Redskins 2020 Schedule Announcement

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2982e39a51b01899a7c4

JMU film crew sucks, but you get the picture, at least I hope.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2018-jmu-jimmy-moreland-interception-1-cici

Can't get the videos to load. But that was his 3rd pick-6 in 3 straight games. It was against Richmond. The link I posted has all three of the back-to-back-to-back pick 6's. And has a better longer range shot of the one you posted.

Once he has the ball in his hands, he is fantastic about using his blockers. I think I posted last year about how the thing at JMU was, when there is an INT, block the WRs and the QB. Because the DB should be able to outrun the OL.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2018-jmu-jimmy-moreland-interception-1-cici

Can't get the videos to load. But that was his 3rd pick-6 in 3 straight games. It was against Richmond. The link I posted has all three of the back-to-back-to-back pick 6's. And has a better longer range shot of the one you posted.

Once he has the ball in his hands, he is fantastic about using his blockers. I think I posted last year about how the thing at JMU was, when there is an INT, block the WRs and the QB. Because the DB should be able to outrun the OL.

I’ve always hated to compare him to Darrell Green, but I can’t stop seeing a Green type player when I watch him, especially on those returns.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We’re not beating the Lions in Detroit and if Matt Stanford is healthy. Let’s not forget that we beat David Blough and we beat them at home. If we win that game I’ll be extremely happy, bc we haven’t won in DC in years, maybe since the Moss punt return days of 11 or 12 years ago.

I don’t think the Bengals are going to be good at all, and I’ll be shocked if Burrow has a great rookie season considering COVID-19. The Bengals have a good RB, good receivers a decent OL - if healthy - and a few good defenders but overall their defense is trash. 

I think we win 2 or 3 games in the division and 2 or 3 games out of the division. We’ll get 4 to 6 wins IMO.

It’s not pretty though, w/o Haskins totally turning into a top half of the league QB this year the Redskins are very unlikely to sniff around .500 this year. Almost assuredly a top 5 pick next year again.

I'm thinking Detroit struggles again this year, and they might not have much to play for when they come to Raljon.  

I think Burrow is a high floor guy at this point, and I think he starts immediately.  With the supporting cast on offense, I don't think he does too badly this year.  

I will agree that the division games can always go either way.  But on paper, I just don't see us getting more than two in the division, but that's why we play the games.  

I'm still thinking it's a top 3 pick this year sadly.  

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm thinking Detroit struggles again this year, and they might not have much to play for when they come to Raljon.  

I think Burrow is a high floor guy at this point, and I think he starts immediately.  With the supporting cast on offense, I don't think he does too badly this year.  

I will agree that the division games can always go either way.  But on paper, I just don't see us getting more than two in the division, but that's why we play the games.  

I'm still thinking it's a top 3 pick this year sadly.  

We play at Detroit. I can’t remember us winning there this decade, but I could be wrong. I don’t remember us winning there since Santana Moss’s punt return for a TD in 2008 I think or whenever Detroit went 0-16, we even almost lost to them then. We’ve always sucked in the Silver Dome or Ford Dome. 

And I do think Burrow is going to be fine, I think he’ll be Dalton like as a rookie, but the reason I think we beat the Bengals is bc their D is awful. So, if our DL dominates most of the year - like it should - and our O plays well bc it’s playing a bad D, I think we can win those games. The same goes for our games w/ the Giants, I think we split w/ them for the same reason and we sneak another win from the Cowboys or Eagles. So, that’s 3 wins and somewhere along the way we’ll probably win 1 or 2 that we don’t expect bc usually that happens. 

So I think 6 is the ceiling, most likely we’re looking at 4 or 5 wins though. I definitely think a top 3 pick is a strong possibility but mostly likely we’ll be picking around 5 like in 2012.

Edited by turtle28

In a memo from Goodell sent to all teams, the refund policy is to issue a full refund for any games played without an audience, or apply it as a credit towards future games/seasons, for tickets purchased directly from the team. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/nfl-provides-teams-ticket-refund-policy-amid-coronavirus-uncertainties

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

PFF seems to have us higher than consensus. 

Only one of those teams needs a QB, unless Minshew balls out.  Daniel Jones could fall into the same category as Haskins- if he regresses, the Giants could take someone else.  Could be an interesting year for trades at the top with the QBs.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Only one of those teams needs a QB, unless Minshew balls out.  Daniel Jones could fall into the same category as Haskins- if he regresses, the Giants could take someone else.  Could be an interesting year for trades at the top with the QBs.  

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been thinking too. 

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Agreed on spots 2-5. But any team outside of KC with the #1 pick is drafting Trevor Lawrence and trading their current QB. 

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Agreed on spots 2-5. But any team outside of KC with the #1 pick is drafting Trevor Lawrence and trading their current QB. 

I don’t agree with that. I don’t think the Chargers would take Trevor Lawrence after just drafting Herbert, same w/ the Dolphins & Tua and obviously the Bengals and Burrow.

I don’t think what the Cardinals did with trading Rosen and drafting Murray will become a norm. I think that was an albatross bc of Kingsbury being hired, him going with a spread offense and knowing a QB like Murray would be perfect for his offense.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t agree with that. I don’t think the Chargers would take Trevor Lawrence after just drafting Herbert, same w/ the Dolphins & Tua and obviously the Bengals and Burrow.

I don’t think what the Cardinals did with trading Rosen and drafting Murray will become a norm. I think that was an albatross bc of Kingsbury being hired, him going with a spread offense and knowing a QB like Murray would be perfect for his offense.

Trevor Lawrence will be the best QB prospect to come out since Luck. It’s now more of a QB-driven league than ever. I would be shocked if any team passes that up, regardless of who they drafted the year before. 

18 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Trevor Lawrence will be the best QB prospect to come out since Luck. It’s now more of a QB-driven league than ever. I would be shocked if any team passes that up, regardless of who they drafted the year before. 

It will be interesting to see what happens if any of those teams or even the Redskins end up with the #1 or 2 pick. I will believe that the Cardinals were an albatross in 2019 until that becomes a trend.