Trey Lance might be the best QB prospect in the 2021 NFL Draft...

VanS

8 hours ago, m haynes said:

Wow,  Love those Ohio State numbers. Here some more from another Ohio State great!

22 games, 70% passing , 54 TD, 9 INT.   Pretty similar to Fields,   he must of killed it in the NFL.      Now, what was his name???  Oh ya, Haskins.

Ohio State QB numbers means jack crap at the next level.  Their history of successful QBs  in the NFL, zero!!! 

Lastly,  Fields a transfer from GU. He couldn't even beat out Jake Fromm!!!! Fact.

So you made up your opinion on him based on previous QBs at the program and box score watching?

I'm sold. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, m haynes said:

Wow,  Love those Ohio State numbers. Here some more from another Ohio State great!

22 games, 70% passing , 54 TD, 9 INT.   Pretty similar to Fields,   he must of killed it in the NFL.      Now, what was his name???  Oh ya, Haskins.

Ohio State QB numbers means jack crap at the next level.  Their history of successful QBs  in the NFL, zero!!! 

Lastly,  Fields a transfer from GU. He couldn't even beat out Jake Fromm!!!! Fact.

lol.. you sound like my brother who grew up in central Ohio and is a meatchicken fan... he even adds Fact to the end of his dumb takes. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm really excited to see how the QB boards shake out throughout the draft process, especially in the offseason when all the rumors start flying about team boards and stuff. It's going to be fun. There's a ton of potential first round QBs.

theres actually 4....baring someone randomly coming up screaming up the draft board and no its not gonna Be Mac Jones or Kyle trask because both dont have a good enough arm

16 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

theres actually 4....baring someone randomly coming up screaming up the draft board and no its not gonna Be Mac Jones or Kyle trask because both dont have a good enough arm

I'd agree on Trask but I think Jones has a good enough arm. It's not special but I don't think it's prohibitive either.

10 hours ago, rackcs said:

I'd agree on Trask but I think Jones has a good enough arm. It's not special but I don't think it's prohibitive either.

plus with most starting QBS having some sort of mobility the Pocket passer is going the way of the dodo bird and jones definitely is a pocket passer with limited athletic abilities. 

i think Jones arm strength might be comprable to minshews but honestly thats not starter quality. 

28 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

plus with most starting QBS having some sort of mobility the Pocket passer is going the way of the dodo bird and jones definitely is a pocket passer with limited athletic abilities. 

i think Jones arm strength might be comprable to minshews but honestly thats not starter quality. 

I've only watched him once so I'm not super committed to him or anything but I thought he looked good when I watched. We can have this conversation again once I've watched more and develop an actual opinion lol

On 11/12/2020 at 1:23 AM, m haynes said:

Wasn't this same knock on USC as a program until they pushed out Carson Palmer? Let's not pretend that a history of QB's not working in the NFL is a clear outlier to all prospects at that position from that program not working at the next level. 

On 11/12/2020 at 2:23 AM, m haynes said:

GU? That's actually not a fact. As a matter of fact (pun intended), it was UGA.

And, as long as we're going down that road, FACT, Tom Brady couldn't even beat out Drew Henson at Michigan and they platooned. Sometimes coaches get it wrong. I'd bet that Kirby Smart wishes he had that decision back with the Fields/Fromm pick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

GU? That's actually not a fact. As a matter of fact (pun intended), it was UGA.

And, as long as we're going down that road, FACT, Tom Brady couldn't even beat out Drew Henson at Michigan and they platooned. Sometimes coaches get it wrong. I'd bet that Kirby Smart wishes he had that decision back with the Fields/Fromm pick.

For this year and probably last year, I'm sure Kirby does.  But in the short term, Fromm gave them the better chance to win.  I think we forget just how good Fromm was his first year.

39 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Wasn't this same knock on USC as a program until they pushed out Carson Palmer? Let's not pretend that a history of QB's not working in the NFL is a clear outlier to all prospects at that position from that program not working at the next level. 

I understand I have the same feeling with FLA players.   Look I didn't make my original comment just to crap on Fields.  I made it because of the pregame show that put up a chart which said his numbers go down when there's pressure in the pocket. I was supersized so I looked at (not high light films) games on U Tube.  The pressured in the pocket is hard to find because their GREAT OL gives him 4+ seconds to throw.  So I watched more games, I can do that I'm old and retired. Quess what I saw he did panic/flinched/ stop looking down field what ever you what to call it.

I'm pretty sure most of the people crapping on my comments, did nothing but watch him on Saturday and believed all sports shows. I looked.  I'm not saying he will be a bust but you better make damn sure he's worth a 2nd pick in the draft.  He not a guarantee and like I said earlier history on my side.

PS When someone uses comments like dumb ***, you don't know crap. I laugh, for some reason they think they know more than the next. Most of the time they come from homers or the Saturday TV game day expert!!!

Lastly    Thanks for your comment and reason. Valid response. I use to be that couch no it all and Mahomes shut me up fast. TT he doesn't have a chance,  you idiot!!😁

PS Do I question OSU QB, Yes I do. But I do make an effort to try to validate my comments.

Edited by m haynes

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

For this year and probably last year, I'm sure Kirby does.  But in the short term, Fromm gave them the better chance to win.  I think we forget just how good Fromm was his first year.

Perhaps this is the case, but when you do that with Fromm as a sophomore, you send the message to your freshman that you're going to do it again as a Junior and Senior (should he have come back).

Also, given the major success that a lot of freshmen have had coming/stepping in (cue the irony of Tua in OT against them the year before, not to mention guys like Jameis, Lawrence, and Manziel), I think that was also somewhat up for debate, especially given his success as a sophomore. Just my opinion! 

56 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Perhaps this is the case, but when you do that with Fromm as a sophomore, you send the message to your freshman that you're going to do it again as a Junior and Senior (should he have come back).

Also, given the major success that a lot of freshmen have had coming/stepping in (cue the irony of Tua in OT against them the year before, not to mention guys like Jameis, Lawrence, and Manziel), I think that was also somewhat up for debate, especially given his success as a sophomore. Just my opinion! 

Perfectly valid opinion, I just don't think you can fault Kirby too much for that call at the time.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Trey Lance might not even be a top 4 QB in this class. Nevermind even in the mix with TLaw and even Fields for that matter.

Definitely taking Lance over Trask/Mac. At this point have Wilson ahead of him though.

• Like 1