naptownskinsfan

Redskins 2020 Schedule Announcement

58 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The 2020 schedule should be announced this week.  

Oh boy! Now we get to make all our wrong predictions! Haha 🤣 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The 2020 schedule should be announced this week.  

Heck yeah!!! I’m glad it came after the draft!!! I’m glad I got total focus on drafts without trying to factor in schedule.

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Heck yeah!!! I’m glad it came after the draft!!! I’m glad I got total focus on drafts without trying to factor in schedule.

Very true.  I am a bit surprised personally.  I thought for sure that they would be holding off on releasing it to see what some of the other major sports leagues decide to do.  

Most of you know I have Redskins and Orioles tickets.  The Redskins have checked in a few times and are offering extensions to payments even into the season without penalties.  The only thing is that, until you pay for a game, you can't sell them.  The Orioles just offered 125% credit for the games not played (the credit can carry through 2022 and can go towards season ticket plans) or you can get a full refund.  

Given that people are still in the middle of paying for tickets though........it's smart for business as people will hopefully (for them) continue to pay their invoices.  

Update: Schedules are being released this Thursday at 8 pm.  I'm sure ESPN will have an unveiling since there isn't anything else to cover. 

2 things I'd like to see from Schedule
1.Mid to late Bye week
2.Weak games early to try to get Haskins confidence up

Prediction Week 1 game will be home vs Carolina
Rivera vs Old team,and it would mean less travel within the Pandemic

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

1.Mid to late Bye week

I feel like we normally open up against NFCE opponents though, whether that's home or away.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

1.Mid to late Bye week

The only thing I care about is that Trent Williams has to play for the 49ers at the big post office next year and gets booed like crazy! Lmao 🤣 

Seems like a smart idea for NFL allow them to cancel out of conference games if Virus lasts longer

Would also Likely mean Borrow vs Chase week 1 for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

Seems like a smart idea for NFL allow them to cancel out of conference games if Virus lasts longer

Would also Likely mean Borrow vs Chase week 1 for us.

That could be the game for the #1 pick!!

Posted (edited)

Yep, I'm doubling down on our floor being 6-10 for the season. Possibly better, depending on the schedule layout. We'll see...

Reason 1: up until the 2019 season where Rivera was fired after going 5-7. (Incomplete season) He never was worse than 6-10 as the head coach of Carolina & that only happened twice. (2011 & 2016) And only once, was that bad enough for last place in the Division. Not bad, considering Brees for the Saints & Ryan for the Falcons have represented that competition from that same Division over that same time span. However, he won the Division in 3 Consecutive seasons. (2013-2015)

Reason 2: The Redskins are predicted by most pundits to be the worst team in the league or close to it. Not only do I not see that, I'm not sure a Rivera led Redskins team will be worst in its own Division. You have 3 new Coaches coming in to their new respected teams in Rivera-Redskins, Mcarthy-Cowboys & Judge-Giants. Judge is a first time head coach as well. You could argue they have less talent overall as a team & especially on the Defensive side of the ball. Both Dallas & Philly have possible QB quandaries in their near future. This Division is as open as any Division in the League, with the exception to the AFC East now. I think the Redskins could easily go 3-3 in this Division alone, which already would match their total # of wins from last year. Would it really be that surprising to see a sweep of a talent deficiency Giants team, with a new head coach & splitting the series with either the Eagles or Cowboys? BOOM! 3 wins already....

Reason 3: The Redskins get newcomer coach Matt Rule-Carolina at home. A team rebuilding like the Redskins. A very winnable game. They also get the Bengals at home, who will be starting rookie Joe Burrow most likely. The only team who picked before us in the draft. Another winnable game. So there are 2 games here that are not only at home, but 2 teams I expect to beat this year.

Lions, Cardinals & Browns are 3 very winnable road games. Sure, the Cardinals & Browns have added talent over the last couple seasons, but are not getting consistent play from their QB's or consistent winning from their coaches. These are 3 very winnable games, imo.

