Sign in to follow this  
textaz03

Cooper Rushed out the door

I guess they really like DiNucci

This should be viewed as exactly what it is: bottom-of-the-roster overturn. It's healthy.

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

This should be viewed as exactly what it is: bottom-of-the-roster overturn. It's healthy.

Sure - but a QB being waived this early for a vet and a rookie is still shocking. I expected to at least hit training camp.

3 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Sure - but a QB being waived this early for a vet and a rookie is still shocking. I expected to at least hit training camp.

Makes sense. The flipside to your point is that this gives him time to sign with another team and make training camp somewhere else. Stuff like this happens all over the league. It's just unusual in Dallas because we have a tendency to hold onto players for longer than we should.

19 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

What would bethe point in keeping him, is my question.

You know he’s not going to be your backup, he’s not the type you keep as a #3, and he’s exhausted his practice squad eligibility. I think it makes sense to give those reps to the youngsters from day 1.

23 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

What would bethe point in keeping him, is my question.

You know he’s not going to be your backup, he’s not the type you keep as a #3, and he’s exhausted his practice squad eligibility. I think it makes sense to give those reps to the youngsters from day 1.

No, nothing really. Just was unexpected.

Little surprised he didn't at least get a chance to compete in TC, but obviously MM has his project in place with DiNucci. 

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Cooper was drafted by the old regime and wasn't all that impressive. They drafted their development QB and will have him for cheap, instead of $2M. I am sure more of those "Garrett Guys" will be out the door soon too. My eye is on Trysten Hill. He has to do something in camp or he won't be here next year.

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Rush was set to make 2.1 Million. Dalton is going to make 3 Million.

Zero dead money too for Rush. 

15 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Zero dead money too for Rush. 

Factor that in with having 5 guys on roster(including Rush) and there it is. Keep thorson (I'm not gonna learn to spell his name) as a camp arm and as a second qb for the HoF game behind Dinucci then likely cut him too

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

If the goal was to have the best possible quarterback for your #3 spot, they’d keep Rush. But keeping a QB3 is not about 2020.