Arizona Cardinals: Post-Hopkins Trade?

JaguarCrazy2832

99% of the Hopkins trade talk has been "What the heck was BOB thinking?" and rightfully so but just how much better will the Cardinals be after trading for the All-Pro WR?

I know they were 5-10-1 but you'd think Hopkins would be a huge addition to the offense and help out Kyler tremendously. 

Anyone think they will be a playoff contender this year or is there division too difficult to make the leap?

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

They’re going to be a lot of fun to watch, but they’re in the toughest or 2nd toughest division in the NFL.

Definitely the toughest.  You won’t find a better last place team next year than the Rams.  

• Like 13

Having Hopkins opposite to Fitzgerald is quite the arsenal, but they honestly need a better QB.  

Murray doesn't have it. 

Hopkins would be great for a better QB (hence why he should have stayed at Houston), but he might have just went to Arizona to kill his own career.  

Good thing for Hopkins is that Larry won't be in the league for much longer, but who knows how he's going to pan out there.  

20 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Having Hopkins opposite to Fitzgerald is quite the arsenal, but they honestly need a better QB.  

Murray doesn't have it. 

Hopkins would be great for a better QB (hence why he should have stayed at Houston), but he might have just went to Arizona to kill his own career.  

Good thing for Hopkins is that Larry won't be in the league for much longer, but who knows how he's going to pan out there.  

I swear you have the strangest opinions I've seen on this forum. Kyler Murray is the reigning OROY and yet despite this, you've already concluded that he "doesn't have it"? Why is that?

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I swear you have the strangest opinions I've seen on this forum. Kyler Murray is the reigning OROY and yet despite this, you've already concluded that he "doesn't have it"? Why is that?

well to be fair kyler shouldnt have own OROY at all. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You have actually read his Forum name right? If ever it applied to a poster, he'd be it.🍺

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I agree but it’s not like he sucked or anything. It’s hard to watch him last year and conclude that he doesn’t have it. 

I'm just commenting on the OROY thing not really meaning anything. he was pretty much what you expect from a rookie qb last year. I don't think he sucks or will suck based on it.

47 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Don't expect a logical answer...

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

They’re going to be a lot of fun to watch, but they’re in the toughest or 2nd toughest division in the NFL.

Yes, there's a clear issue with the level of competition in the NFCW. All four of these teams have a strength that could take them far, but all four have a weakness that could put them in the cellar. Arizona is probably the most complete offense in the division now (especially if that OL can get their act together) San Francisco is the most complete defense in the division, Seattle has the best coaching of the four and LAC has the best individual player in Aaron Donald.

I can see Arizona going anywhere between 7-9 to 11-5. Same can be said about everyone in the division, actually.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm just commenting on the OROY thing not really meaning anything. he was pretty much what you expect from a rookie qb last year. I don't think he sucks or will suck based on it.

It does mean something, it’s not like they just gave it to a random dude to be edgy. He was clearly among the best offensive rookies last season (even if he wasn’t the best).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It does mean something, it’s not like they just gave it to a random dude to be edgy. He was clearly among the best offensive rookies last season (even if he wasn’t the best).

Nah they gave it to him because he was a QB. He should have probably finished 4th in voting.

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Kyler Murray wasn't the best offensive rookie last season, that's AJ Brown or Josh Jacobs.

But, that's not saying Kyler wasn't an excellent rookie.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Nah they gave it to him because he was a QB. He should have probably finished 4th in voting.

Forgot Terry McLaurin, but point remains. By no stretch was Kyler a bad rookie QB.

• Like 2