So what do we have here?

3 wins in Division

2 Wins over Bengals & Carolina at home

& 3 Wins over Lions, Cardinals & Browns on the road.

That's 8 very good possible wins, imo.

What we do against Steelers, Ravens, Niners, Seahawks & Rams are going to be our toughest games.

These games will be the true test, of how good a team we have.

So let's wait & see how this schedule plays out for us.

I have 6-10 as our floor because of our talent & coaching....

And 8-8 as our ceiling at the moment, because of who we play & where.

Personally, anything better than 8-8 would be a successful season under Rivera & Co.

Edited by aceinthehouse

For Immediate Release               

May 7, 2020

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

TO HOST FIRST EVER 2020 SCHEDULE RELEASE LIVE

Head Coach Ron Rivera will lead an all-star lineup including Academy Award winning actor

Matthew McConaughey, acclaimed director Peter Berg, coaching legend Urban Meyer and many more

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – Tonight, for the first time, the Washington Redskins will reveal its 2020 season schedule, prior to the NFL’s full schedule release, during the largest virtual team celebration in the entire NFL. 

The Washington Redskins Schedule Release Live presented by Pepsi will feature superstar guest appearances by Matthew McConaugheyPeter BergJon Bernthal, Urban Meyer and many more.  Fans can join this innovative digital experience via livestream on Redskins.com, the Redskins Facebook & Redskins Twitter pages, as well as live on NBC Sports Washington. 

During the first hour of the show beginning at 7 p.m. ET, Academy Award winning actor Matthew McConaughey, acclaimed director Peter Berg, The Punisher star Jon Bernthal, CNBC’s Halftime Report host Scott Wapner and NFL Network and FOX Sports analyst Peter Schrager will all weigh in on this historic night and their outlook for the 2020 NFL season.

At 7:30 p.m. ET, Head Coach Ron Rivera will appear for instant reaction and analysis of the 2020 schedule.

Starting at 9 p.m. ET, following the 2020 NFL Schedule Release on the NFL Network, the Redskins’ livestreamed event will resume with appearances by former Ohio State Head Coach Urban Meyer, and current Redskins players Adrian PetersonChase Young, Ryan Kerrigan, and Thomas Davis Sr

Redskins legends Joe TheismannSantana Moss and London Fletcher will close out the event with a game-by-game schedule breakdown and discussion of their greatest memories playing against the 2020 Redskins opponents.

The Redskins Larry Michael, alumni Fred Smoot and Brian Mitchell will host the event.

Event registration is free for all fans at Redskins.com/ScheduleRelease. 

Rumored to be...
Week 1-4: Out-of-Conference games
Week 5-6: Equal-place Conference games
Week 7-10: Divisional games/Bye weeks
Week 11-14: Inter-conference games
Week 15-17: Divisional games

If this is true? I'm guessing it will be...

Wk-1=Bengals (Burrow vs Young)
Wk-2=@Browns
Wk-3=@Steelers
Wk-4=Ravens 
Wk-5=Panthers (Primetime)
Wk-6=@Lions
Wk-7=Bye
Wk-8=@Eagles
Wk-9=Cowboys (Primetime)
Wk-10=Eagles
Wk-11=@Cardinals
Wk-12=Seahawks
Wk-13=Rams
Wk-14=@Niners (Primetime)
Wk-15=@Giants
Wk-16=@Cowboys
Wk-17=Giants

Crazy to think we can get 3 primetime games with our terrible record from last yr.

But I think it happens. I think Rivera & Del Rio coming to DC at least gives the spectator's a reasonable desire to see what we do this year.

I see Carolina for obvious reasons...

Dallas cause it's like breathing air...

And Niners cause of Shanahan & now Trent Williams.

Chase Young & Trent Williams is definitely good for ratings I would imagine.

So, that's my guess.

10 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I refuse to associate myself with anything that involved Larry Michael.

But what about the SKINTANGIBLES

• Like 2