Arizona Cardinals: Post-Hopkins Trade?

JaguarCrazy2832

43 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

Murray has a strong arm than Wilson, lacks his instincts though. 

The arm talent will more than make up for it. 

Don't understand that logic at all.  

Technically, he has to have both. 

And, Wilson has both tangibles and intangibles. 

What you're doing is undermining Russell Wilson's arm strength compared to Kyler Murray's and that's simply inaccurate.  

18 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

What you're doing is undermining Russell Wilson's arm strength compared to Kyler Murray's and that's simply inaccurate.  

To be fair, he was talking about arm strength, not accuracy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Dude, who is dumb enough to take a QB who isn't even 5'11'' first overall?  

He had almost as many INTs as TDs probably because he couldn't see his targets.  

We beat him last season with a QB we literally pulled from the practice squad.  

He isn't your long term answer.  

To be fair, they said Aaron Donald was to short too. Now he's the best defensive player in the league.

Murray has a shot to do great things imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riftty said:

To be fair, they said Aaron Donald was to short too. Now he's the best defensive player in the league.

Murray has a shot to do great things imo.

That's a clear difference in position.  

Donald is an interior D-lineman, and his lack of height actually gives him the advantage off the snap over the taller offensive guards across from him. 

That works very well for the interior lineman.  

That doesn't work out so well for quarterbacks.  

20 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Having Hopkins opposite to Fitzgerald is quite the arsenal, but they honestly need a better QB.  

Murray doesn't have it. 

Hopkins would be great for a better QB (hence why he should have stayed at Houston), but he might have just went to Arizona to kill his own career.  

Good thing for Hopkins is that Larry won't be in the league for much longer, but who knows how he's going to pan out there.  

Do you just have hot takes on every QB for craps and laughs?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Kyler Murray wasn't the best offensive rookie last season, that's AJ Brown or Josh Jacobs.

But, that's not saying Kyler wasn't an excellent rookie.

You had a handful of guys who realistically could've won it last year.

Aj Brown
DK Metcalf
Terry McLaurin
Miles Sanders
Josh Jacobs
Kyler Murray
Gardner Minshew

I'm gunna sound like a homer (but since he did win pretty thoroughly, then not really), but there was no question that Kyler performed at least as well or better than any other rookie.

And I think there were some baller rookies, including Brown and Jacobs.

No question that QB is the hardest position in football.

We had a rookie QB with a rookie HC.  Not even a first time HC, a HC that had 0 experience in the NFL at a coaching level.  Not as a positions coach, assistant, or coordinator.  Complete freshy.

Defensive coordinator who has pretty much done nothing, if not regressed, as a coordinator/HC.  Cost us several games we had late leads in.

Cardinals came off one of the worst offenses in NFL history in the past 4 decades.  Playing in a difficult NFCW.

Kyler rookie season:

Passing

GP    CMP    ATT    CMP%    YDS    AVG    TD    INT    
16    349      542     64.4      3,722    6.9      20    12   

Rushing

GP    ATT    YDS    AVG    TD    
16    93        544       5.8     4   

Now just for sh**ts and giggles, let's just compare an MVP season from 2015 Cam Newton.  Obviously Newton's season was WAY better nor do I believe KM even deserved anywhere NEAR MVP last year, not even debating that and don't need to derail the conversation.  Just a brief look of basic stats (I know some others favor Cam in this regard)

Cam 2015:

Passing

GP    CMP    ATT    CMP%     YDS    AVG    TD    INT    

16       280    485        57.7     3,869    8.0     19       12

Rushing

16      132    636    4.8     10   

With one of the worst teams in existence coming into the season and almost single handedly played lights out - who got much better the second half of the season.  I think Kyler also was one of the most accurate deep ball passers in the league as well.  He played so ridic well given the circumstance.  And you want to add the difficult of playing in his size, well, it's difficult to play when you are smaller as a QB, not that you can't do it of course.

This thread sorta turned into a debate over his OROY status than the original title.  I also questioned Kyler's OROY, at least that it's possible he may not win (but never thought he didn't deserve it at all), but it was in the conversation of players ranked 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d.  not 1, 2, 3, 4  Kyler 4th though?  Please.  If you watched us two years ago, it was a MIRACLE if we crossed the 50 yard line by halftime.  Kyler rushed for ~1/2 of Jacobs yards.  I know Jacobs would have gotten more if he didn't get hurt as well.

Some of you guys are sorta giving credit due, but not really giving credit where credit is due.

How are the Cardinals going to be with Hopkins?  It should be a heck of a lot better.  Absence of training camp or whatever may hinder some of the progression and chemistry though.

Edited by Zalixar
  • Like 3

On 5/4/2020 at 10:20 AM, RamblinMan99 said:

Wilson's arm isn't close to Kylers. 

Now his ability and accuracy on the run however........

But Kyler is a different style qb anyway

Top 3 arm talent in the league already

Edited by AntonChigurh

On 5/4/2020 at 6:20 PM, Zalixar said:

I'

Kyler rookie season:

Passing

GP    CMP    ATT    CMP%    YDS    AVG    TD    INT    
16    349      542     64.4      3,722    6.9      20    12   

Rushing

16    93        544       5.8     4   

Now just for sh**ts and giggles, let's just compare an MVP season from 2015 Cam Newton.  Obviously Newton's season was WAY better nor do I believe KM even deserved anywhere NEAR MVP last year, not even debating that and don't need to derail the conversation.  Just a brief look of basic stats (I know some others favor Cam in this regard)

Cam 2015:

Passing

GP    CMP    ATT    CMP%     YDS    AVG    TD    INT    

16       280    485        57.7     3,869    8.0     19       12

Rushing

16      132    636    4.8     10   

Huh? Those aren't Cam's MVP season numbers, you took his passing stats from his 2012 season.  

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

Wilson's arm isn't close to Kylers. 

Don't see where you're getting this from.  

Wilson throws at 55mph, Murray at 57 mph.  Not a huge difference there, and not big enough of a difference to render Murray a better QB than Wilson.

Besides, Murray isn't even close to Patrick Mahomes anyway (who throws the football at a whopping 62 mph).  

7 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Huh? Those aren't Cam's MVP season numbers, you took his passing stats from his 2012 season.  

Hmm, copy pasting did not do my justice.  Not sure what happened there.

• Like 1