Don Shula passes away

Elky

16 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Well, Bill Belichick won't have anybody around anymore to remind him what a REAL NFL head coach looks like.  

Don Shula was everything he wasn't.  

Well, considering Shula went 0-1 in Super Bowls with DAN FREAKING MARINO, I think Bill is glad he isn't Shula.

Edited by Elky

Unbelievably talented NFL coach and one of the pillars that today's' coaches and players stand on
His contributions to the game and to the Dolphins are immense

https://www.profootballhof.com/players/don-shula/biography/

"The important thing is not what Don Shula knows or what any of my assistant coaches know.
The important thing is what we can transmit to the people we’re responsible for.
That’s what coaching is— the ability to transmit information.”

Shula-Don-6.jpg?53714

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, August4th said:

wonder how many NFL fans from my generation and younger realize how historically successful the dolphins had been because of what he built. they've been mostly irrelevant for a good 20 years now

33 years as a head coach, and only 2 losing seasons out of those 33 years. Those two losing seasons still had 6 wins tho. Basically unbelievable but he did it. 

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

RIP In Peace. A historic figure for the sport. He's lived a long and fulfilling life, I hope his family was able to say their goodbyes in the midst of the situation we find ourselves in.

And he's all ready in the Hall of Fame.