Antonio Brown

brushmyhair

14 hours ago, Bassomatic said:

So did the Steelers. We all saw how that turned out. They're still recovering from it. And before anybody tries to make this about Ben Roethlisberger, it should be noted that Aaron Rodgers has received much of the same criticism as him. Both have had their leadership questioned, and both have reputations for being difficult to work with.

Yeah, that's because Ben acts like he is the CEO of the team.  He feels like he can go to practice whenever he wants to and has Colbert brainwashed into believing that he's above all the other players.  

Pittsburgh is so afraid to part with Big Ben, because they feel like it's going to be another 20+ years until they find another QB at his level.  The value they place on him at almost 40 years old is unbelievable.  

Rodgers kind of has the same influence on his team (well, not really because of how LaFleur and Gutekunst handled the draft), but he's still playing at a much higher level for being just 2 years younger than Ben.  

Pittsburgh is following Ben around with a golden toilet seat, and Green Bay is quietly telling Rodgers to piss off.  

That's the difference between the two. 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Edelman is also a d* but he's about 40 leagues less of one.

Oh ok.  

Getting arrested for vandalizing someone else's vehicle all because of his own anger issues.  

No, that's not at Antonio Brown's level at all.  

Pssst.......I'd change that profile picture if I were you.  It's kind of unbecoming.  

16 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Oh ok.  

Getting arrested for vandalizing someone else's vehicle all because of his own anger issues.  

Pssst.......I'd change that profile picture if I were you.  It's kind of unbecoming.  

Pssst.....

you better check on your girlfriend.....

_gNievIC_qCSXC7q_bjgB1_vWjtKcZj1QOs3Hm2o

4 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Oh ok.  

AB makes Edelman look like a saint. He makes everyone look like a saint. But his talent can only be ignored for so long

12 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Yeah, that's because Ben acts like he is the CEO of the team.  He feels like he can go to practice whenever he wants to and has Colbert brainwashed into believing that he's above all the other players.  

Pittsburgh is so afraid to part with Big Ben, because they feel like it's going to be another 20+ years until they find another QB at his level.  The value they place on him at almost 40 years old is unbelievable.  

Rodgers kind of has the same influence on his team (well, not really because of how LaFleur and Gutekunst handled the draft), but he's still playing at a much higher level for being just 2 years younger than Ben.  

Pittsburgh is following Ben around with a golden toilet seat, and Green Bay is quietly telling Rodgers to piss off.  

Don't forget the questionable offseason activities.

14 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Its hard to keep up with your never ending stream of nonsense.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If football knowledge were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow the knee caps off a flea. Half the forum has this troll on ignore at this point.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Username checks out 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If football knowledge were dynamite, he wouldn't have enough to blow the knee caps off a flea. Half the forum has this troll on ignore at this point.

I'm very glad I'm not going crazy, because I legit thought to myself "I mean, I can't be wrong on this... right? Is he right, am I wrong? Am I concussed by Covid-19, is this real life?"

Some of these posts really, REALLY made me question reality. I mean, I felt like the forum was turning into my own version of Shutter Island...

Or, maybe we are all crazy. I dunno.

• Like 5

^ Idk. The guy definitely tends to have some really off takes but I honestly don't think the one that led to the blowout in this thread was that crazy - that Antonio Brown is a HOF type player. Don't think he'll get in for obvious reasons but I thought saying "Antonio Brown didn't dominate the NFL" was a reach...that guy definitely dominated over that like 3-4 year stretch...as a Ravens fan I know that all too well. 

20 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Don't think he'll get in for obvious reasons but I thought saying "Antonio Brown didn't dominate the NFL" was a reach...that guy definitely dominated over that like 3-4 year stretch...as a Ravens fan I know that all too well. 

Well, I guess that raises my question - is a 3-6 year stretch enough? Hall of Fame guys tend to have a full decade of work that can be defined as dominant - not half of that. Or, they have a 3-6 year window of dominance, followed by a 2-4 year window of "really, really good" production.

