2020 Schedule Release- Thursday May 7th

Shanedorf

2020 NFL Schedule Release - Will you be making plans ?   

29 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 NFL Schedule Release - Will you be making plans ?

• Yes, right away
    • Yes, but I will wait a bit
    • No, not just yet
    • Are you nuts ?

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Packers need to sweep that home schedule 8-0. On the road, I'll be ecstatic if we can manage 4-4. 

Isn't that what Holmgren preached back in the day?  Win at home, split on the road, get a bye.  

It may be different now with only one bye, but still.  That's a record I'd take in an instant.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Isn't that what Holmgren preached back in the day?  Win at home, split on the road, get a bye.  

It may be different now with only one bye, but still.  That's a record I'd take in an instant.

Yea, I think our home schedule is very favorable, as it was last year. We laid one egg against Philly so that can't happen again. Need to run the table there because this road schedule is daunting af. 

Before FA started I was saying, "well at least we have Tampa and Indy, both have crap at QB." Now, it's Brady and Rivers (and Rivers had his best game of the season last year against Pettine's defense). 

Edited by packfanfb

If the NFL plays games without fans, that helps the sound levels at minny, at nawlins, at Indy. Detroit  ? yeah, whatever
Tampa might be pumped up a bit this year too, but its never been known as a loud stadium

Will the NFL allow Sven to blow his stoooopid horn in minny ?

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Packers opened vs the bears last year

Yes, but division games are never easy. 

At Bears
Bears
Seahawks (Playoffs year before)
At Jaguars
At Bears
At Seahawks (After they had just won Super Bowl)
At 49ers (After they had just beaten us in the playoffs two consecutive years)
49ers (After they had just beaten us in the playoffs)
Saints (They were a playoff team)
At Eagles (They were a playoff team)
Bears
Vikings
Eagles (They had just made playoffs)
Bears
At Lions
At Panthers (Coming off Super Bowl loss)
Vikings
Falcons

Since 2002, the Packers have had a SINGLE opening season game at home against a non-divisional team that did not make the playoffs the year before. 

7/18 have been against division rivals.
8/11 remaining games came against playoff teams the year before.

I just want a stress-free easy game to start the season at home.  No special game.  No rematch, no division rival game, no tests. 

Give me the Falcons or Panthers at home. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just want a stress-free easy game to start the season at home.  No special game.  No rematch, no division rival game, no tests. 

Give me the Falcons or Panthers at home. 

I understand your frustration and thx for doing the legwork on the openers.
But GB is a premiere franchise and the NFL is often counting on the Packers to kick off the season ratings race

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

I understand your frustration and thx for doing the legwork on the openers.
But GB is a premiere franchise and the NFL is often counting on the Packers to kick off the season ratings race

So let them open against a crap team … they can still be a premiere franchise!

"NFL teams don't have much control over the schedule but Packers president Mark Murphy said he made two requests for early in the season that would put them on the road for consecutive weeks at the end of September/beginning of October because of Wisconsin-Notre Dame at Lambeau Field on Oct. 3 and the Ryder Cup the previous week at Whistling Straits "

"For the Wisconsin game we said the facility wasn't available and for the Ryder Cup we requested to be on the road," Murphy said at the combine

Clayton is usually credible so if it's a Lambeau opener, it'll be either the Jags or Titans. Or we open on the road against Rivers or Watson.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Packers are a prime-time opener against the Titans. Battle of the No. 3 and 4 teams last year. 

Edited by packfanfb

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Clayton is usually credible so if it's a Lambeau opener, it'll be either the Jags or Titans. Or we open on the road against Rivers or Watson.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Packers are a prime-time opener against the Titans. Battle of the No. 3 and 4 teams last year. 

MLF should know how to show down Henry at least. He was great at it when he was his OC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I bet this is cancellation protection. These are the least important games for playoff seeding, so they schedule them first to give flexibility to cancel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I bet this is cancellation protection. These are the least important games for playoff seeding, so they schedule them first to give flexibility to cancel.

Makes a ton of sense. I won't be shocked if it's the same for everybody.

Weeks 1-4 the opposite conference teams

Weeks 5-6 the same place teams

Weeks 7-9 division games

Weeks 10-13 vs. same division games

Weeks 14-16 division games.

That way you can cancel up to 6 weeks and have a really fair 10 game season.

• Like 1