GDT Week 4: LA Rams @ Dallas

D82

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I don't see it as Dak regressing. Did the Rams punt ONCE during the game?????

Dak threw for 3 TD's!

Defense is SWISS CHEESE!!!

It is going to be a longgggggggg season. 9-7 at best.

We need a real defense. Not these bums. Take the lot of them and trade them for a good campfire girl.

The defense sucked for sure, but Dak was not good in this game simply because he logged three touchdowns on the stat sheet. His inability in the 2nd half allowed the Rams to come back.

2 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

THis team's defensive philosophy is a complete joke. 

Offenses evolve at a blisteringpace this decade and we decide to let a dinosaur in charge of the defense who brings absolutely zero creativity, confusion, or consistent aggression to counteract opposing offenses. Then we decide to invest in retreads from other teams at the most important part of the defense (DLine) and sit back and wait for said dinosaur to work miracles.

It's a complete and utter joke.

Our first round pick is on the DL but he has done nothing to even warrant a 3rd round selection. He didn't have a 1st round grade and they still took him. 

Sickening that we found a way to lose.  We had control of the game and we allowed it to be taken away.  2nd half of the game was just sad all around.  1st half, our STs made two critical errors to give the Rams short fields and allowed them to stay in the game.  Dak is still not looking good.  Accuracy is very spotty still and it showed in the 2nd half.  Dez did not have a chance to expand on a strong first half.  

Of course, the biggest problem is what we all knew about.  This defense can not be trusted to make big plays or to take control of the opposition.  If our offense falters, they can not pick them up.  Could not stop anything and had no pass rush whatsoever.  DL got steamrolled in the run game as well.

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

The defense sucked for sure, but Dak was not good in this game simply because he logged three touchdowns on the stat sheet. His inability in the 2nd half allowed the Rams to come back.

I didn't say he was good, I said I don't see it as regressing. When your offense scores 30 points, you would think we could win the game?

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I didn't say he was good, I said I don't see it as regressing. When your offense scores 30 points, you would think we could win the game?

.. well did you not think he was good last season? I would have to assume that you did, considering the season that he had. Dak not playing well is a regression, because we never saw a stretch of games like this from him last year. And yes, ideally you would hope that putting up 30 points would be enough, but unfortunately the game did not end at half time. Context matters here. One good half of football doesn't justify the poor play in the second half of the game that left the doors wide open for the Rams to retake momentum and basically do to the Cowboys what the Cowboys did to them in the first half. 

25 minutes ago, retrolock said:

It's official, Dak has regressed

one is entitled to their opinion but to be honest a comment like this Irks the **** out of me. The Oline ha not pass or run blocked well,the running game or Zeke are not gaining much. The playing is from not good to atrocious. WRs are so so, all while the defense is horrible. But hey Dak is regressing.

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

No one is entitled to their opinion but to be honest a comment like this Irks the **** out of me. The Oline ha not pass or run blocked well,the running game or Zeke are not gaining much. The playing is from not good to atrocious. WRs are so so, all while the defense is horrible. But hey Dak is regressing.

The O-line hasn't been great but it's not like they aren't giving Dak a chance out there. I wouldn't even necessarily say the WR play is so-so when Dak's accuracy has been so off the mark. I tend to be more of an optimist than not, but Dak is certainly not playing close to as good as he was last season. 

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

.. well did you not think he was good last season? I would have to assume that you did, considering the season that he had. Dak not playing well is a regression, because we never saw a stretch of games like this from him last year. And yes, ideally you would hope that putting up 30 points would be enough, but unfortunately the game did not end at half time. Context matters here. One good half of football doesn't justify the poor play in the second half of the game that left the doors wide open for the Rams to retake momentum and basically do to the Cowboys what the Cowboys did to them in the first half. 

Its his second year,  teams now know his tendencies, its up to him and the OC to address the issues. I wouldn't call it a regression as much as a needed adaptation. 

Zeke looks like he lost that burst he showed last year. I don't know if he put on weight or isn't completely healthy or what but he looks slow in the hole.

Plain and simple, if our defense doesn't find its groove, we are sunk.

Side note, fumbles and dropped passes don't help your QB.

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

To be fair to Dak, guys, QBs are generally inconsistent until they are 26-28 years old. It's likely just growing pains. He missed some plays today, but he still looks like a fine QB to me.

your team didn't bail on the third highest rated passer of all time to start this guy, though. Like it or not, that's the standard Dak has to meet.  What I saw in preseason was a guy who could do that. What I've seen since is a guy, who outside of a random throw here or there, hasn't been able to hit the broadside of a barn and is going through large segments of games hesitating and double clutching.

He needs to get his head on straight, fix whatever mechanical issue is destroying his consistency, and start delivering the football on time and on target.

5 minutes ago, Dirk Gently said:

your team didn't bail on the third highest rated passer of all time to start this guy, though. Like it or not, that's the standard Dak has to meet.  What I saw in preseason was a guy who could do that. What I've seen since is a guy, who outside of a random throw here or there, hasn't been able to hit the broadside of a barn and is going through large segments of games hesitating and double clutching.

He needs to get his head on straight, fix whatever mechanical issue is destroying his consistency, and start delivering the football on time and on target.

Exactly this. Dak needs to stop getting a free pass from everyone simply because of his play from last season.

7 minutes ago, Dirk Gently said:

They gave up on Kurt Warner...

By the way, that QB you're referring too, did nothing in the playoffs and I'm glad he's gone. If they have to built this thing from the ground up again I am okay with that.

7 minutes ago, Dirk Gently said:

Yea but Romo retired, and there's no guarantee he could have stayed healthy for another season. That's just not a fair standard to apply to Dak at this point in time. In 3-4 years, he might be at that level. But for now, he's still a second-year QB. You gotta be fair to the guy. He can't control whom he succeeded.

9 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Its his second year,  teams now know his tendencies, its up to him and the OC to address the issues. I wouldn't call it a regression as much as a needed adaptation

He's simply not passing the football well even when there are plays on the field to be made; plays that he would have made last season. I don't see any tendencies of his from last season that are being taken away by the defense.

Archived