Hypothetical Top 2 2021 Draft Order Scenario. Jacksonville and Chicago

brushmyhair

19 hours ago, Danger said:

If I'm Trevor Lawrence that seems like a lose lose situation, but I'd probably rather be in Chicago than Jacksonville all in all. 

Why? Jacksonville has a much better offense. The Bears have a better overall roster, but Jacksonville has a very nice group of receivers and some good young OL The Bears have very little to get excited about when talking about the future offensively. 

20 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why? Jacksonville has a much better offense. The Bears have a better overall roster, but Jacksonville has a very nice group of receivers and some good young OL The Bears have very little to get excited about when talking about the future offensively. 

Because the Jags ownership/management has been dreadful. Also Chicago has a far superior defense. If I'm TLaw I'm confident in my abilities to turn around that team they just need to invest some capital into weapons around me not much. The Jags are in purgatory.

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

Because the Jags ownership/management has been dreadful. Also Chicago has a far superior defense. If I'm TLaw I'm confident in my abilities to turn around that team they just need to invest some capital into weapons around me not much. The Jags are in purgatory.

I think if any team is stuck in purgatory, it’s the Bears. They weren’t sure whether to go all in or all out and now look to be all out unless Foles is wonderful somehow. 

On 5/3/2020 at 1:31 PM, brushmyhair said:

Jacksonville picks 1st

Chicago picks 2nd

Does Lawrence pull an Eli to end up in Chicago over Jacksonville. My guess is no. But if he tried, if the events with Yannick Ngokue have taught us anything, Jacksonville would disregard a stunt like that immediately and take him anyway. It's not like Lawrence would give up playing football because he wanted to play for the Bears and not the Jaguars. He'd play football because he loves the game. Plus Jacksonville is close enough to home for him anyway. Even though Lawrence would be a great draw for the Bears. They've been in QB Purgatory for who knows how long. But I'm sure Justin Fields would be great for the Bears as well

Sunshine comes down to the Sunshine state, gets numero uno salary from his draft class and pays no state taxes. I am sure he'll enjoy playing for my Jaguars. Especially when Khan decides to take yet another home game away from us in favor of London. 

They're on the cusp of getting this team out of market. It's not like it's a death sentence to play here anymore. Despite what the mainstream media likes to say about us. We won't support a team in a small market. On the contrary. We can't afford to support a losing product that's netted us one double digit winning season over the last decade with the remaining years being riddled with double digit losses. 

If Burrow can stick it out for the Bengals? Lawrence can certainly stick it out for the Jaguars. At least we have the beach and some decent fishing spots to enjoy during the off season.  

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Again, if the Jags are picking first then I doubt management will be around. The Jags will have also have the Rams first next year and 100M+ in caproom. If Lawrence is as good as advertised, then the Jags could turn it around real quick.

3 hours ago, Drachma said:

Sunshine comes down to the Sunshine state, gets numero uno salary from his draft class and pays no state taxes. I am sure he'll enjoy playing for my Jaguars. Especially when Khan decides to take yet another home game away from us in favor of London. 

They're on the cusp of getting this team out of market. It's not like it's a death sentence to play here anymore. Despite what the mainstream media likes to say about us. We won't support a team in a small market. On the contrary. We can't afford to support a losing product that's netted us one double digit winning season over the last decade with the remaining years being riddled with double digit losses. 

If Burrow can stick it out for the Bengals? Lawrence can certainly stick it out for the Jaguars. At least we have the beach and some decent fishing spots to enjoy during the off season.  

Lawrence can save the jags from a permanent move to london

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think if any team is stuck in purgatory, it’s the Bears. They weren’t sure whether to go all in or all out and now look to be all out unless Foles is wonderful somehow. 

The bears have been in qb purgatory since mcmahon. Hester and the defense helped them get to the SB in 06 with grossman

On 5/13/2020 at 2:47 PM, Danger said:

The Jaguars drafting has been far from dreadful. There's a difference between being bad at identifying and drafting a young QB (which has been their problem) and drafting talent. If we had a competent QB with the drafts/talent brought in the past several years this team/organization is seen in a much different light.

On 5/9/2020 at 3:34 PM, INbengalfan said:

But it's ;less than 1%.  It has happened twice in 40 years (which would be 5%) but there are far more than one QB in a given draft class.  ESPN has to have something to talk about, so they make crap up, especially this year with the shutdown, and SAS being a huge Steeler fan.  But this isn't ESPN, there are no ratings, so making it up really doesn't do much.  In fact, the OP has had to remind us at least three times that this is a good topic in the hopes of generating more discussion.  The masses have spoken.  It isn't.

It happens a lot more than 1% for the top quarterbacks. The Jacoby Brissetts and Mason Rudolphs do not have the leverage to matter. But the  Elways, Mannings, and Kosars do or did have the leverage to make their attitudes matter. And these are just the ones that caused dramatic changes to the draft; I'm sure others influenced events behind the scenes. Like Burrow.

I don't care what the SAS's of the world do, cuz I don't care what ever comes out of their loud mouths. But the teams care what these quarterbacks do or say. Ron Meyer is long gone.

4 hours ago, Techbert said:

It happens a lot more than 1% for the top quarterbacks. The Jacoby Brissetts and Mason Rudolphs do not have the leverage to matter. But the  Elways, Mannings, and Kosars do or did have the leverage to make their attitudes matter. And these are just the ones that caused dramatic changes to the draft; I'm sure others influenced events behind the scenes. Like Burrow.

I don't care what the SAS's of the world do, cuz I don't care what ever comes out of their loud mouths. But the teams care what these quarterbacks do or say. Ron Meyer is long gone.

The talking heads want players to demand these things so they don't have to go to certain towns to cover them.