Jump to content

Hypothetical Top 2 2021 Draft Order Scenario. Jacksonville and Chicago


Recommended Posts

On 5/6/2020 at 11:40 PM, CWood21 said:

Aside from the fact that I don't think Chicago will be bad enough to be picking this high, are we sure that Jacksonville is a worse situation than Chicago?

The QB's will be giving great field position to the opposing teams. It'll be like when the Bucs flipped back and forth with Winston and Fitzpatrick

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 12:59 PM, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t get the obsession with people pushing the “Pull an Eli” narrative on top QB prospects. It’s happened once, in 2003, nearly 20 years ago. Why do we talk about this like it’s the norm? 

It's not the norm, but it could be "Pull an Elway" or "Pull a Kosar." Even if it only happens 5% or 10% of the time, that is significant, cuz quarterback. I would not obsess over it, but it is a calculation.

Cincy blew a wad of free agent money, not all of it wise spending IMHO, cuz they wanted to show Joe Burrow that they were "committed to winning." I dunno. Mebbe if they had not done so, we'd be talking about "pulling a Burrow" for the next decade or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Techbert said:

Even if it only happens 5% or 10% of the time, that is significant, cuz quarterback. I would not obsess over it, but it is a calculation.

But it's ;less than 1%.  It has happened twice in 40 years (which would be 5%) but there are far more than one QB in a given draft class.  ESPN has to have something to talk about, so they make crap up, especially this year with the shutdown, and SAS being a huge Steeler fan.  But this isn't ESPN, there are no ratings, so making it up really doesn't do much.  In fact, the OP has had to remind us at least three times that this is a good topic in the hopes of generating more discussion.  The masses have spoken.  It isn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 12:34 PM, INbengalfan said:

But it's ;less than 1%.  It has happened twice in 40 years (which would be 5%) but there are far more than one QB in a given draft class.  ESPN has to have something to talk about, so they make crap up, especially this year with the shutdown, and SAS being a huge Steeler fan.  But this isn't ESPN, there are no ratings, so making it up really doesn't do much.  In fact, the OP has had to remind us at least three times that this is a good topic in the hopes of generating more discussion.  The masses have spoken.  It isn't.

Stephen A Smith hates the Cowboys more than he likes the steelers

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 2:40 AM, CWood21 said:

Aside from the fact that I don't think Chicago will be bad enough to be picking this high, are we sure that Jacksonville is a worse situation than Chicago?

I'm not even talking about from a pure football perspective. They've just been a bad organization who may or may not be on the mend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 6:37 PM, brushmyhair said:

I don't think the smaller vs bigger market stuff would make Lawrence prefer Chicago over Jacksonville, I think if anything, it'd be the chaotic front office and coaching staff that could sway him. 

I’d assume if the Jags are picking 1st, then the coaching staff and front office probably won’t be around. If Lawrence is as good as every says, then I’d think Khan would have plenty of coaches interested in hitching their wagon to him.

Not to mention the Jags would have another first rounder (possibly high depending on the Rams) and over 100M in cap space. I’m biased, but I think the Jags situation would be highly desirable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...