Cooper Rushed out the door

textaz03

McCarthy definitely rolled the dice with cutting Rush because hes obviously trying to make sure theres reps for Denuicci.

I'm fine with this, always felt like with Garrett we would not give the younger talent enough reps on the offensive side until the hand was forced with injuries.

4 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

McCarthy definitely rolled the dice with cutting Rush because hes obviously trying to make sure theres reps for Denuicci.

I'm fine with this, always felt like with Garrett we would not give the younger talent enough reps on the offensive side until the hand was forced with injuries.

I don’t see how it’s a roll of the dice. 0% chance you are keeping a QB3 at $2.1M. You are more likely to just keep 2 QBs than do that.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t see how it’s a roll of the dice. 0% chance you are keeping a QB3 at $2.1M. You are more likely to just keep 2 QBs than do that.

If we only keep 2 QBs i'd be worried tbh. That plan works until it doesn't. All it takes is one cold weather game against a top ranked hard hitting defense and we'll be there asking to put our punter in at QB.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

9 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

If we only keep 2 QBs i'd be worried tbh. That plan works until it doesn't. All it takes is one cold weather game against a top ranked hard hitting defense and we'll be there asking to put our punter in at QB.

We only keep 2 in most years. If you get to your 3rd QB, you are screwed anyway. If you do keep a 3rd QB, it’s someone you have developmental hope for. Cooper Rush is not it. 

Rush still had a very long journey to be a reliable backup. He had some.tools we saw in preseason but putting it together was still a ways off. As I have said, depth is key to the NFL today. If your backup is Mason Rudolph-ish you.may go .500 if you get lucky. But if its Teddy Brisgewater-ish you have a chance to go 1.000 in case of injury.

Dalton is a better option. And with DiNucci drafted, Rush simply ran out of time to put it together. Not a tremendous issue. You have your backup, you have your new project, you cant waive your last project to practice squad, so you have to move on. Time ran out.

12 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Doesn't the roster go up to 55 this year??? If so I see three QB's on the roster...

• Like 1