RIP Coach!!!

Swampbilly

From a Browns Fan (and I dont think my forum would mind me speaking on behalf of the Room), TRULY we offer our Respect and Condolences.

But prayerfully his family has peace and comfort at this difficult time. I guess the Almighty needed a new Coach in Heaven.

R.I.P. Coach Shula......without a DOUBT one of the best to EVER do da'Damn Thang......

• Like 2

Shula was one of the all-time greats.  I think it was Bum Phillips who put it best, "He can take his and beat you with yours, and he can take yours and beat you with his."  I'm sure I mangled that a bit, but you get the idea.  Virtually all the great accomplishments of the Dolphin franchise are due to Don Shula.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a Dolphin fan, but it's sad that his passing elicited a mere 4 responses in 3 weeks. Sad, and more proof that NFL fans too often don't care about the history of the sport, like baseball fans.

Shula won with integrity and class and his players revere him to this day. For me, while a child of the 80s, got a good taste of the 1970s, though by the time I knew the sport (Super Bowl 11) the Dolphins had already won SB 7 and 8, but from that moment on, Coach Shula was a mainstay and with his passing, almost every single coach that coached in a Super Bowl during the 1970s is gone. I think only two still are with us, John Madden and Bud Grant. Coach Shulas passing puts the explanation mark on the 1970s, one hell of an interesting decade of football, a decade of insanely great teams. It's amazing given how good Pittsburgh, Dallas and Miami were they didn't just scrap the league. In fact, there is ONE SINGLE Super Bowl in the 1970s that did not include one of those 3 teams. Simply remarkable. And Don Shula was part of that greatness for sure.

12 hours ago, kwolf68 said:

Not a Dolphin fan, but it's sad that his passing elicited a mere 4 responses in 3 weeks. Sad, and more proof that NFL fans too often don't care about the history of the sport, like baseball fans.

Shula won with integrity and class and his players revere him to this day. For me, while a child of the 80s, got a good taste of the 1970s, though by the time I knew the sport (Super Bowl 11) the Dolphins had already won SB 7 and 8, but from that moment on, Coach Shula was a mainstay and with his passing, almost every single coach that coached in a Super Bowl during the 1970s is gone. I think only two still are with us, John Madden and Bud Grant. Coach Shulas passing puts the explanation mark on the 1970s, one hell of an interesting decade of football, a decade of insanely great teams. It's amazing given how good Pittsburgh, Dallas and Miami were they didn't just scrap the league. In fact, there is ONE SINGLE Super Bowl in the 1970s that did not include one of those 3 teams. Simply remarkable. And Don Shula was part of that greatness for sure.

That's just the state of the Dolphins forum right now.  We lost a TON of posters in here when the forum switched over and due to the ineptitude of the team in recent years.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, hrubes20 said:

That's just the state of the Dolphins forum right now.  We lost a TON of posters in here when the forum switched over and due to the ineptitude of the team in recent years.

I get it. All good. Even non-Dolphin fans should pay respect in my view. Shula was a great ambassador for the game and its integrity not to mention one of the greatest coaches ever. 

But yea Miami has been really awful lately so I can see how apathy could take hold.