"So bad it's good/funny" movies?

KManX89

7 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

I just finished watching Die Another Day, and it definitely fits this thread. It was the only Pierce Brosnan Bond movie I had never watched. I think I skipped it because I knew it was going to be bad. They progressively went downhill after Goldeneye and then blew it up after this one, going in a totally different direction with the Daniel Craig movies. However, the badness of this one was just what I was in the mood for. It seemed like every other line was a bad pun, and the plot was ridiculous, even for a Bond movie. Even Brosnan himself laughed hysterically as he recalled a particularly stupid scene in a Bond documentary I watched recently.

But hey, Halle Berry in her prime...

They jumped off a cliff with this one, which necessitated blowing up the franchise the way they did.  

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

That was purposeful though 

Yeah, I don’t know the backstory, but it seems as though they were mocking Heinlein’s original novel version of Starship Troopers.

Reminds me of another good bad movie. Stephen King (aka Richard Bachman) wrote a dark book called The Running Man about a starving, sickly man running for his life from serious assassins that got turned into a movie with that character, played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, being attacked in an arena by a hockey playing sumo wrestler and an electrically charged opera singer with real-life game show host Richard Dawson doing the play-by-play.

Seriously though, anyone who likes this type of movie needs to watch two movies that are the GOAT at this other than the obvious The Room:

1. Trolls 2.  The funniest scene is the one least talked about.  There's a fire and the dad runs out and oh, here's a random fire extinguisher right here on the porch of the house I'm not aware of that I know exactly where it is.  Let me grab it. 

2. Nukie.  There are some absolutely hilarious moments in this one.  All bad hilarious.  Then there's the fact that the aliens look like they have snot dripping down their noses the entire movie.  I also remember approximately 17,000 of the exact same establishing shot.  It jumps back and forth from Africa to this building and every single time they used the same establishing shot of the building and it just got so repetitive and pointless as to be hilarious. 

On 5/4/2020 at 9:47 AM, Outpost31 said:

Trolls 2.  The funniest scene is the one least talked about.  There's a fire and the dad runs out and oh, here's a random fire extinguisher right here on the porch of the house I'm not aware of that I know exactly where it is.  Let me grab it. 

even worse, the grandpa gives the kid the fire extinguisher or something "to create confusion"

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Wasn’t Snakes On A Plane up there? I’ve never seen it, but from what I heard, it’s hilariously bad. 

Sharknado. 

Samuel L saved that movie by leaning into the absurd, which still made it fun despite being such a train wreck

• Like 1