GDT Week 4: LA Rams @ Dallas

D82

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

They gave up on Kurt Warner...

By the way, that QB you're referring too, did nothing in the playoffs and I'm glad he's gone. If they have to built this thing from the ground up again I am okay with that.

HAHA.....you're one of those fans,.

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Exactly this. Dak needs to stop getting a free pass from everyone simply because of his play from last season.

Free Pass? He's been criticized quite often.   You know what's gotten a free pass based on previous years play?  THIS OFFENSIVE LINE!  Every time I hear a broadcaster talk about Dallas unquestionably having the "Best O-Line", I want to cringe.  Our pass pro was Top-3 in 2014, but has taken steps back every year since then.   The run blocking (ZBS) has always been the bread and butter of this O-line.  They were the best in 2014-2016.  This year, it's not good. Huge drop-off, IMO.   Leary is sorely missed.

6 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

What did he win? At the end of the day, Dak reached and matched where that QB went in his entire playoff career in his 1 year lol

That has absolutely nothing to do with their actual ability as individual players. I don't think anyone wants a Romo debate here.. but come on. 

1 minute ago, ///mcompact said:

Free Pass? He's been criticized quite often.   You know what's gotten a free pass based on previous years play?  THIS OFFENSIVE LINE!  Every time I hear a broadcaster talk about Dallas unquestionably having the "Best O-Line", I want to cringe.  Our pass pro was Top-3 in 2014, but has taken steps back every year since then.   The run blocking (ZBS) has always been the bread and butter of this O-line.  They were the best in 2014-2016.  This year, it's not good. Huge drop-off, IMO.   Leary is sorely missed.

I personally have not been seeing any considerable amount of criticism going Dak's way, though I can't speak to what has been said on this forum as I only recently started being a little active again. I agree with you about the O-line, though. 

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

Don't talk about playoffs. How I feel right now, I would rather the team get a high draft pick. So we don't get stuck with the pathetic Taco Charlton's of the world 

What's up with this guy? Thought a lot of people (not necessarily Cowboys fans) were pretty high on Taco around draft time, if not for his football abilities, then at least for his sexy name-?

2 hours ago, BigD88 said:

THis team's defensive philosophy is a complete joke. 

Offenses evolve at a blistering pace this decade and we decide to let a dinosaur in charge of the defense who brings absolutely zero creativity, confusion, or consistent aggression to counteract opposing offenses. Then we decide to invest in retreads from other teams at the most important part of the defense (DLine) and sit back and wait for said dinosaur to work miracles.

It's a complete and utter joke.

I could not agree more.  Great post.  What I'm about to say will anger a lot of fans.  This defense can compete when an opponent is missing a key player.  However against a solid offense they are far from a playoff contending defense.  No hope with a defense this bad.  Your offense has to play error free and utterly dominate.  There's no margin for error.  Unless a miracle occurs defensively playing .500 ball will be an accomplishment. 

3 hours ago, BigD88 said:

THis team's defensive philosophy is a complete joke. 

Offenses evolve at a blistering pace this decade and we decide to let a dinosaur in charge of the defense who brings absolutely zero creativity, confusion, or consistent aggression to counteract opposing offenses. Then we decide to invest in retreads from other teams at the most important part of the defense (DLine) and sit back and wait for said dinosaur to work miracles.

It's a complete and utter joke.

Probably do need to start questioning Marinelli's system at some point. I mean, Dallas has a shown a pretty good pass rush and it still appears things are amiss. Playing shorthanded hasn't helped matters and hopefully a few guys getting healthy/back from susp. helps, but point still remains. 

Dallas needs to give Marinelli some new toys on DL. If DLaw is getting dbl/trip teamed, Mayowa/Moore/Taco need to make something happen. Speaking of Taco...pretty sure Marinelli had a hand in drafting him. MClay wanted TJ Watt iirc. 

Also can we see Wood over Heath at some point? I had hopes Heath would be ok, that doesn't appear to be the case. 

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

one is entitled to their opinion but to be honest a comment like this Irks the **** out of me. The Oline ha not pass or run blocked well,the running game or Zeke are not gaining much. The playing is from not good to atrocious. WRs are so so, all while the defense is horrible. But hey Dak is regressing.

Hey, I aint saying the def has been good and oline has been godly, they both suck right now. Dak is not helping the situation by missing receivers and that last play, a checkdown to Elliot 6 yards from the first down? 

I like Dak, but clearly his accuracy is not the same as last year. Fix it man

4 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

He's simply not passing the football well even when there are plays on the field to be made; plays that he would have made last season. I don't see any tendencies of his from last season that are being taken away by the defense.

yep. although he's probably hesitating because they are doing things to mess with his tendencies

that would be my guess: he's seeing things that make him uncomfortable

1 hour ago, retrolock said:

Hey, I aint saying the def has been good and oline has been godly, they both suck right now. Dak is not helping the situation by missing receivers and that last play, a checkdown to Elliot 6 yards from the first down? 

I like Dak, but clearly his accuracy is not the same as last year. Fix it man

5 FG and a TD while the Dallas offense scored zero points and ran only 16 offensive plays.  That's a defense (minus their best player) on the field for way too long. Despite the fact that they held the rams out of the end zone on 5 of 6 possessions, The Rams scored 6 more points than Dallas ran plays between their last two TDs

That's on the offense, plain and simple.

There was a lot about this game to make Dallas fans mad

1 I saw things that reminded me of pre Dak and Zeke days.  We were dominating the game on offense defense doing a good job containing.   And the game yet it was a ,1 score game because of silly special teams errors (gave them 10 points).  No reason to give the team a chance at a return just kick it out the back.  Then the fumble.   

2. Our OL got dominated this game especially in the second half.  Dak had very little time to throw and Zeke no real running lanes.    

3. Play calling 2nd half Why no deep ball to a butler A staple in all games so far  there also seemed to be no urgency until they got down by 8. Plus Our D had no idea how to stop the Rams in the 2nd half 

other general thoughts we really really missed Hitchins and Lee this game we have very few impact players in D.   Lewis is fast becoming one But they made sure DLaw was double or triple teamed.  No one else in the team could make impact plays. 

Still.   To  avoid the sky is falling knee jerk. We lost a very very close game had the ball with a chance to win last possession.  So it wasn't like we were blown out.  And in that game we gave the other team 13 gift points. Lost turn over battle 2-0.   And got out played badly on special teams.  Something that hasn't happened very often last two years.   

Archived