2020 Schedule

bigbadbuff

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

So we know first month is vs NFC so starting out id assume either 2 straight at home vs SEA and LAR or on the road @SF and @AZ. I don’t see the NFL having us alternating road-home for these games. 

I’d almost rather get the road games out of the way first

I fear we’d start 0-2 if that’s how the season begins.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I fear we’d start 0-2 if that’s how the season begins.

Starting 0-2 at home? Nahh I’m not scared of the Seahawks or the Rams. Seattle has Russ so obv they always have a chance, but we are a better team than both IMO, and if we want to be good those are games we have to win.

8 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Starting 0-2 at home? Nahh I’m not scared of the Seahawks or the Rams. Seattle has Russ so obv they always have a chance, but we are a better team than both IMO, and if we want to be good those are games we have to win.

No I meant on the road for the first two weeks. 

SF defense is scary and Arizona offense playmakers on paper could be the best in the league. 

I agree about beating the Rams and Seahawks. Especially if those games are 1:00pm at the beginning of the season.

If John Clayton is right about the 1st 4 games being afc vs nfc then his other theory will be right which is week 5 and week 6 are non common opponents meaning bills will play steelers and @tennessee.. This is the best way to deal with the COVID situation as the non conference opponents dont really have any weight to them when it comes to ties. Then the non common opponents even though they are same conference it isnt as big of a deal as common opponents. This also lines up with my theory if for some reason the season has to be shortened then they can easily cut out the 1st 4 games if need be and have it a strictly conference schedule for the year. I actually like the fact that they play the nfc west 1st as the defense usually is set to go before the offense. Niners have a solid defense but the other 3 teams have struggled the past year on that side of the ball. Rams 13th in yards given up, Seattle was 26th and Arizona was last. Rams were 17th in points allowed, Seattle was 22, and Arizona was 28th. I know things have changed over the summer and this may not mean much but ill take those chances early on rather then mid to late season making a run. Also keep in mind the rest of the division also has to play those 4 teams in the beginning. My guess is the bills will either be on the road the 1st two weeks or they will be at home the first 2 weeks I cant imagine the league forcing them to fly back each week to play at home every other week and then flying to west coast the opposite weeks. Bills havent had a week 1 home opener in years so I think that continues this year. Bills can land SNF or MNF with Niners not a bad matchup to start the season since the Superbowl champs will play on Thursday Night.