GDT Week 4: LA Rams @ Dallas

D82

STL-DAL.jpg

Where: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
When: Sunday, Oct 1 2017 1PM EST (FOX)

THINGS TO WATCH:

• The line has been off to a shaky start this year. They improved during the second half of the Arizona game, but they'll be going against one of the best DL's in the country. It's high-time they get their act together and step it up. The offense is going to need them to depending on....

• How well this young, banged-up secondary plays could determine this game depending on how the offense performs. Jourdan Lewis and Xavier Woods had damn good performances against Arizona. If the team is able to generate a consistent pass rush like it did last night, that will help out tremendously as well.

Goff has looked pretty good. His accuracy and mechanics are much improved. But we will see if his poise holds up against Lawrence, Mayowa and Collins. He has flopped against mediocre pressure before, and this team looks like it can actually put out some quality heat on a QB finally.

Don’t sleep on LA. They are playing out of their minds.

Gurley will be the best RB we face all year and their WR corps is a handful (Watkins and Cupp are studs), though I’m not sure if Watkins plays.

That defense is talented too. I think Donald is the best defensive player in the NFL, even better than Watt and Miller.

I’ll go and say Cowboys win 34-28.

Will be watching Havenstien vs DLaw closely. Havenstein is far and away best RT DLaw has lined up against thus far. May be best he lines up against all year. 

Dallas OL vs Rams DL. Dallas OL has looked very average.  Curious to see how Donald performs in Wade's 34 D. 

Dallas D has their work cut out for them. Rams offense is loaded. 

Goff was my favorite QB coming out.  Glad to hear he is doing well after what I was hearing last year.  Agree that Donald may be the best defender in the league(though Maliek Collins has 2.5 more sacks so far :P )

Am worried about our secondary against a team with Broncos like weapons(young up and coming QB, couple of good receivers, not quite as good as ES and DT, but they have a better RB and Austin.) Even the Cards were slicing us up until we went to a 3 man rush.  Thank the lort DLaw & Collins started getting sacks on the 3 man.  If the Rams block better than the Cards(not asking much) we could be in trouble. 

Am worried about Todd Gurley. We won't be able to use a 3 man front as our base to protect our DBs like we did against the Cards. CJ2k had 12 Carries for 17 yards last night. But I guess having 6 DBs works well against a back that only wants outside.  Something Tells me Gurley would have done better.

Praying that DLaw and Collins continue to gather steam and maybe a 3rd DL starts showing up. Looking at you Taco though it has a better chance to be Mayowa.

The Rams have a lot of well-known, talented players on their defense, but for whatever reason they have been atrocious on that side of the ball in their last two games. Maybe it comes down to health for them. Probably helps that they get 10 days of rest.

That's my biggest concern- LA getting extended time off having last played on Thursday while we're on a short week. That, and having to go against a well-balanced offense that's looked quite effective so far- their pass catchers threaten you at every level of the field. We have to get pressure on Goff, that's for sure.

I think it'll be a fairly high scoring game. If we can't run with consistency and effectiveness against a team that allowed 229 rush yards at 5.9 a carry to Washington, that's not a good sign.

Did someone say their D is better than Arizona's? Based on what? Washington ripped them apart up front. They couldnt cover anything. And cousins was barely touched. 

Rams have a.good unit, a good system, and good players. But a lot of them are out of position, playing new roles, and learning a far more complex playbook than Fisher's garbage. They have Not played well at any point really this year. A few nice plays by individual players. But as a whole? Theyve been pretty bad.

As for their offense -

Stop the playaction. Goff has been killing it off the play Action when  Gurley is running well. Stop Gurley, make the play fake meaningless, and Goff will not look as sharp as the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Did someone say their D is better than Arizona's? Based on what? Washington ripped them apart up front. They couldnt cover anything. And cousins was barely touched. 

Rams have a.good unit, a good system, and good players. But a lot of them are out of position, playing new roles, and learning a far more complex playbook than Fisher's garbage. They have Not played well at any point really this year. A few nice plays by individual players. But as a whole? Theyve been pretty bad.

As for their offense -

Stop the playaction. Goff has been killing it off the play Action when  Gurley is running well. Stop Gurley, make the play fake meaningless, and Goff will not look as sharp as the last few weeks.

Less Points/game allowed by the Rams

Slightly more yards/game allowed by the Rams

Archived