Andy Dalton now a Cowboy

5x10

6 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

No. I think the point is just if the money is all figured out and were just talking the difference of 1 year then why not just give it to him.

The longer the deal benefits the team so we dont have to re-up so quickly. Also allows us to move money down the road.

You literally answered the question in your first paragraph with your second paragraph.

They are trying to sign a quarterback they love and maintain their ability to surround him with talent in the long term and maintain a responsible cap situation.

8 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

But as the cap goes up, everyone else wants more as well. 

If this is never a big deal and the cap continues to go up, then why do teams not have cap space?

The average NFL team right now has ~$15M in cap space after free agency, and most teams have the ability to restructure contracts and open up more.

So I think you have a false premise to your question.

16 minutes ago, D82 said:

Dude, NFL players have such a short shelf life. Sure, Dak has been injury free during his entire career here. But one play and he could never play again. I would never fault a guy for trying to get all he can while he can. 

It's one freaking year and he is probably gonna earn well over 100M during those 5 years. At some point you're just being a-hole when your squabbling with that much with such a petty thing. The Jones's obviously think this is a huge deal in the greater scheme of things but for Dak who will already be near 100M if not over when considering endorsements, when does the team player mentality actually kick in? I'm sure if he is playing in the 5th year of his contract and gets injured in such a way that he has to retire that he will be just fine for the rest of his life unless he's a complete moron. 

22 minutes ago, D82 said:

And none of his teammates are against him either. Which says all that needs to be said. 

Well none of the players here were against Irving who chose weed over football, nor the Ravens with Ray Rice for using a woman's face as a punching bag. So I guess that's all that needs to be said. 

18 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well none of the players here were against Irving who chose weed over football, nor the Ravens with Ray Rice for using a woman's face as a punching bag. So I guess that's all that needs to be said. 

Who was for Ray Rice?

For me the question isn't if Dalton is as good or nearly as good as Dak. I really like Dalton, especially as our backup QB but he is not better than Dak. For me, the question is if Dalton is good enough to take us to the SB with what we have. Will our offense be as good as we think it can be? Can our defense be top 10 again? If yes to those questions, I think Dalton is good enough to let Dak walk and spend our money elsewhere. If not, we better keep Dak.

For the record, this team is not proven enough to let Dak walk and roll with Dalton. We have to keep Dak as long as he isn't asking for $40 mil a year.

• Like 1

Dak is easily replaceable 

against any team not named skins/giants, two of the worst defenses last year, dak had a pedestrian 1.3 passing tds per game (16 tds in 12 games)

10 points against the saints

10 point through 3 quarters vs the packers 

9 points through 3 quarters vs the jets

9 points against the pats

15 points against the bills (including throwing one in the dirt, 4th and goal, to zeke)

7 points through 3 quarters vs the bears

9 points against the eagles, with the playoffs on the line 

consistently unable to score against decent defenses .

coincidently, the Wide receivers all regressed as a unit with dropped passes. Why is that? Possibly ball placement ?

Lots of yards though!

Edited by 5x10
  • Like 1

Just now, 5x10 said:

You guys act like this offense isn’t stacked, and dak is the one propping it up

2 all pro linemen, all pro rb, stacked wr Corp 

new offense coordinator 

I would love to know the imaginary arguments you get into with yourself - would make for a hell of a sitcom, since not a damn soul has said any of the nonsense you are accusing others of. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I would love to know the imaginary arguments you get into with yourself - would make for a hell of a sitcom, since not a damn soul has said any of the nonsense you are accusing others of. 

So he is replaceable?

1 minute ago, 5x10 said:

So he is replaceable?

Literally every single player is replaceable.

Romo gave a whole goodbye speech about it.

Brady just left his iconic home.

The Colts replaced Manning with Luck. 

Hell, the Packers just drafted Love. 

Every. Single. Player. Is. Replaceable. 

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Literally every single player is replaceable.

Romo gave a whole goodbye speech about it.

Brady just left his iconic home.

The Colts replaced Manning with Luck. 

Hell, the Packers just drafted Love. 

Every. Single. Player. Is. Replaceable. 

Agreed 

now, how much different do you think this offense looks with someone like dalton at qb?