Hypothetical Top 2 2021 Draft Order Scenario. Jacksonville and Chicago

brushmyhair

On 5/13/2020 at 3:23 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I think if any team is stuck in purgatory, it’s the Bears. They weren’t sure whether to go all in or all out and now look to be all out unless Foles is wonderful somehow. 

I actually think the Bears have a decent shot at winning the division this year.  Yeah, Trubisky is an all-out bust, but that defense is still nothing to sneeze at.  They can get the Bears 7 or 8 wins on their own.  Foles could be enough to get them a few wins, and even with Trubisky, they might be able to pull out 10 or 11 wins this year. 

The Vikings have a lot of young guys and this isn't a good year to go in with a big crop of rookies.  It's a reload season for us, and I don't see us doing much.

The Packers front office just declared themselves in a period of transition with the draft they had.  The amount of luck they had to go 13-3 last year is more than likely not going to happen again.  It's between the Bears and Packers for the division this year, and if Rodgers flakes out with the new QB situation, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see that team melt down quite a bit.  They have a brutal schedule too.

The Lions?  They have a lot of talent on that team - far more than last year's record would indicate.  My guess is that the team will probably give up on Matt Patricia this year because he isn't much of a people person.  You never know though.  Maybe he can finally put it together.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 1:47 PM, Uncle Buck said:

I actually think the Bears have a decent shot at winning the division this year.

If they win the division, that speaks more to how Green Bay and Minnesota did IMO then what Chicago did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t see it. I think it’s much likelier they finish last. 

If Mitsubishi or Foles (behind that OL especially) gets them to more than a .500 record I'd be shocked.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If Mitsubishi or Foles (behind that OL especially) gets them to more than a .500 record I'd be shocked.

Who needs an OL when you can run the 10 TE offense?  Who is staying in?  Who is running a route?

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 11:47 AM, Uncle Buck said:

I actually think the Bears have a decent shot at winning the division this year.  Yeah, Trubisky is an all-out bust, but that defense is still nothing to sneeze at.  They can get the Bears 7 or 8 wins on their own.  Foles could be enough to get them a few wins, and even with Trubisky, they might be able to pull out 10 or 11 wins this year. 

The Vikings have a lot of young guys and this isn't a good year to go in with a big crop of rookies.  It's a reload season for us, and I don't see us doing much.

The Packers front office just declared themselves in a period of transition with the draft they had.  The amount of luck they had to go 13-3 last year is more than likely not going to happen again.  It's between the Bears and Packers for the division this year, and if Rodgers flakes out with the new QB situation, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see that team melt down quite a bit.  They have a brutal schedule too.

The Lions?  They have a lot of talent on that team - far more than last year's record would indicate.  My guess is that the team will probably give up on Matt Patricia this year because he isn't much of a people person.  You never know though.  Maybe he can finally put it together.

I think they'd throw this season to right a wrong from 3 years ago. 

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

Sewell Goes no earlier than 3. 

That’s make more sense. Even if I needed a OT, I’d still probably trade back some spots and get one. I think a top OT provides a more limited return on the investment compared to several other positions.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:59 PM, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t get the obsession with people pushing the “Pull an Eli” narrative on top QB prospects. It’s happened once, in 2003, nearly 20 years ago. Why do we talk about this like it’s the norm? 

he just made a debate. sheesh. Would you want to go to the Jags? RIP your career real quick

On 5/27/2020 at 1:53 PM, NFL_Fan said:

he just made a debate. sheesh. Would you want to go to the Jags? RIP your career real quick

...these type of takes kill me every. single. time.

Who would want to go to a franchise that hasn't had "the guy" at the QB position since the 90s/early 00's and be the guy to put them back on the map? These guys definitely don't have a competitive bone in their body nor want to be the guy to turn a franchise around I'm sure...

On 5/21/2020 at 1:05 AM, CWood21 said:

If they win the division, that speaks more to how Green Bay and Minnesota did IMO then what Chicago did.

It seemed like the Bears underachieved last year.  Compared to the previous season they sure did.  I just see the Packers and Vikings as being two teams in transition, and that could hurt us both.