Patriots College Scouting Director Monti Ossenfort joins Titans as Director of Player Personnel

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Interesting timing for him to move ~a week after the draft. Was there a recent retirement on the Tenn side or something where that person was finishing through the draft?

The move probably couldn’t happen before the draft unless it was WELL before the draft, like, middle of the college football season early.

Changing your rankings, big boards, shuffling scouts around and changing how you want them to operate under you would be a disaster to take on right before the draft.

Its the ideal time to make changes in the front office, everyone assumes that when the season is over is the best time to make all changes but for scouts and even GMs its ideal after the draft as those members are working on a new year once the draft is over and they have to start looking over college prospects who may be going to the NFL in 2021 season in order to be on the same page. You paid and put all that time in a scout and that department all year round and to fire them when the previous season is over is a waste and they then take that knowledge to a new team. It was smart for the titans to make the change now

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Thank God. Titans need help, but I think this is a lateral move at best based on the draft results for the Patriots. Super questionable.

Why couldn’t he have left 15+ years ago?

Edited by DoleINGout

52 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Why couldn’t he have left 15+ years ago?

Titans need help? Lol what? The Titans have one of the better front offices in football. They now have two guys working under Robinson who have interviewed for GM positions numerous times. Also blaming one guy in the scouting department for years of miserable Patriot drafts is hilarious.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Titans need help? Lol what? The Titans have one of the better front offices in football. They now have two guys working under Robinson who have interviewed for GM positions numerous times. Also blaming one guy in the scouting department for years of miserable Patriot drafts is hilarious.

Not blaming him for everything but I'm glad to see change. Considering where he is coming from as a drafting team, I don't think it's a great hire. Also, Jon Robinson is cool, I like the Titans, but I think their recent draft was one of the worst. Just an opinion.

16 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Not blaming him for everything but I'm glad to see change. Considering where he is coming from as a drafting team, I don't think it's a great hire. Also, Jon Robinson is cool, I like the Titans, but I think their recent draft was one of the worst. Just an opinion.

Yet his previous drafts have produced numerous studs and contributors.... he knows what he’s doing

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

You could flip the script on him leaving. Maybe he was frustrated concerning the Pats recent drafts. His input diminished and he didn't agree with the way things were going and had enough and need a fresh start. o.O

• Like 1

Hope you like high-character, 4 year captains who can play in 3 different positions and is a special teams ace, Titan fans...

In all seriousness, this isn't really much of anything. One man doesn't call all the shots, this probably won't be noticed by either sets of fans.