GDT Week 4: LA Rams @ Dallas

D82

Holy (don't know the word) to the news I woke up to. Don't want to derail a thread, but the horror hit in Vegas is beyond words. Man made horror is so different than any natural disaster.I don't know how but sporting events and concerts may never be the same again. How does someone protect themselves from something like this.

After seeing some of the second half -

Dak hesitated often and was under a lot of pressure. I wouldnt call it an accuracy issue I would call it a pressure issue.

Sorry but Martin, Fredrick, Tyron, they have been playing like average players.

The Rams played the stretch well in the second half. Where is a change of concept to counter this? Why is Linehan being so rigid in his playcalling?

The soft zone stuff isnt cutting it. Wheres the mix of press and cover 3, and cover 1, and hell, even a man-zone?

Its looking more and more like my prediction of 7-9/8-8 is probably going to be pretty accurate. This team looks about average with a big lack of star firepower. This teams line was its star fire power. Its not playing at that level now. Dez isnt separating. Beasley isnt getting enough hot looks. Dak is getting chased and beat up. The defense was never a strong suit either. 

I do not buy intonthe whole sky is falling rebuild from yhe ground up mentality as a lot of you all or nothing fairweather people here, but I do believe there are some kinks that need to be smoothed over. Mainly, the play of the OL (Collins going back inside helps imo) and the coverage system.

Its not as easy as pointing the finger at a single player either. Heath would look better if the zones around him were better. The pressure would look better if the coverage were tighter. The coverage would look better if the pressure were more than one sided with Lawrence. One player isnt going to change everything for this team, nor is Madden-izing the whole team with fantasy trades. We are not that far off, and a few changes in schematic and positioning may push the team forward.

21pts off of FGs... bend but don't break D right there folks...  the tackling in this game was terrible, Heath looked lost at all times and Smith did most of his work 6-10yds from the LOS.  Nobody wanted to cover Gurley which is just sad considering he's one of the guys you should never lose

450yds and 4 TDs by our offense, on paper it sounds like they did great but Dak's accuracy fell off a cliff in the 2nd half when we needed it most

5 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

As a redskins fan I can not wait unti we play you guys at Fed Ex field .

with skins top ten D the skins will beat Dallas at fed ex field and show who's the real best team In. The NFCE.

Would be a long time coming for a team that doesn't have a home win over Dallas since 2012

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Packers already have a GD thread...and here we are. Slacking....

They should. Their team last played on Thursday, so they've been sitting idle for awhile...licking their chops to face an inept coaching staff and defense that still hasn't had a chance to gel due to injuries, rookie-itis (tm) and suspensions.

Archived