Antonio Brown

brushmyhair

I find it hard to believe he is done. Call me crazy but I think some contender would be willing to take a chance on him if they lose their #1 option. Teams like GB/NO who have beast #1s but not a ton else. If their top dog got hurt they'd need a go-to if they want to win in the playoffs but other than that I'd say no

If he was younger and he laid low and got himself together, I could see a team taking a chance with him in a few years ala Aldon Smith.

But as of now, I find it doubtful any team wants to deal with him, even with his talent.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I find it hard to believe he is done. Call me crazy but I think some contender would be willing to take a chance on him if they lose their #1 option. Teams like GB/NO who have beast #1s but not a ton else. If their top dog got hurt they'd need a go-to if they want to win in the playoffs but other than that I'd say no

Other teams have beast WR1'S Too. GB should sign him, but they won't, not because he's crazy, but because he's a WR.

AZ, LAC, TB, ATL, all have beast WR1's too

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

If he was younger and he laid low and got himself together, I could see a team taking a chance with him in a few years ala Aldon Smith.

But as of now, I find it doubtful any team wants to deal with him, even with his talent.

heard some Ravens rumblings. Lamar wants him as does his cousin

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Nah. Not after this. This will be an unprecedented situation where a HOF lock goes to no chance at all.

There's a higher chance that he gets in than not.  

They voted OJ Simpson into the HoF, and didn't even think to rescind his membership after his conviction.  

Mark Gastineau is a good example to use since he was one of the most talented edge rushers in NFL history, yet nobody liked him for his immaturity and off-field antics.  

However, most people didn't like Terrell Owens either, and he's more directly comparable to Antonio Brown.  

It's just proof that the HoF, very much like the NFL as whole, places a higher value on pure talent than anything else.  

9 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

No since the most likely team to chance on this headcase has already been burnt by him in the raiders. 

With all his legal troubles and his ability to derail teams chemistry i doubt anyone is stupid enough to take a chance on him. Especially the playoffs team that he wants to go to like the ravens. 

Saying that Bill O'Brien is still in charge of a team so you never know in the nfl 

You think I'd be madif the Texans got a HOF WR? Lol I love DHop but I'm not silly I know AB is better than him and if we can cut him if he does anything funny then theres no harm tbh

Edited by Drained

6 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Definitely shouldn't.  But after whiffing at WR in the draft, could Rogers and the Pack get desperate enough to at least consider it?  Probably not.

How many headcases can the packers handle 

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

There's a higher chance that he gets in than not.  

No Super Bowls, not in the top 20 in Receptions, Yards or TDs. He was pacing towards these values, but he shot himself in the foot multiple times before getting a decent shot.

He's 100% not getting in. 

They voted OJ Simpson into the HoF, and didn't even think to rescind his membership after his conviction.  

OJ was already in, so why you bring up rescinding is beyond me. AB is not in, so this holds no bearing to this discussion at all. OJ was a HoF once his transgressions took center stage, AB wasn't.

Mark Gastineau is a good example to use since he was one of the most talented edge rushers in NFL history, yet nobody liked him for his immaturity and off-field antics.  

He had a good run for about 3-5 years, but he was NEVER HoF material. His efforts were quickly overshadowed by superior players such as Bruce Smith, Chris Doleman, Reggie White, etc.

He was the Shawn Alexander of DEs from that time; Very good, but largely forgettable when compared to Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson, etc.

However, most people didn't like Terrell Owens either, and he's more directly comparable to Antonio Brown

There's a significant difference between what Terrell Owens did (a locker room cancer who was relatively harmless outside of football) and what Antonio Brown did (a locker room cancer who sexually assulted women and threatened them if they tried to come forth to the media). There is also the production piece of it - Owens ended his career in the top 5 of every major WR statistic, grouped with Rice, Fitzgerald and Moss. Brown did not - and is never going to get there.

To summarize - Terrell Owens was the better football player, and the better human being. There is actually no comparison whatsoever, other than they both played WR.

It's just proof that the HoF, very much like the NFL as whole, places a higher value on pure talent than anything else.  

But if the "pure talent" kicks themselves out of the conversation before they get into it, it's a moot point. Antonio Brown had a run as the best WR in football, maybe a 5-6 year run. But, that's not long enough to justify a HoF career.

• Like 5

Despite everything, I am heartbroken he will never likely get in or finish his career as an all time great Steeler.

I was so excited to see him become one of the best WRs ever.     He was up there with Troy Polamalu as my favorite Steelers player ever, and I was wait to see him shatter all the Steelers records and some NFL records.

And it was so sudden too.  I mean, sure, there were warning signs, but nothing that made me believe that he would go from simply being a diva WR to a complete nutcase who was out of football in the course of one year.

Just so sad.     I hope he gets his life back on track, at least for his kids' sake.    

I could perhaps see him playing again in 2021, but its a longshot.    He is on the wrong side of 30 and most teams arent going to take the risk and the unwanted attention they will get, especially if things go south.   

• Like 3

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Packers should consider him. They have a strong lockeroom and culture to handle a nutcase like him.

They don't want WR's. They don't care about his issues, they only care about the position he plays. I'd love to see him on the same team as Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers should demand they sign him or he'll hold out. I doubt GB wants to play Jordan Love too early. They don't want to ruin him