Antonio Brown doesn't have that... and might never have that, given his excommunicated status. Those 3-6 years were good enough to get him inside the top 30 of every major receiving category, not even top 15. For all intents and purposes, his numbers will stay in that range and only go down from here, as others start to leapfrog him. As stated earlier, Brandon Marshall tops AB in every single "All Time" stat with a two year head start - does that mean Marshall has the numbers to get in? I'd say no, but maybe he does, I don't know.

Recency bias tells us that AB was one of the top 3-4 WRs in the league during his run, and that run extended through the '10s. Unlike most guys who have a gradual decline of numbers (a guy going from 120/1700/15 to 100/1200/12 to 90/1180/9) AB just fell to 0/0/0. Will he come back? Given how nuclear he went in Oakland, I doubt it. But, given all of this data (and not factoring in the off field drama) is there a stance where anyone can say this he's going to get in?

If so... why? Give me a compelling case.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Well, I guess that raises my question - is a 3-6 year stretch enough? Hall of Fame guys tend to have a full decade of work that can be defined as dominant - not half of that. Or, they have a 3-6 year window of dominance, followed by a 2-4 year window of "really, really good" production.

Antonio Brown doesn't have that... and might never have that, given his excommunicated status. Those 3-6 years were good enough to get him inside the top 30 of every major receiving category, not even top 15. For all intents and purposes, his numbers will stay in that range and only go down from here, as others start to leapfrog him. As stated earlier, Brandon Marshall tops AB in every single "All Time" stat with a two year head start - does that mean Marshall has the numbers to get in? I'd say no, but maybe he does, I don't know.

Recency bias tells us that AB was one of the top 3-4 WRs in the league during his run, and that run extended through the '10s. Unlike most guys who have a gradual decline of numbers (a guy going from 120/1700/15 to 100/1200/12 to 90/1180/9) AB just fell to 0/0/0. Will he come back? Given how nuclear he went in Oakland, I doubt it. But, given all of this data (and not factoring in the off field drama) is there a stance where anyone can say this he's going to get in?

Again, I don't think he gets in. For a lot of the reasons you mention.

I just think trying to insinuate AB didn't dominate the league when he was at his peak is going too far in the other direction to try and strengthen the argument that he won't get in.

Antonio Brown could have dominated the NFL for a period of time, and Antonio Brown can still not be a HOFer.

It can entirely be the case that both of those statements are true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

I just think trying to insinuate AB didn't dominate the league when he was at his peak is going too far in the other direction to try and strengthen the argument that he won't get in.

Very fair. I can acknowledge this as a flaw in my argument.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Well you have to factor in his off field drama.  Think of it this way....

You say his numbers went from great WR numbers to ZERO, which is true, but what if that had been the result of a career ending injury?  I have to believe his chances of getting in under those circumstances would be much higher than his basically being blacklisted for bad behavior from the NFL.

So, you have to factor in WHY his numbers just magically disappeared.

Career ending injury =  he still most likely would be a HOF 

Being a sociopath =  not nearly as likely to be a HOF.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You say his numbers went from great WR numbers to ZERO, which is true, but what if that had been the result of a career ending injury?  I have to believe his chances of getting in under those circumstances would be much higher than his basically being blacklisted for bad behavior from the NFL.

Thank you so much for this. You just gave me a strong comparison...

Ricky Williams. Williams was on an incredibly big pace with Miami, then retired for his "substance abuse" situation, then came back at a lesser pace. The time off and continued issues led to a career that has him as the 31st ranked rusher of all time, 38th ranked in terms of rushing TDs. 

There were clear issues that restricted his on field production. Nonetheless, he left at a point where he was averaging 100+ a game for Miami over his first two years there, a little over 12 TDs in those seasons. It was clear he was the centerpiece of that Miami offense, and would have been the centerpiece well into his tenure - but then, he retired. 

Is Ricky Williams a HoFer?