Andy Dalton now a Cowboy

5x10

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

We also had a random Cinci fan come in here drunk, my man. The fact you saw that over the absurd amount of people suggesting that we ride with Dalton is hilarious. 

Normal People: Yo, let's go. A good back-up vet QB. 

Random Dallas Fans: F DAK! WE RIDE WITH THE GINGER! USE THE MONEY ON OTHER RANDOM FREE AGENTS RAWWWRR!

This fan base is absurd. 

This is exactly whats happening @DaBoys. As a fanbase we are the most entitled and ignorant group of people. I love you all, but this is the same group of people who said Romo was a choke artist loser. We are not smart.  

Just now, Matts4313 said:

This is exactly whats happening @DaBoys. As a fanbase we are the most entitled and ignorant group of people. I love you all, but this is the same group of people who said Romo was a choke artist loser. We are not smart.  

In our defense, we do follow a big dumb team that makes some highly questionable decisions. I have never seen a team love to shot itself in the **** as much as we do. Only makes sense that the fan base is deranged - but goddamn if that isn't taxing to read utter nonsense. 

But I am reminded that their are hustlers and conspiracy peddlers in every city, it is no wonder they have wifi access. 

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

In our defense, we do follow a big dumb team that makes some highly questionable decisions. I have never seen a team love to shot itself in the **** as much as we do. Only makes sense that the fan base is deranged - but goddamn if that isn't taxing to read utter nonsense. 

But I am reminded that their are hustlers and conspiracy peddlers in every city, it is no wonder they have wifi access. 

At least we arent Bowns fans. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think engaging in a debate where the starting premise is ‘Andy Dalton is almost as good as Dak Prescott’ is a complete waste of my time.

Dak is better, but he isn’t head and shoulders better.  @johndeere1707makes a fair point IMO.  Not trolling or anything.

He didn’t say Dalton was long term solution.  Just that you could take a loaded team and keep it loaded for next 4 years without paying Dak.

Do you think it is an impossible scenario that Dak holds out to start season and Dalton goes 3-0 raising a number of questions?

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

This is just ridiculous. Go back to 2013 Bengals, the year Dalton threw 33 TDs.

Their best RB averaged 4.1 yards/carry and Jarvis GREEN Ellis was at 3.4 yards a carry with the most rushes. His run game was not even close to what we have. No one was worried about their RBs.

Yes he had Jones and Sanu and Green and Eifert. I take our receivers over that group all day.

Cincy's line that year was better than what it is now, but it is not our line.

Zeke also averaged 4.1 YPC one year. There's little merit to supporting cast arguments in general, but ranking RBs is a matter of fantasy football and has nothing to do with winning games

You'd take our *current* receivers over those guys but they haven't played yet. Green, Sanu and Jones at their peak had a case for best WR trio, those guys fit perfectly together

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lol, you are ridiculous, man. Dak is 27, coming off a 4,900, 30TD, 11 INT season.

Even if Dalton matched his best numbers in a season ever, the step down in production would be more than “very small”. But he’ll be 33 this season and hasn’t be an average starter since at least 2017.

This take is so ridiculous I shouldn’t even engage. But alas, I can’t help it.

All that production and what did it get us? Not a damn thing. 2nd place in the division and missing the playoffs. 

i like Dak, but the kid or his agent needs to wake the hell up and get a deal done. Longer he sits out, more damage it does. We don’t know how he’s going to respond to a new system, new coaches, revamped Oline. At this point, Dalton is gonna get a leg up, participating in the virtual meetings and playbook implementation, Dak will be working from behind once he rejoins the team. 

16 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Zeke also averaged 4.1 YPC one year. There's little merit to supporting cast arguments in general, but ranking RBs is a matter of fantasy football and has nothing to do with winning games

You'd take our *current* receivers over those guys but they haven't played yet. Green, Sanu and Jones at their peak had a case for best WR trio, those guys fit perfectly together

And the year Zeke did average 4.1 people on this site ripped him apart. Did at any point any of those Cincy RBs as individuals or a combination generate a top running game?

And yes I would take our receivers over that group.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If Dak threw for 5,000 yards, 40 TD, and won the Super Bowl this year, we would still have posters on here who would throw Dak shade. For sure.

And if we had Dalton lead us to a SB with a Tom Brady like run we would still have posters demanding we pay Dak cause he's a "franchise QB" and we need him despite evidence to the contrary. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

And the year Zeke did average 4.1 people on this site ripped him apart. Did at any point any of those Cincy RBs as individuals or a combination generate a top running game?

And yes I would take our receivers over that group.

I mean, yeah, after pairing Hill and Bernard they finished 10th and 7th in rushing DVOA the next two years.

Feel like the point being missed here is that Dalton's defenses ranked 8 spots higher than Dak's on average over these two four-year stretches. But most crucially, this was Dalton's peak vs. Dak's full body of work

5 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

All that production and what did it get us? Not a damn thing. 2nd place in the division and missing the playoffs. 

And the circular logic insanity continues

“Dak isn’t that productive”

-Actually, he’s super productive

“And what did that production get us?”

-Well, he’s won games at a pretty high level

“I can’t believe you would use wins as a QB stat”.

But anyway, Dalton is 20-35-1 the last 4 seasons and has never won anything significant in his career. So I’m not sure how this supports the “Dak and Dalton are similar” argument.

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

I mean, yeah, after pairing Hill and Bernard they finished 10th and 7th in rushing DVOA the next two years.

Feel like the point being missed here is that Dalton's defenses ranked 8 spots higher than Dak's on average over these two four-year stretches. But most crucially, this was Dalton's peak vs. Dak's full body of work

I never once mentioned defences.

All I stated was I believe Dalton could perform better here with the offensive pieces we have compared to what he had in Cincy.

Behold your champion, @DaBoys. Not sure these are the one's you want to follow into this rabbit hole...

15 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

i like Dak, but the kid or his agent needs to wake the hell up and get a deal done. Longer he sits out, more damage it does. We don’t know how he’s going to respond to a new system, new coaches, revamped Oline. At this point, Dalton is gonna get a leg up, participating in the virtual meetings and playbook implementation, Dak will be working from behind once he rejoins the team. 

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

And if we had Dalton lead us to a SB with a Tom Brady like run we would still have posters demanding we pay Dak cause he's a "franchise QB" and we need him despite evidence to the contrary. 

Lol, I promise you if Dalton leads us on a Super Bowl and looks like Tom Brady, that this will not be my stance.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I never once mentioned defences.

All I stated was I believe Dalton could perform better here with the offensive pieces we have compared to what he had in Cincy.

That's fair, I'm just saying the precedent for that is based on him succeeding with a loaded supporting cast in Cincy five years ago, and not just something we can extrapolate from how he's looked since then. The idea that "he's never had this kind of talent around him before" that some will push because they want Dak to be gone/fail is bogus