Andy Dalton now a Cowboy

5x10

I can honestly say that I didn’t see this one coming. I’m not surprised that he wanted to return to Texas, either for the us or Houston since he grew up in Katy (Houston area) and played his college ball at TCU in Fort Worth.

Very solid signing. It’s nice to have a real backup QB for a change.

• Like 1

Solid solid signing. Pressure on Dak is gonna be HUGE. Competition builds better players. The Red Rifle may not be as talented as Dak, but my mind is wondering what Andy could do with a talented Oline and multiple weapons all around him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lmao, you are the most epic hater I have ever encountered.

Dalton is a legit starter and he hasn't exactly worked with the best coaches or talent in Cincy. So I think it's fair to say he can contribute to this offense in a big way if the holdout continues.

He could go to NE to compete for a starting position and yet chose to come here on a 1 year contract.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

What if dak holds out and dalton goes 4-0?

Keep him. Dak has shown no more ability to win the big one then Dalton has. So roll with Dalton. And if Dalton leads us to a NFC champion and a SB I say it's our talent on offense that makes the difference not Dak. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Keep him. Dak has shown no more ability to win the big one then Dalton has. So roll with Dalton. And if Dalton leads us to a NFC champion and a SB I say it's our talent on offense that makes the difference not Dak. 

Gotta ride the hot hand 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Interesting. I figured Dalton was a shoe-in for the Patriots. I'll gladly take it though. Dallas hasn't had a competent backup in ages and Dalton will fill those shoes nicely.

Assuming bill wants to start himself at qb just to prove he was the reason for the pats success and not brady. 

Dalton is a good signing though. In no way is he an upgrade over dak, but he’s solid. And with this roster he could win a lot of games if Dak goes down. Also a nice step up in ginger backup QB’s. 

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Dalton is a legit starter and he hasn't exactly worked with the best coaches or talent in Cincy. So I think it's fair to say he can contribute to this offense in a big way if the holdout continues.

He could go to NE to compete for a starting position and yet chose to come here on a 1 year contract.

Lol, but that’s not what he’s saying, so...

These comments are laughable sometimes. I can admit I’ve been hard on Dak the last few years but in no way will I EVER say Dalton is equally or even slightly as good as Dak is. He deserves a contract maybe not 40 million but you can argue he has been better than Goff and Wentz and should be paid accordingly and it will get done soon I’m sure.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

I can admit I’ve been hard on Dak the last few years but in no way will I EVER say Dalton is equally or even slightly as good as Dak is

Then I’ll say it for you. He is. Dak isn’t great, neither is Andy. They are pretty interchangeable 

• Like 5