2017 was one of the WORST drafts

Elky

On 5/4/2020 at 7:57 PM, FinSting said:

Christian McCaffrey has 64 million reasons why 2017 was a good draft. 

Hear hear. 

We also got Curtis Samuel, Taylor Moton, and Alex Armah, our FB. Also got Kansas City’s amazing kicker!

Edit: Autocorrect 

Edited by DaveDX
  • Like 1

From a fantasy point of view, the 2017 draft will go down as one of the best in modern history. Two tier 1 QBs (Mahomes & Watson), 10 high end running backs, Cooper Kupp, Kenny Golladay, Juju Smith-Schuster and Chris Godwin as WRs and a few TEs including Kittle. 

Mahomes, McCaffrey, Kamara, Kupp, Godwin, Cook, Mixon, Watson, Kittle + Butker if you need a kicker. It's pretty stacked! 

11 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

From a fantasy point of view, the 2017 draft will go down as one of the best in modern history. Two tier 1 QBs (Mahomes & Watson), 10 high end running backs, Cooper Kupp, Kenny Golladay, Juju Smith-Schuster and Chris Godwin as WRs and a few TEs including Kittle. 

Mahomes, McCaffrey, Kamara, Kupp, Godwin, Cook, Mixon, Watson, Kittle + Butker if you need a kicker. It's pretty stacked! 

That's pretty minor from a whole draft class. Many more misses than hits.

J

This draft as a Bears fan will forever be vomit worthy.Just start with the fact they took Trubisky over Watson. How? I to this day don't understand what they saw that said yep Mitch is the guy not Watson. Helen Keller could've seen that. I'm not gonna mention Maholmes in this discussion because there were questions and I truly don't think anybody saw what he is, not even Reid and KC.Then you factor in the Bears traded up and gave assets. That impacted them later as well as they moved down in 2nd to acquire more picks to replace what they gave up for Mitch. Its at that point they made an even worse pick on SHaheen. If they don't make those terrible picks and forced trade realistically based on who they drafted in 2017 and what the roster looked like they could have come out of that draft with: Watson (instead of Mitch) DAlvin Cook (went 41 after Bears dropped from 36 to 45) Cooper Kupp at 67 (traded to SF in the Mitch trade) and wouldn't have had pick 119 to take Cohen because they got that pick in the trade when they moved down in the 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

It was okay for the Vikings. Dalvin Cook was absolutely worth the first-round pick and is one of the best RBs in the league when healthy. Jaleel Johnson and Ben Gedeon are still here, though I can't remember the last time I saw either guy on the field. Ifeadi proved to be a steal in the 7th round, as he settled down with us after a while and made some key plays in 2019.

On the other hand, Pat Elflein hasn't panned out at any position and his spot is there for the taking. Rodney Adams and Danny Isidora soon disappeared. Stacy Coley looked good in preseason before vanishing into thin air, Bucky Hodges got hurt and never made it on the field, Jack Tocho went on to AAF and XFL fame, and Elijah Lee didn't make it to an active roster until last year with the Niners. So, definitely a mixed bag.

I would disagree.

Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams, Christian McCaffrey, Patrick Mahomes, Marshon Lattimore, Deshaun Watson, Tre'Davius White and TJ Watt are all very good to elite players at their positions. It might not be the best draft class ever but it's certainly not 2013.