rd year guy. Will be as valuable to this team as Dak is now, unless we are somehow getting Mahomes. And those one year wonder gimmick guys like Lamar, Wentz, Goff, none will build the sustained success Dak is in line for. And giving up a known value for something you hope will be more valuable, whilst simultaneously gambling away all your known veteran contracts in their prime years in that hope, may be how you do business in Madden where solid number overall ratings tell you if someone is good or not. But that is not how business is done in real life NFL.

I understand how cap hits work and that you can rob Peter to pay Paul but that does catch up with you

The bolded part is where we will never agree. I've seen Dak when he's missed Zeke, I've seen Dak before Cooper. I've seen Dak when Smith has been out - NOT GOOD

5 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Goff made it to a Superbowl, Wentz's team made it to a Superbowl. Both teams are now in the same boat as the Cowboys. Having to pay their QB's, but at least they got there

I've been over this for a million posts, and I'm sorry if you like "competitive 10-6 seasons" with a solid QB who makes 15% of your cap, where you're close but you end up getting beat by the next team that has a balls out guy on a rookie deal and has surrounded him with all the saved capspace at other positions

For the last 10 seasons, not the Superbowl winner, nor the Superbowl runner up has had sustained success (meaning Superbowl appearances and Wins) with a QB that they have paid top dollar to. It's been guys on Rookie deals (Wilson x 2, Mahomes, Flacco, Goff, Wentz/Foles, Kaepernick, guys playing below market value (Brady x 5) , or guys making big money who's teams were 1 and done after they started losing players due to the cap (Ryan, Newton). The lone exception was (Peyton Manning x 2) who was the final piece to an already loaded roster that also fell of the map but did actually win the game when Manning was merely a game manager, because the roster around him was that good. That team burned hot for 3 seasons before they were cap strapped from fitting in Mannings contract with all the other guys that had to get paid

The jury is out on Jimmy G making 27 Million riding an underpaid defense

Eli Manning won making 11% of his teams cap but that was a 9-7 team that got hot with unreal DLine play.

Which category does Dak fit into?

-His window is over for the Rookie Contract

-He doesn't want a below Market deal like Brady

-We don't have a balls out underpaid defence like the 49ers had with JimmyG and that was only 27 Million

-Are we a loaded roster that is 1 piece away? Is Dak our Peyton Manning?

-We banking on 1 unbelievable run like Eli, or are we hoping for the 1 shot and done route the Falcons and Panthers had?

I'm not saying we can draft and new guy and plug him in there and he's going to be Mahomes 2.0 (or even Dak 2.0) but it isn't working out for any other team that has paid "Their guy".. Not in the last decade anyways

-

Wentz's D got them to the superbowl. Wentz has underperformed since. Goff was a gimmick that has since floundered. Neither look worth the money or consistent. Would you rather have one good year or ten good years?

4 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

I understand how cap hits work and that you can rob Peter to pay Paul but that does catch up with you

The bolded part is where we will never agree. I've seen Dak when he's missed Zeke, I've seen Dak before Cooper. I've seen Dak when Smith has been out - NOT GOOD

Toy do NOT rob peter to pay Paul, see you just dont understand. Conteacts are not flat, but 3 dimensional in a sense. This is not madden dude. 37 million doesnt mean you cost 37 on the cap. You can structure it in a way where it costs say 22 on the cap. Without robbing away from anything. In madden the contracts  made are flat and without structure. Not in the real world. Man, the more I read from you the more I picture someone who cant separate madden from the real thing :/ kinda frustrated here.

Just now, Dallas94Ware said:

Wentz's D got them to the superbowl. Wentz has underperformed since. Goff was a gimmick that has since floundered. Neither look worth the money or consistent. Would you rather have one good year or ten good years?

Does division titles and playoff games but never making it over the hump count as good years? You could argue we just had 4 pretty good years...

Ask Charger fans if it's as good as it sounds...

I'll take a Superbowl appearance or 2 as a truly elite team. I don't care what happens after that